July 28, 2014 | 2008 users online

Blush - L'Oreal - True Match super-blendable blush

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2007 10:49:00 PM More reviews by obzessd

The best thing about this blush is their colors. I have all the 1-2 shades: Baby Blossom (pink; cool skin), Precious Peach (light peach; neutral skin), and Bare Honey (?) (tan-nish color; warm skin). They all look really cool in the package and match my skin as well, and pigmentation is decent. But I find the actual product to be chalky/powdery and too matte. As a result, I don't really use these in the summer when I'm going for a glowy look. Kind of expensive too. I won't buy anymore (despite their tempting colors).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2007 11:38:00 PM More reviews by fetishdolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Since I am getting older [almost 28 haha], I am trying to steer away from the "really shiny", or "glittery" blushes. They just tend to make my skin oily looking and magnify my pores, so I am trying my hand with more matte blushes. These are a surprising great find in the department store. They do look like they have shimmer in some of the blushes, but they're not at all upon application. They're pigmented but sheer, if that makes any sense. The color is buildable, so the colors are really great to work with. I have two of these so far, and I plan on getting more.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2007 8:30:00 PM More reviews by abubbagum

I have no idea what these people are raving about. at least the color I got innocent flush has very little pigment to it, it is NOT finely milled, and is very shimmery. Im pretty pale too, so its not that my skin tone overwhelmed the color. Back to the shimmer: Its great if you dont plan on being outside in the daylight, but if you do, you will look ridiculous.
I paid about 6 bucks for this at target and you might as well pay 6 more and go for mac which has a bit more pigment in it. With this stuff you really have to have a heavy hand to even have it show up and by then you have way too much powder on you. Ive tried more department store brands, such as clinique (average), mac (ok/good), bobbi brown (good) and its worth the money to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2007 8:43:00 PM More reviews by kfradella

love this blush, looks very natural and does not come out alot when you put it on some get all flakey when you apply it. The package is great it has a brush under the compact no looking all around for it. A bit pricey but last awhile and it a great product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2007 8:37:00 PM More reviews by juanitaaloha

L'Oreal products are sooooo overpriced..... Plus, they almost never have samples to try out, and even if they do, it's like in one shade that would never match my skin anayway. That being said, this blush ain't that bad. I got the w3-4 & w5-6, but have mostly used the w3-4. It comes with a large mirror, and the cutest angled brush, which allows for perfect application! It can be applied super sheer, or layered on for more intense color, and has very little frost, unlike many powder blushes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2007 2:57:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Blush is one of the hardest things to buy, next to foundation being the first.
I noticed that some of these shades are ruddy and too dark...If you know that normally your skin looks great with a true peach or pink shade, buy that one anyway. Even if it doesn't match up with the W,N, or C shade of your choice.
The safest way to go is a shade that says rose, usually a neutral for any skintone.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2007 3:32:00 AM More reviews by jaykayen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very pigmented, a light hand is necessary. You get a lot in one pan (.21 oz) so I don't see myself hitting bottom within this decade. The color W3-4 is pretty, absolutely not something I would ever have picked on my own. A little brownish, I think it would look better when I'm more tan, but I think I prefer a little more pink.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2007 3:48:00 PM More reviews by smarteepants712

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't have the exact color I purchased, but it was the peach shade. It is fabulous. I heard brunettes should wear peach in the winter to avoid looking pale and this does the trick. Gives me a warm look without putting too much color on and glides beautifully over my makeup. As with the True Match line, the mirror and brush open from underneath the compact and I didn't figure it out for awhile, but I don't like to brushes that come with blush anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2007 3:43:00 PM More reviews by ballinbebe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

I purchased C5-6, and it's a very natural flushed look for my darker skin (before I was using Chanel and Cover Girl which looked too "pink"). I really don't like the two-sided packaging but the brush applicator is pretty decent for its size. All in all i'd purchase it again because it's affordable and blends nicely.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2006 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Lucyshnoosy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am very cool toned, and I selected C3-4, Tender Rose. *This* is cool? It's basically a brown rose. (It was hard to tell in the store lighting, so I really couldn't tell untill I had bought it and unwrapped it.) It would have been much more appropriate to market this as a neutral tone. Interestingly, I picked up one of the neutral blushes on the display to see the color, and there was nothing neutral about it: it was warm.

So for cool-toned ladies, this blush is not very useful. I want a true rose or pink blush without brown tones. This just makes me look drab.

Edited to add: I see that a reviewer below (geminiatwain) bought this color and said "The shade is difficult to describe, a neutral type of colour, not pink, not peach, somewhere in the middle. " Yup! I also read more reviews and noted that a number of people called the lightest "cool" blush a warm pink, or a peachy pink, and one said that she wouldn't purchase again until they added more pinks. Ditto! continued >>