August 21, 2014 | 1857 users online

Cleansers - DHC - Deep Cleansing Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

I like this more than the MAC Cleanse Oil for minor reasons, but they basically do the same thing. The DHC is cheaper by a few $ and you get a little more than the MAC, so overall, it's more for your money. Plus the packaging is sturdier and you only need one pump to get enough oil for your whole face, whereas with the MAC you will need maybe 2 pumps to cover the whole face. This oil also feels heavier / thicker than the MAC, which I think feels more luxurious although they both work just as well.

To use this product, take a pump into your dry hands and slather it across your (dry) face, gently smoothing it across your skin until it dissolves all your makeup. (Be especially vigilant around the eye area if you have waterproof makeup, this oil takes a minute or two to fully dissolve those). Then just rinse off thoroughly with water. Unlike the MAC, this oil doesn't need to be emulsified before rinsing off. I'm too lazy to follow up with cleanser most of the time, but it doesn't hurt in case you feel like you still have oil or residue on your face.

I don't think this is too drying or anything, but I have oily skin. I also put on moisturizer immediately after washing my face, so I don't give it time to feel "dry".

Overall, excellent product, definite HG. It removes everything from waterproof mascara to glue-like sunscreens. I order from Amazon.com since this isn't avaliable in drugstores or any other store where I can buy it in person.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Cat1104

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have very sensitive skin that is oily but dehydrated (lacks water, not oil). I found this way too drying for my skin. It caused irritation bumps (tiny red bumps all over) as well as some flaking skin and zits. I suspect my skin doesn't like olive oil or its derivatives though.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by GStelz

I had such high hopes for this product! I use a gentle, non foaming cleanser at night. I had some clogging so I decided that the cleansing oil could be a nice addition to my routine to make sure every last bit of gunk was removed and also to help with some of the clogging. After scouring reviews I decided to make the leap and was so excited to get this at around Christmas (about 4.5 weeks ago).

I began using this product immediately, exactly as directed. It removed all my make up, including my eye make up. The aroma was pleasant to me and it didn't irritate my eyes. After using the oil I still used my Mario Badescu cleanser with my Mia. Within a few days I began to break out. Refusing to believe that the Deep Cleansing Oil was the culprit I continued to use it. Tonight will be the first night in nearly five weeks that I don't use the oil. I am sad because I still believe in the idea of the product but, unfortunately, the past five weeks has left my previously-clear skin in ruins. My skin can be reactive to crappy products but if I stick to things that shouldn't make you break out I'm usually fine. Since introducing the oil I've had deep, painful pimples. Sometimes they come to a head and sometimes they linger deep in my skin and hurt. I haven't had acne like this in over 4 years so it was scary to have it return. The oil is the only change I've made in anything that touches my face so it has to be the cause.

So. I'm sad. Hopefully my skin will clear up. I will report back either way to confirm if the oil was the reason for my break outs. Even though I won't buy it again, I still gave it two lippies because it does effectively remove make up and leaves my face feeling wonderful (albeit covered in painful zits). I plan to give the rest of the bottle to my sister. She has dry skin that never breaks out and she uses olive oil on her skin. I'll try to report on her results.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by rclim4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Awesome cleansing oil!! There is absolutely no greasy feeling after rinsing and it manages to take off all my makeup effortlessly. My skin feels clean and soft after using it. I usually follow with the DHC mild soap or Cetaphil. Highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by newslang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

HG Cleanser. I've been using this for more than a year and I love, love, love it. When my skin is dry it works, when I'm breaking out it works.
Yeah, it's expensive but it's worth every penny. Removes all of my makeup (even longwear formulas) in seconds and it rinses clean.
I will be repurchasing this for years to come.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by lifebythedrop

Best oil cleanser I have used. I have combination/oily/acne prone skin and this is the best cleanser at keeping my acne and oil at bay. It also removes all my makeup at the end of the day. I love this stuff so much. I will continue to buy it again and again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by makeupjulia1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had very high expectations when going to buy this product. I was actually pretty excited for about a week or two into using this treatment then BOOM!, bad breakouts started that definitely went away when I stopped using this.

This was very frustrating because it did exactly what I didn't want it to do! I guess I don't trust cleansing oils anymore at all

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by wildflowerveins

I really do love this cleanser. I have combination skin that gets slightly oily in my t-zone, but prone to dry spots around my nose and chin (especially in the winter). My skin does good with this product. I use it at night to remove my make-up and then follow up with my every day cleanser. I never wake up looking oily and it has never caused me to break out in the five+ years that I've been using it. It also works good on it's own in the winter months when my skin craves a little extra moisture.

I really don't notice any scent when using it. If anything, maybe just the olive oil. But it's very light and it washes off fine with warm water and a wash cloth. I also appreciate that a little goes a long way and one pump is the perfect amount for my whole face. Great product, I'll continue ordering this for as long as it's being made.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by Memoriesin

To start off, I have extremely acne prone sensitive super oily skin. I've decided to buy this cleansing oil because I've always suffered from cosmetic acne, and I hope to minimize it.
Upon reading some good and bad reviews, I decided to buy it today and tried it out. I think it cleanses away the make up pretty well and I hope I don't break out from it. I followed with a foaming cleanser after using the DHC cleansing oil to double cleanse, and I must say it let my skin clean. When I wipe and gently exfoliate my skin with a toner, there were alot of dead skins and little sebums coming out. I must say this cleansing oil had somehow gotten rid of those impurities from my congested pores.

From the official DHC chinese website, there was this QnA section where people ask questions on how to use it and the proper way to use it.
**DHC says that you are supposed to apply the oil with dry hands onto dry skin, massage it for 20-30 second, NOT MORE THAN 30 SECONDS. This is because if you massage it onto your skin for too long, it will cause stress on the skin and maybe break out. After the massage, you are supposed to rinse it off with warm or normal water until the water runs clear with no more milky residue.
After that, you must use a facial cleanser of your choice and cleanse your face the second time. DHC says that the cleansing oil only removes make up and you must follow up with a facial cleanser to cleanse your face to remove excess impurities.

I hope this help you guys in understanding how to use this product, and hopefully using it this way will help you discover the amazing results on this product.

I am currently using it with the given steps above and will update if there are any changes on my skin.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

I found this oil cleanser to just be ok. It was more effective than MAC's Cleanse Off, but left my skin feeling tight. Took me forever to use up, but will probably be trying another oil cleanser.

EDIT: my mom and I both prefer the cheaper, less drying, just as effective Kose Softimo.