April 18, 2014 | 1869 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Advanced Radiance Age-Defying Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2007 5:57:00 PM More reviews by twinmommy44

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not too bad for a drugstore brand, but not nice enough to repurchase.
It gives buildable coverage, but can look a little masky if you are too heavy handed. I have combo skin in the summer, and I had break through oil everyday with this. I gave it to my mother, but she didn't like it either. I may try it again this winter when I visit my mom.
Overall, this is just okay and we all deserve better than just okay.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2007 2:08:00 PM More reviews by DonnaQ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This cream foundation is very good. Being a "cosmetics snob," I would buy my foundation only at a department store because of the vast choice of foundation shades. I had been using Prescriptives Photochrome light adjusting makeup, and when I ran out of it and couldn't find my shade, I went searching for a cream foundation similar to the Photochrome. I saw the Cover Girl and decided to try it. I'm sure glad I did. It covers better than the Photochrome (which I think has since been discontinued), and when I apply it with a makeup brush, makes my skin look very smooth. Even better, it costs about three times less than the Prescriptives. Even though I would like to see more choice in shades, I highly recommend this product. Moral of the story: you don't have to spend good money to get a good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2007 6:50:00 PM More reviews by virginia88

I wear this daily in classic ivory. I have old scars to cover and have aging, acne prone, combo skin. It covers very well, adds moisture without being greasy. Looks best over exfoliated skin. It is very easy to blend into jawline. I mix a tiny bit of Revlon SKinLights with it for some added glow. I am a personal trainer and in humid environments alot - works well for me. ALWAYS wash off your makeup or it will break you out no matter what brand or type of makeup. Too tired - use an unscented baby wipe! Drink your water and all products work better!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2007 6:51:00 AM More reviews by corkeyes

I love the coverage of this product, and the ease of application, PLUS the fact that on my oily skin, it kept the oilies at bay for 12 hours, which I never get with a liquid foundation. Unfortunately, being very pale, the lightest shade Ivory is a tad too dark, and I like a better match, so I won't repurchase. Sigh

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2007 5:15:00 PM More reviews by bamabreeze

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation! It's sheer and creamy without being greasy, doens't slip into fine lines, and it makes my skin glow. I do use a light brushing of powder over my T-Zone, but I'm pleased with the look I get without using powder all over my face. I haven't even been tempted to try anything else since this product came out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2007 1:12:00 PM More reviews by mumsymum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been wearing this foundation for a few years and like this makeup. I have not found anything I like better. I have major skin sensitivities and rosacea. I have not had a problem with any irritation from this base. The whipped cream version of Advanced Radiance does not cover my rosacea well at all, and it stung my eyes. I could see all the broken capillaries in my face with the cream, but not with the cream to powder version.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2007 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Crispyhexagon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Unfortunately I must have too much moisture in my skin for this to work for me as I was almost instantly shiny even with the matching powder. But from the great reviews it sounds like a nice product for someone who's skin is a little more on the dry side.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2007 1:58:00 PM More reviews by AddicTedtoMAC

I believe this is my HG foundation. I've already gone through 4 compacts. I wear the 120 Creamy Natural and it's the PERFECT match for my light skin. I have dry skin that's prone to flakiness and also acne, and this works really well for me. I wet the sponge and this literally just slides so easily on my face. Very fast application and looks very natural. The coverage is buildable, and I'd say it provides very good coverage without looking heavy. You'd probably need a concealer for bad blemishes, but this covers up my red marks from old acne perfectly. I LOVE love love this!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2007 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Karie

I love this foundation and I usually use mineral makeup. I dont like a lot of makeup and this stuff is great! It looks so natural and really improves the look of your skin without being heavy. The colors are nice although they are quite light when they go on the skin. It looks a lot darker in the package. I think it is definitely worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2007 4:30:00 PM More reviews by lucky7597

I am very picky about foundations because I am 45 and although good skin, I am still oily in the T-zone area. I really love this foundation. I have the compact with the sponge and it goes on beautifully smooth and radiant. Someone told me they could not believe I was 45 because my skin looked gorgeous. Wow was I happy! Hey with compliments like that I'll keep using it! It has SPF and stays put at least 5 hours. I work 5 hour days and my skin looks as fresh as it did when I applied the makeup in the a.m.! I would definitely repurchase! Good color choices too - very true colors - not orangy!!!!!