July 22, 2014 | 1663 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - infallible never fail makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by DisneyDiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this because I was looking for a new long lasting foundation. I've used Revlon Color Stay in Buff for years. About two years ago it seemed that the consistency of the product got denser. I was not happy with the struggle to put it on over moisturized, primed skin. So, I went on the hunt and this is one in a long line of foundations I've tried. I found this formulation easy to apply, going on smoothly with a weightless feel. I liked the pump. I was happy with the matte coverage until I looked in the rearview mirror of my car driving home from work the first day. Every fine line on my face was accentuated. I have really good skin for my age (stopping tanning in my 20s) and I have never had a foundation do this to my face before. I would not recommend this. I will be throwing it out as I cannot return it. Looks like I'll have to look some more.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2011 6:39:00 AM More reviews by mica26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation, it truley lasts all day and gives fantastic coverage. I find it really easy to apply in a hurry and it always goes on even. I have oily skin and do get a shine on by midday, and like others have mentioned it does nothing to help and seems to make it worse. For me the pro's far outway the cons, and I don't know about you guys but in New Zealand L'Oreal is EVERYWHERE, easy!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Makeuppackrat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought this would be like colorstay with good packaging, you know a bottle with a pump, but infallible doesn't even compare to colorstay. Sure it never fails to run off but it fails in soo many other ways. It does not control oil, it settles into my pores, and turns orange.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by vshah

This makeup does everything it promises. It stays on for hours. The only problem is that it's not non-comodogenic or oil free. SO if you have oily acne prone skin don't do it! I learnt the hard way

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by apricotcloud

Ok so I too (like many people on here) have a love/hate relationship with this foundation.

Prior to using this, I used Revlon Colorstay (in Buff) but found it was too mask like and hated how tough it was to get off, felt like my skin couldn't breathe.

So I bought Infallible in 'Vanilla' which is a lovely creamy, pale colour with yellow undertones.

I've been very impressed with this foundation - it lasts ALL DAY, through work even through exercise/sweat and whilst swimming which is pretty impressive.

The only downside to it is that it does get a bit oily (I have mild oily skin) so I have to blot with a tissue a few times in the day BUT this is the only downside which compared with other foundations which can either cake/go a different colour or melt away, it's not that bad at all considering the price.

I'm still on my search for the perfect foundation - this definitely isn't it but it's very close so I'm happy sticking for now :]

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Soyabeanire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This foundation might make you appear more oily if you have an oily skin type. I bought a bottle because it claims to last long, and it actually worked for me. I sweat for hours at my job because I'm next to a hot oven, and this foundation stays on. So that's just awesome. Of course, because of sweat my face gets a bit shiny, but after dabbing a little powder it's all good. I really like that this foundation covers my skin really well and makes it look pretty much flawless and even. When I first put it on it looks a bit light and this doesn't dry right away, but after a few minutes it warms up and fits my skin tone and actually helps give my face "life". I also like that I don't have to use much to get nice coverage. Worth the price in my book.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2011 8:32:00 AM More reviews by roisinbelfast

Having got a tester of L'Oreal infallible I decided to wear this foundation for a few days and see what its like!
Comes out quite fluid - so I thought Id get plenty of movement with this foundation and be able to blend it quite evenly....how wrong I was! It dries SO SO quickly and is really hard to work with! I have dry skin - and made sure my skin was super duper moisturised before applying. It dried in patches and was so hard to try and work over my skin with my foundation brush, maybe I would have had more luck with a sponge - then again maybe not!
On a positive - its a reasonably priced product - but there are better ones out there for the same price or less!
My advice: Don't waste your money guys & gals!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by victoriassecrets

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This is just horrible. When you first apply it, it feels really nice but it sets super fast and hard making it impossible to blend, especially with concealer afterwards. This lasts nowhere near the 16 or 18 hrs it claims to. It oxidizes and is very patchy after a few hours. Don't waste your money like I did :(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by JennyBean13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Going back to school I needed a foundation that would last for the day as I don't like the idea of re-applying foundation in a dim, dirty school bathroom.
I got this for about 17 euro (which is a lot for a drugstore foundation) in the shade of Porcelain.
Literally one pump was all I needed for my entire face. It blends like a dream has has a dewy finish. Coverage is medium, which is great for me as I really only wear foundation when I break out.
It lasts me through the day, which consists of walking 20 minutes to school, up and down stairs all day, stuffy classrooms, and a 20 minute walk home. Not too shabby.
This is the only affordable foundation I have ever found that matches my incredibly pale skin tone. No more orange!

All in all, LOVE this. My new HG foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by AgentSometime

This stuff is crap for me! Oh, my lord. I was embarrassed by this. Foundations like this are the reason I don't like testing foundations for the first time in public.

Packaging: It's in a pump bottle. I like that. I hate glass bottles with the big opening. I either like squeeze tubes or pump bottles. Less mess, more control. That's a plus for this product.

Application: Easy to mess up at first. I didn't realize how thick and full coverage it would be, so I globbed a lot on. I also stalled a bit in blending, so it left a big chunk of this foundation on my cheek. This was my bad, be careful with that! You only need a tiny bit, and this is coming from someone with redness. SHAKE THE BOTTLE. Yes, I know to shake the bottle, so that wasn't why this foundation didn't work for me. After I figured out not to use much, application was fairly easy. I use the Real Techniques stippling brush for every foundation, because it's an amazing brush that always provides a flawless finish. This foundation did have a GREAT finish. Even with setting powder, it looked natural, even in the sunlight. I did use primer on half my face and no primer on the other side. Results were the same.

Lasting power: Oh. My. Gosh. What a disaster. 3 hours and I was a greasy mess. Not only was I a greaseball, the foundation faded dramatically. I didn't even look like I had foundation on, save for my pores not being noticeable. My face looked as red as it does with no makeup on. When I washed my face, hardly any foundation rinsed out into the sink water. It's like it vanished into thin air. With my Estee Lauder Double Wear Light, it does get shiny throughout the day, but it doesn't fade at all. I still have the coverage, I just look shiny in my t-zone. Easy enough to fix with blotting sheets and MAC Blot Powder. Something like this is unfixable, though. When I looked in the mirror, I was like, "Did I look like this all day?" Mortified.

And to those saying, "Oh, you just didn't apply it right! You have to do this, this, this, and that!" Uhm, no. 16 bucks is pricier than a lot of other drug store foundations that aren't nearly as disastrous as this one. I shouldn't have to have a million super secret techniques to get a foundation to work. I have a good moisturizer, primer, and setting powder. If a foundation can't work with that and giving the bottle a shake, it just doesn't work. Time to check out another one.