Philosophy Vanilla Birthday Cake 3-in-1

2.9

water (aqua), tea-lauryl sulfate, ppg-2 hydroxyethyl cocamide, cocamidopropyl betaine, glycol stearate, glycerin, sodium chloride, disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, fragrance (parfum), peg-150 distearate, tocopheryl acetate, polyquaternium-7, glyceryl acrylate/acrylic acid copolymer, propylene glycol, sodium benzotriazolyl butylphenol sulfonate, buteth-3, tributyl citrate, citric acid, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, yellow 5 (ci 19140), red 40 (ci 16035).

on 5/7/2011 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

I got this for my birthday from sephora. It smells pleasant, my husband doesn't like strong scents and he liked it. The scent isn't long lasting so it doesn't compete with perfume. It lathers nicely. is it better than significantly cheaper liquid bath soaps? No, and since I would never use this on my very curly hair and don't take baths (meaning I prefer showers, not that I don't bathe!), I'll stick with cheaper soaps and save this kind of product for a special treat if somebody else buys it for me.

on 5/5/2011 2:52:00 PM

I received this as a free gift for my birthday from Sephora. I really like it. In fact, I purchased it after my free one was gone. It is so creamy and makes my skin soft and smooth. It also rinses clean. I have tried other liquid body cleansers and never liked them but this I love. It is not a strong smell which I also like. I do not want it to compete with my perfume. I do not use this as shampoo nor bubble bath, however it is a great product for my skin.

on 4/25/2011 4:52:00 AM

I too received this item as a birthday gift from Sephora. Personally I'm a vanilla scent fan, but this really has a barely there scent of vanilla. It does lather easily and doesn't dry out my skin, but it's not an item I would purchase due to the lack of a stronger scent.

on 4/9/2011 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this in all three ways and find that using it as a shower gel worked the best. It's really creamy and moisturizing and feels like it cleaned well but left it feeling more moisturized and not tight and dry. Using it with a bath sponge actually makes a lot of bubbles. As a bubble bath, it didn't make much bubbles and I had to put in a lot of product. As a shampoo, I also find the need to use more than usual and it didn't clean too well but didn't strip the hair either. My hair got greasy the next day whereas w/ my regular shampoo I can go a day w/o washing my hair again. Its not good as a multi-purpose product and I wouldn't even buy it again for a shower gel.

on 4/8/2011 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

You will like this if you like light frangrances in a body wash. I recieved this as a free bday gift from sephora as a beauty insider. I was impressed with the 6 oz size for free. I'm on the fence on this one. While many are critical of this product I actually kind of like it. Sure it's not as heavily fragranted as the other 3 in 1's but the smell is a pleasant light vanilla with a hint of my little pony. I guess I like it beacause it brings me back to childhood. As a 3 in 1 I tried it all three ways. As a bubblebath it didn't create very many bubbles but did leave the bathwater lightly scented with vanilla. As a shampoo it worked fine, nothing special but didn't leave any residue. And as a body wash I feel it worked best, It has this very creamy indescribable texture that I'm fond of and pleasantly cleansed my skin leaving a faint vanilla scent. All in all an average product, but there are probably better Philosophy 3 in 1's you can buy.

on 3/28/2011 3:56:00 PM

I got this as a free gift for my bdayyyy (yay!) I'd never tried anything from philosophy, but I always hear people raving about it so I was excited. It was a really good size, but to be honest this would never convince me to try anything from philosophy. what little scent it has is anything but vanilla cake.. smells like plastic dolls. I really hope the other philosophy products are better than this, or else everyone hyping this brand is wasting a lotttt of moneyyyy

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

this was a free birthday gift from sephora. i really like it. it's the perfect little size. i wish philosophy sold this in smaller sizes. it's a nice smell...not too sweet.

on 3/8/2011 9:04:00 PM

This was a free gift from Sephora.
The consistency was very nice, which makes me think I will purchase more Philosophy gels in future, but it won't be this scent (if you can call it a scent). There is very little scent here.
In the bottle, you get a vaguely plastic chemical scent. Once you're using it, there is what seems to be a cheap, plasticky vanilla type scent, but its not pleasant.
This works nicely to shave with, and the lather is very nice and creamy. Don't waste your money on this particular scent though. Glad it was a free gift.

on 2/23/2011 11:07:00 AM

I wouldn't buy this exact product because I got it for free and vanilla scents are too generic for me to waste money on. That being said, I got this as a birthday present from Sephora, and I love it!! I love Philosophy's 3 in 1s, but they are so expensive so I don't actually own any! I think the Cinnamon Bun scent has to be my favorite, it's making my mouth water just thinking about it now. This is a very creamy body wash and bubble bath and smells just like Vanilla cake mix, I would not use this on my hair though, I'm sure it would dry it out. Overall very lovely!

on 2/16/2011 9:22:00 AM

I like this because it softens my skin and i don't always need to use a moisturizer after wards if I am lazy ,BUT there isn't much of a bday cake smell.