Maybelline Great Lash Clear

3.8

Aqua/Water, Alcohol Denat, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Polyvinyl, Alcohol, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Disodium EDTA

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best eyebrow gel ever! I've never tried it was a mascara so I can't comment on that part. I've been using this for 8 years and will continue to do so. HG for me!

on 3/16/2013 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

i use this product as a brow gel, it's an excellent brow gel. i gave it a 4 because it sucks as a mascara. first off, the packaging is okay. my problem with it is when i put the wand back in the product it tends to go to the side, which isn't a huge problem, it can get on my nerves at times. the pricing is good, around $4 - $6. i like this product because it's cheaper than a brow gel. when i put my brow powder on (only where my eyebrow is uneven) it stays on the entire day using this. it can fade, but not really. it keeps it put, which i like. overall, this is a good brow gel and i'd recommend it for anyone to try.

Holds my brow hair and doesn't flake or feel stiff I dont get breakouts from this and my skin is sensitive. Cheap price and super easy to find

on 2/8/2013 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I'm going to go ahead and give this two stars as opposed to the one star that I have the regular black Great Lash because it makes a decent brow gel.

I have not used this on my lashes, but it's nice as a brow gel. It provides light hold, which may not be optimal for someone who has thicker, coarser brows (since my brows are fine, it works perfectly for me).

It's an all right brow gel, but there's better. Since the formula is the same as the original Great Lash (wet, goopy, and every other negative word that you can think of), I'm sure this will suck as mascara as well.

on 1/28/2013 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this product for as a gift from someone. I never use it because it is really only good for keeping your brows in place. Not much for your eyes, unless you have full thick lashes.

on 1/20/2013 11:12:00 AM

I primarily use this on my eyelashes. I tried it on my brows a few times, but I greatly prefer Tweezerman's brow mousse for that use. It provides a nice natural mascara look, but as others have said it is a little wet on application.

on 12/30/2012 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I use this product on my eyebrows. I bought it while my local CVS was having a sale on Maybelline products, plus I had a coupon :) this item replaced my Cover Girl Professional clear mascara. unfortunately, I don't care much for this product. the reason why is because of the packaging. I'm not talking about the green and pink colors on the tube, I mean the way the stopper and brush coordinate with each other. the brush is pretty small, and I feel like the stopper should be made so that it has a tighter grip on the brush as it is slid through the tube. I frequently have the problem of getting too much product on the brush, which initially makes my eyebrows "over-gelled", and then later in the day, I actually get a little bit of dandruff-like crust when the gel dries up. I don't think I ever had this problem with the Cover Girl mascara. however, I gave this mascara a 3 because I can make it work if I wipe off the excess gel from the wand onto the sides of the tube without making a huge mess, which is a little inconvenient.

I'm supposing that the regular Great Lash mascara uses the same kind of packaging as the clear one, and if so, now I understand why a lot of people don't like it.

I bought this to use on my lashes and brows. I like it quite a lot although my only complaint is how wet the formula is. It does dry after a bit but when first applying it, it is very hard to ignore the wet feeling. I find that if you don't manipulate your lashes while they are still wet with this to EXACTLY what you want your lashes to look like when dry, that my lashes will look a bit wonky. It doesn't dry to a gross flaky finish but instead to a very nice almost glossy appearance but it is very natural looking. This is lovely especially for the price.

on 12/6/2012 7:47:00 AM

I use this clear mascara as my every-day brow gel. I use it over my Maybelline Define-A-Brow eyebrow pencil to set the color and also to keep my brows perfectly in place. I notice that if I apply this I don't need to check or comb my eyebrows as often throughout the day. My one compliant about this product is that it is a little too wet of a formula for my preference, but I'm sure it will dry out slightly over time (as regular mascaras do).

on 11/1/2012 11:02:00 AM

I love this! I use it for my brow gel to set them and make them stay put and it really works! The packaging is a little cheap but the product inside is great! I would definitely recommend.

Video Reviews & Tutorials