September 17, 2014 | 1735 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - Vanilla Birthday Cake 3-in-1

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by angelixia07

I tried this in all three ways and find that using it as a shower gel worked the best. It's really creamy and moisturizing and feels like it cleaned well but left it feeling more moisturized and not tight and dry. Using it with a bath sponge actually makes a lot of bubbles. As a bubble bath, it didn't make much bubbles and I had to put in a lot of product. As a shampoo, I also find the need to use more than usual and it didn't clean too well but didn't strip the hair either. My hair got greasy the next day whereas w/ my regular shampoo I can go a day w/o washing my hair again. Its not good as a multi-purpose product and I wouldn't even buy it again for a shower gel.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Sparkylarky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

You will like this if you like light frangrances in a body wash. I recieved this as a free bday gift from sephora as a beauty insider. I was impressed with the 6 oz size for free. I'm on the fence on this one. While many are critical of this product I actually kind of like it. Sure it's not as heavily fragranted as the other 3 in 1's but the smell is a pleasant light vanilla with a hint of my little pony. I guess I like it beacause it brings me back to childhood. As a 3 in 1 I tried it all three ways. As a bubblebath it didn't create very many bubbles but did leave the bathwater lightly scented with vanilla. As a shampoo it worked fine, nothing special but didn't leave any residue. And as a body wash I feel it worked best, It has this very creamy indescribable texture that I'm fond of and pleasantly cleansed my skin leaving a faint vanilla scent. All in all an average product, but there are probably better Philosophy 3 in 1's you can buy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by 7954

I got this as a free gift for my bdayyyy (yay!) I'd never tried anything from philosophy, but I always hear people raving about it so I was excited. It was a really good size, but to be honest this would never convince me to try anything from philosophy. what little scent it has is anything but vanilla cake.. smells like plastic dolls. I really hope the other philosophy products are better than this, or else everyone hyping this brand is wasting a lotttt of moneyyyy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this was a free birthday gift from sephora. i really like it. it's the perfect little size. i wish philosophy sold this in smaller sizes. it's a nice smell...not too sweet.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by moosue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was a free gift from Sephora.
The consistency was very nice, which makes me think I will purchase more Philosophy gels in future, but it won't be this scent (if you can call it a scent). There is very little scent here.
In the bottle, you get a vaguely plastic chemical scent. Once you're using it, there is what seems to be a cheap, plasticky vanilla type scent, but its not pleasant.
This works nicely to shave with, and the lather is very nice and creamy. Don't waste your money on this particular scent though. Glad it was a free gift.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 11:07:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wouldn't buy this exact product because I got it for free and vanilla scents are too generic for me to waste money on. That being said, I got this as a birthday present from Sephora, and I love it!! I love Philosophy's 3 in 1s, but they are so expensive so I don't actually own any! I think the Cinnamon Bun scent has to be my favorite, it's making my mouth water just thinking about it now. This is a very creamy body wash and bubble bath and smells just like Vanilla cake mix, I would not use this on my hair though, I'm sure it would dry it out. Overall very lovely!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 9:22:00 AM More reviews by funnygirl131

I like this because it softens my skin and i don't always need to use a moisturizer after wards if I am lazy ,BUT there isn't much of a bday cake smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2011 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Allee2012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this from Sephora as a birthday gift in January and have been using it ever since. I first used it as a body wash, it did an okay job, but I now use it as a shampoo. One of the many uses for this product. It doesn't leave a scent in my hair, but leaves it really soft and smooth. The packaging of this is alright. The bottles given out as free birthday presents are not the same as the original bottles, but they work just the same. Black cap and pops open, but the plastic bottles isn't as thick. Anyway, I might repurchase this again when I decide if I like this more than Godiva by LUSH.

EDIT: Though I love the smell of it, I have stopped using it everyday because it has dried my hair a little. I will just be using this from time to time.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2011 7:32:00 AM More reviews by MedusasSnakePit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got one from Sephora as a birthday gift too, but it does stink, and nothing reminiscent of vanilla or cake. Just synthetic-y, cheap stuff. Gross

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2011 2:59:00 AM More reviews by tairourou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

How disappointing. :( This product lathers well and works nice as a shower gel, but it does not smell like vanilla birthday cake to me. I catch a little whiff of butterscotch, but it barely has any scent to it at all. You practically have to press your nose against the top of the bottle to smell it. At least it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin or dry it out. So texture-wise it's good; it's just the scent that's a let down. Next time I will try Cinnamon Buns, which smells much more delicious and noticeable than this.