August 29, 2014 | 1254 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2013 4:17:00 AM More reviews by MirabaiMatteini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have never in my life had skin problems or breakouts, so when last week I bought Smashbox photo finish primer and tried it, I was horrified to have an acne-type reaction that is itchy and swollen in the places I applied the primer. I thought I might read further reviews on the product and I wish I'd done so before I spent a lot of money on something that creates havoc with skin - it's not a breakout hazard for everyone, of course, but it seems an all too-common occurrence. Not happy. Not happy with the expensive product producing this kind of reaction and not happy with the money I now have to pay to fix my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by noemielizabethh

I've enjoyed using this product. I have a sample of it. This product works well with me because I have dry skin and it goes on very smooth and leaves my foundation with a nice, poreless finish. I'm not too crazy about it since I never use primer because I don't have the problem of my face makeup not staying on. I would never buy it because I find it ridiculous to pay around $40 for a face primer. I've enjoyed using the sample. I will say that it does look very smooth on my dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by lovelyyww

I used a lot of primers and personally this is my favorite it keeps my makeup on all day. love love love

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by leeld

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample and was eager to try because of all the great reviews. It started out good and made my skin soft. Pores were diminished. Makeup went on fine. But by the afternoon, everything changed. It seemed to make my skin drag down. Pores and wrinkles seemed larger. I couldn't believe it. Tried again the next day and the same thing happened. Glad this was a sample, I would not buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by DefunktPistol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer in an Ipsy Glam Bag. I have never been impressed with any primer except this one. After I moisturizer my face, I apply a tiny bit of this to my cheeks and nose ( a little bit goes a long way). It fills in all of the pores on my face and leaves it looking so smooth, fresh, and youthful. My only complaint is that overtime my skin has an annoying itchy feeling, but I do have very sensitive skin.This product is a bit pricey if you are on a budget. I will repurchase for weddings or other special occasions. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by jehill6612

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I will never use this again. My face has NEVER broken out so bad as it did when I used this. I only used this twice and I am still trying to get my skin to clear up over a week later!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had a sample of this. I was actually amazed at how smooth it made my skin look, even before I put on foundation. I used this under powder mineral makeup and I was very happy with how it applied over the primer. It didn't really do anything for oil though. It's also crazy expensive. I'm not sure if I want to commit and buy a full sized product since it's about $40 when you include tax.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by wonderlandecho

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this thinking it would help my oils since it said oil free, but I later learned that the photo finish light works best for oil, they should really work on labelling the products better. This helps prolong my makeup but my skin starts feeling oily after a few hours. And this was not a cheap product. It clst me about $40 dollars for 1fl.oz. Once I run out of this I plan on buying the light one. This primer does feel really nice when you rub in and makes your makeup blend really nicely. I recommend for people with normal to slightly dry skin. If you have really dry skin you should buy the hydrating one. This doesn't break me out either.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by alldaygirl

HEAT/SWEAT WARNING- I have used this for a few months & I loved loved loved it! I prefer the squeeze bottle to the pump, but that's a bit nitpicky.

This review is for anyone who may wear this in the summer in the heat or is a regular sweater. (I've uploaded a pic so make sure you check it out.) I just left the doctor's office after having to go in for an emergency appointment. Last week I had a large knot appear on my chin. It didn't hurt (at first) it was just kinda swollen. Within the next 3 days 2 more appeared & then the swelling spread to the entire side of my face & down my neck & started to hurt like nobody's business. I planned on going to see my GP the next morning thinking it was a swollen lymph node. During the night the first lump ruptured & horrible green infection & pus was all over my pillow. I ran to my doctor's office & found out that I had several infected sweat glands. The silicone wasn't allowing my pores to breath or expel the sweat. It was getting trapped under the skin & then blocked the sweat glands. It has to be treated with sulfa antibiotics & a prescription topical antibiotic. The skin had stretched so much that it's now peeling like a sunburn. My doctor recommends that I go see a dermatologist because this is probably going to leave a large scar tissue mass & a hole in my chin. Yikes!! So don't sweat in this on a regular basis.

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by nikki8811

I got a sample size and I was so excited to try this. So it felt nice and silky going on but my makeup looked no different from the days I dont use a primer. soooo not worth 40$ I wouldnt even pay 5$