September 18, 2014 | 1955 users online

Cleansers - DHC - Deep Cleansing Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

I have an oily T-zone and very dry, dehydrated cheeks. The first several times I used this, it broke me out and I put it to the side. Then, I started using it just on my cheeks and an AHA cleanser on my oily areas. I then recently read in InStyle magazine that I should be using an oil cleanser on my oily areas because "like attracts like." So I reversed my cleansing ritual and within 2 days, I had 4 zits--2 on the tip of my nose, one right under my nostril and 1 giant, deep, painful one right smack in the center crease of my chin. Even if the cleanser is unclogging my pores, I'd rather that they unclog slowly like they did before than walk around with acne in my 40's.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

My curent HG is SKII Cleansing OIl. Used to love this (when I have oily skin back in my 20s) but not anymore (maybe cause I am older and my skin is more dry now).

The viscosity is higher with DHC and the bottle is smaller thought i suppose with price breakdown, it will amount to almost the same.

I just find the consistency for this too thick and end up rubbing my face too hard.

I did use at least 6 bottles before changing to SKiII though. This is really not a bad product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 7:09:00 AM More reviews by dk34

Great for my combo skin. Takes off all the makeup, even waterproof mascaras. Reasonable Price. Doesn't leave skin feel tight or dry.

Cons: Stings the eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

I like this more than the MAC Cleanse Oil for minor reasons, but they basically do the same thing. The DHC is cheaper by a few $ and you get a little more than the MAC, so overall, it's more for your money. Plus the packaging is sturdier and you only need one pump to get enough oil for your whole face, whereas with the MAC you will need maybe 2 pumps to cover the whole face. This oil also feels heavier / thicker than the MAC, which I think feels more luxurious although they both work just as well.

To use this product, take a pump into your dry hands and slather it across your (dry) face, gently smoothing it across your skin until it dissolves all your makeup. (Be especially vigilant around the eye area if you have waterproof makeup, this oil takes a minute or two to fully dissolve those). Then just rinse off thoroughly with water. Unlike the MAC, this oil doesn't need to be emulsified before rinsing off. I'm too lazy to follow up with cleanser most of the time, but it doesn't hurt in case you feel like you still have oil or residue on your face.

I don't think this is too drying or anything, but I have oily skin. I also put on moisturizer immediately after washing my face, so I don't give it time to feel "dry".

Overall, excellent product, definite HG. It removes everything from waterproof mascara to glue-like sunscreens. I order from Amazon.com since this isn't avaliable in drugstores or any other store where I can buy it in person.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Cat1104

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have very sensitive skin that is oily but dehydrated (lacks water, not oil). I found this way too drying for my skin. It caused irritation bumps (tiny red bumps all over) as well as some flaking skin and zits. I suspect my skin doesn't like olive oil or its derivatives though.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by GStelz

I had such high hopes for this product! I use a gentle, non foaming cleanser at night. I had some clogging so I decided that the cleansing oil could be a nice addition to my routine to make sure every last bit of gunk was removed and also to help with some of the clogging. After scouring reviews I decided to make the leap and was so excited to get this at around Christmas (about 4.5 weeks ago).

I began using this product immediately, exactly as directed. It removed all my make up, including my eye make up. The aroma was pleasant to me and it didn't irritate my eyes. After using the oil I still used my Mario Badescu cleanser with my Mia. Within a few days I began to break out. Refusing to believe that the Deep Cleansing Oil was the culprit I continued to use it. Tonight will be the first night in nearly five weeks that I don't use the oil. I am sad because I still believe in the idea of the product but, unfortunately, the past five weeks has left my previously-clear skin in ruins. My skin can be reactive to crappy products but if I stick to things that shouldn't make you break out I'm usually fine. Since introducing the oil I've had deep, painful pimples. Sometimes they come to a head and sometimes they linger deep in my skin and hurt. I haven't had acne like this in over 4 years so it was scary to have it return. The oil is the only change I've made in anything that touches my face so it has to be the cause.

So. I'm sad. Hopefully my skin will clear up. I will report back either way to confirm if the oil was the reason for my break outs. Even though I won't buy it again, I still gave it two lippies because it does effectively remove make up and leaves my face feeling wonderful (albeit covered in painful zits). I plan to give the rest of the bottle to my sister. She has dry skin that never breaks out and she uses olive oil on her skin. I'll try to report on her results.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by rclim4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Awesome cleansing oil!! There is absolutely no greasy feeling after rinsing and it manages to take off all my makeup effortlessly. My skin feels clean and soft after using it. I usually follow with the DHC mild soap or Cetaphil. Highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by newslang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

HG Cleanser. I've been using this for more than a year and I love, love, love it. When my skin is dry it works, when I'm breaking out it works.
Yeah, it's expensive but it's worth every penny. Removes all of my makeup (even longwear formulas) in seconds and it rinses clean.
I will be repurchasing this for years to come.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by lifebythedrop

Best oil cleanser I have used. I have combination/oily/acne prone skin and this is the best cleanser at keeping my acne and oil at bay. It also removes all my makeup at the end of the day. I love this stuff so much. I will continue to buy it again and again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by makeupjulia1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had very high expectations when going to buy this product. I was actually pretty excited for about a week or two into using this treatment then BOOM!, bad breakouts started that definitely went away when I stopped using this.

This was very frustrating because it did exactly what I didn't want it to do! I guess I don't trust cleansing oils anymore at all