Revlon Super Lustrous in Pink Pop

4.5

on 3/6/2011 11:50:00 AM

I have been on the search for the perfect pink lip gloss for a long time now. Since I'm a cheapo and refuse to spend money on a high end lip gloss, its a search within the drugstore. I've heard raving reviews here on MakeupAleyy so last time I was in my local Harris Teeter I saw it and grabbed it. The results I got from this product are waaaay different than I expected it. Pink Pop is a HOT pink. Very bright and in your face, color wise. You have to be careful what you pair this with cause it can make your face look crazy. The smooth texture of the gloss glides onto your lips effortlessly. It gives you the perfect juicy looking lip. The lasting power on this isn't phenomenal, but hey reapplication isn't a big deal. If you wanna go out of your comfort zone with a bright lip color, go for this! You will not regret it.

on 2/22/2011 3:07:00 PM

Totally all about this gloss right now. Great texture, staying power and color. It's a really pretty bright pink that can vary in intensity, and it just feels good on. Tons of d/s lipglosses feel icky. I was ready to return it because it looked "off" on my complexion, but I realized that it was clashing with my peachy blush. Switched to pink blush and it was holy matrimony. Looks great over lipstick, too...especially Nars Funny Face. Love this color as well as the Coral Reef shade. The other shades in this line are kind of highly "meh."

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

My favorite drugstore lipgloss by far. The color is beautiful, the staying power is great and it's not too sticky. The quality of the packaging is good considering the price, but I just personally prefer packaging that doesn't have a wand that pushes air, bacteria and lipstick back into the actual lipgloss. If Revlon repackaged this into a tube the rating would easily be 5 lippies!

on 2/16/2011 4:21:00 PM

Pros:
pretty color
good staying power
just sticky enough
cute packaging
Cons:
you have to get using this

on 1/29/2011 9:35:00 AM

I was in search of a pretty pink lip gloss that looked close to my own lip color; Pink Pop looked too loud and vibrant for that, but based on so many great reviews claiming that it doesn't apply as brightly as it looks in the tube, I couldn't resist.

What's best about this is that it can be layered. One light coating and it does just give a bit of a glow, just a hint of color. A couple more swipes and it's definitely more true to tube, which is a very bright pink leaning toward fuschia. I love that there's no shimmer, no glitter, no grit to this - it's just a smooth, creamy gloss.

on 1/25/2011 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

i love pink ,so i had to buy this one! Nice dense pink! Almost fuschia!another favorite color of mine! Got a couple of those!want more!love them!texture is smooth,glides easily,enought pigmentation,you can see throught the lip gloss the color of the lipstick!pair well with a deep pink! Baby pink,paparazzi pink, pink champagne. Goes well with lilac,pink,beige,gold eye shadows! Love it!

on 1/15/2011 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Pink pop is a super fun and feminine color. Depending on your skintone, it can either provide a nice pop of color or wash you out. So if you don't like cool toned, pinks, stay away. Revlon really hit it out of the park on this one. For about $6 at Target, the packaging in lovely and the color is really unique. Fairly long lasting for a lip gloss with an opaque, slightly gummy texture. I wish I could give this a 3.5.

on 1/14/2011 10:13:00 PM

Simply one of the best and very affordable - the color, the consistency, the conditioning effect. My favorite colors are "Nude Lustre", "Pink Afterglow", "Pink Wisper", and "Pearl Plum". But all colors are wearable!

on 1/14/2011 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

"really pretty hot bubble gum pink / wash of fuchsia" wrote a reviewer. great description. can be super bright, but you can apply just a little. lovely on my light skin tone. very drying, so wont buy again. cant drink with it on or or have to reapply, but thats lip gloss for you (although chanel makes one that lasts literally all day even after eating and drinking!)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love this lip gloss! It looks super bright but goes on sheer to give the perfect glow! Isn't sticky, smooth, and it moisturizes your lips! Love it and would repurchase!

Recommended for Medium Skin