Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

3.2

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract

on 5/30/2014 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was so excited to try this stuff after i bought it when i read all the amazing reviews on it. at first it felt amazinggggg, just glided onto my skin but the next day my face had completely broken out and it was the worst break out i had ever had in my life! i tried this a year ago and my skin is still recovering from 2 uses (second time was because i didnt want to believe it broke me out). so definitely will never be purchasing again or recommending to anyone! worst experience i've had with makeup!

on 5/24/2014 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This makes a lot of my foundations go on smoother and more flawless but it breaks me out allllllll the time! so i'm better off looking for a better primer

on 5/9/2014 1:28:00 AM

I love love LOVE this primer! I have tried many primers even ones that are less expensive and comparable to this primer and none of them come close! It leaves my skin smooth and minimizes all of my pores. The finish with my foundation is FLAWLESS! If your thinking about buying this primer DO IT! you won't regret it!

on 5/8/2014 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I really like this primer more than other primers I've bought and sampled. For me, I use a primer to: +Help my makeup go on smoother, +Look better(makeup/end result),+trying to cover up as many pores and imperfections as I can before I put foundation. Longevity is nice, but I already wear full coverage-long lasting foundation(MAC, Shiseido, Estee Lauder Double Wear) so to extend the longevity beyond 15+hours is unnecessary unless I were traveling or at a hot concert, something extreme, etc. I do not think my makeup lasts longer but again, that's not an issue I am concerned about.

This primer does everything I want it to do:+Makeup goes on smoother(SO smooth!), +Skin looks better/more flawless result, and +Pores covered up. One perk which I am relived by this primer is that It is +CLEAR! I have Shiseidos primer which is wonderful....except its pink-white tint, the reason I won't use it anymore. Many primers(ea:Benefit) have a strong pink-white tint that is supposed to go away by rubbing it in, but some dont! Does not flatter me at all, I have yellow-tan skin and it looks horrible on me! So THANK YOU Smashbox for making this primer universal.

I like the fact this is silicone based. I have tried other primers without silicone and they just sink into my skin like a moisturizer, disappear, and do not help with my skin or makeup so...whats the point? I have normal-dry skin and Ive never had an issue with this primer making my skin look worse or drier. I can imagine ladies with combination-oily skin might have a problem. I have Never broken out from this. Comes in a convenient travel-friendly squeeze tube.

What I dont like: The price. This is not cheap and being in Switzerland, the most expensive country in the world, Its a pain. I mentioned it DOES cover pores, but I wish it covered them more thoroughly. I will have to buy a specific spot/pore treatment primer for that I guess.Besides that, this is one of the best primers I have ever used.

on 5/4/2014 10:54:00 AM

I found a sample size of this in my makeup stash recently and decided to give it a go. I don't usually use primer but as the weather's getting warmer my face is a lot oiler. Anyway, I'm not sure what all the hype is about tbh. It doesn't make my makeup last longer, it doesn't cover pores/fine lines and it's a tad greasy. A lot of people rave about this product, and if it works for them and they can justify spending so much money on it - great. But it's not for me.

on 5/1/2014 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a waste of money. I don't know how people rave about it, it did not make my foundation beautiful nor last longer. I do not recommend.

on 4/22/2014 12:16:00 AM

Everytime I use this I break out horribly. I also read someone's review on here that this balls up when they put their makeup powder on, it happened to me as well with foundation. I use Tarte's Amazonian Clay Foundation and it flakes off and balls up and just doesn't seem to click with that foundation. I've tried using a lot of product and a little and both times I didn't notice a difference. Makeup still settled into my pores/lines,still got oily; didn't do what it claims. Sadly, this didn't work out for me as hard as I tried to like it and make it work for me. Will be returning soon.

on 4/13/2014 6:35:00 PM

It does the job, but its just ok. I found it did make my make up last longer, but not that much, and i found that i needed to use a lot of it which i wasn't a fan of.

It is good and i see why a lot of people like it, it just wasn't right for me, but who knows it could work for you. :)

on 4/12/2014 6:03:00 PM

I tried this as a sample before I committed. A lot of people I talk to don't like this primer because of the texture, so it would be wise to try it before buying. It feels silky to me. As far as its quality, I've noticed a huge difference in the way my make up looks. I definitely have a more flawless finish when I use the primer and set with powder. It also makes my make up stay on a lot longer.

I really do love this primer! I heard about it through missglamorazzi who swears by it. I got it in the smashbox try it kit as a mini size. It is quite a small size but I hardly needed any product at all so it lasted me quite a long time. After I finished that off I immediately went and bought the full sizeable first I used to think that it was a ridiculous price for a face primer, but once i figured out how long it lasts I realized that for how much you get it's a reasonable price. I love this primer because it really does keep my face makeup on all day long. My makeup used to be gone by the end of the day all of the time until I got this primer. Now I never have to worry about having to make trips to the bathroom for touch ups!