MAC Brush Cleanser

4.4

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), SD Alcohol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Isopropyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Triclosan, Red 33, Blue 1.

on 5/27/2011 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

That's an effective brush cleanser for spot cleaning.
I dilute it with water 3:1, use a spray bottle to put it in, spray a tissue cloth and swipe my brushes until they look clean. This way it's still effective and much less product is needed. I repeat almost every time i do my make up, so i don't worry for bacteria since i'm acne-prone and hygiene is very important for me to keep my face in good condition.
Of course i have to deep clean every now and then with shampoo - especialy foundation brushes who tend to absorb foundation and powder/ blush brushes that i think are too tufted to be considered clean after using this alone.
Overall i think the cleanser helps and will repurchase many times.

on 5/27/2011 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use it to spot-clean my brushes. Just put some of it on a tissue and wipe your brushes back and forth. Repeat if needed. Great stuff but why don't they put it in a spray bottle???

on 5/27/2011 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

currently have 2 bottles (went out of the country, and was stuck without it)
I dilute this down to about 1/3-1/4 with water and keep it in a spray bottle for spot-cleaning. Same concentration in warm water works really well for deep cleaning as well. I wouldn't use this full-strength simply because I don't need to! Great stuff.
One downside - the bottle cap (on both of mine) is a bit leaky... but as long as you're not travelling with it, it should be fine!

on 5/14/2011 12:10:00 AM

This is the only thing I wash my brushes with. I've used baby shampoo and other methods and other brands but I always end back with MAC's brush cleanser. I hate the bottle though but I don't care for it because I'll transfer all the cleanser into an empty Fix+ bottle. If you don't have a bottle like that just put it into a spray bottle. It makes a HUGE difference lolz. You use less and it's easier to spot clean! I have nothing bad to say about this and if I wasn't on my 5+ bottle of this...I wouldn't hate it.

on 5/4/2011 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Love this guy! It makes cleaning my eye brushes a breeze when I'm in a hurry :) The fact that this doesn't have a pump doesn't bother me too much.

on 5/3/2011 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This works really well at cleaning my brushes, so much quicker and easier than deep cleaning with baby shampoo.

The price is great for the large bottle (235ml) .

The only thing i would recommend is buying ither a pump to fit the bottle or just a spray bottle because you use alot less product!

on 5/3/2011 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'm almost done with my first bottle that I purchased over a year ago. I haven't used any other brush cleanser so I have nothing to compare this to but this is pretty good. I agree with other reviewers that it should be a spray or pump instead of the cap that comes with it, but it's not something that bothers me a huge amount. This cleanser is especially great with my eye makeup brushes. However for some of my face brushes it takes awhile for them to get clean so I don't think this is great for deep cleaning. A little expensive in my opinion but would purchase again.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is WAY better than the BE brush cleaner! For $12 a bottle, you can't beat it. Removes all the makeup, my brushes look new again!?! insane.

on 4/13/2011 11:18:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I LOVE THIS! Weirdly I think this is one of my favourite MAC products.....
It gets all the colour/makeup off the brush and it's not harsh; I've had a few brush cleaners that destroyed the bristles etc.
I will definitely buy this again when I run out!

on 4/13/2011 2:55:00 AM

I absolutely love this brush cleaner ive been using it for years. I use it to spot clean my brushes in between washes. i love the fact that it cleans and even takes out stains in my white brushes... I have no problem with the packaging the price well its worth it so i cant really compalin but if were cheaper it would be great! But still the price hasnt stop me from buying this over and over again :)

Popular Misc Beauty Tools