Maybelline Great Lash Clear

3.8

Aqua/Water, Alcohol Denat, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Polyvinyl, Alcohol, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Disodium EDTA

on 1/20/2013 11:12:00 AM

I primarily use this on my eyelashes. I tried it on my brows a few times, but I greatly prefer Tweezerman's brow mousse for that use. It provides a nice natural mascara look, but as others have said it is a little wet on application.

on 12/30/2012 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I use this product on my eyebrows. I bought it while my local CVS was having a sale on Maybelline products, plus I had a coupon :) this item replaced my Cover Girl Professional clear mascara. unfortunately, I don't care much for this product. the reason why is because of the packaging. I'm not talking about the green and pink colors on the tube, I mean the way the stopper and brush coordinate with each other. the brush is pretty small, and I feel like the stopper should be made so that it has a tighter grip on the brush as it is slid through the tube. I frequently have the problem of getting too much product on the brush, which initially makes my eyebrows "over-gelled", and then later in the day, I actually get a little bit of dandruff-like crust when the gel dries up. I don't think I ever had this problem with the Cover Girl mascara. however, I gave this mascara a 3 because I can make it work if I wipe off the excess gel from the wand onto the sides of the tube without making a huge mess, which is a little inconvenient.

I'm supposing that the regular Great Lash mascara uses the same kind of packaging as the clear one, and if so, now I understand why a lot of people don't like it.

I bought this to use on my lashes and brows. I like it quite a lot although my only complaint is how wet the formula is. It does dry after a bit but when first applying it, it is very hard to ignore the wet feeling. I find that if you don't manipulate your lashes while they are still wet with this to EXACTLY what you want your lashes to look like when dry, that my lashes will look a bit wonky. It doesn't dry to a gross flaky finish but instead to a very nice almost glossy appearance but it is very natural looking. This is lovely especially for the price.

on 12/6/2012 7:47:00 AM

I use this clear mascara as my every-day brow gel. I use it over my Maybelline Define-A-Brow eyebrow pencil to set the color and also to keep my brows perfectly in place. I notice that if I apply this I don't need to check or comb my eyebrows as often throughout the day. My one compliant about this product is that it is a little too wet of a formula for my preference, but I'm sure it will dry out slightly over time (as regular mascaras do).

on 11/1/2012 11:02:00 AM

I love this! I use it for my brow gel to set them and make them stay put and it really works! The packaging is a little cheap but the product inside is great! I would definitely recommend.

on 11/1/2012 10:45:00 AM

Switched to this from the Anastasia brow gel to save some money. Very happy I did! I found the Anastasia sometimes would be a bit crunchy & flaky but don't experience that at all with Maybelline. Very good value & will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Not Yay, not Nay... So-so

on 10/12/2012 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I too use this as brow gel. Works great and I have no desire to try anything else - it's cheap, accessible, does the job and doesn't get flaky. Can't say I ilke how it looks on eyelashes but I don't ever go for clear mascaras on my lashes anyway so no complaints there :)

on 10/11/2012 12:12:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This did nothing for me. I need more volume and pigment for my lashes. This did not work as a brow gel.

on 9/27/2012 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this because I could not find NYC's Brow Kit at my Wal-Mart for the longest time, and I was seriously running out of it. I needed something to hold my brows in place. Am I wrong, or is this just hair gel in a mascara tube? It smells like it, and it took care of the flyaways around my hairline. On my brows, it's just okay. I don't think it holds as well as the wax does. I don't like the clear bottle, because I set my brows after applying colour to them, and I can see the brush & mascara itself getting dirty as I use it more. I will buy it again if I can't find anything better to set my brows with.

Popular Mascaras