Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue

3.7

on 5/5/2013 3:39:00 PM

One of my favorite scents! I wear it almost everyday because it is such a light and wearable scent. The scent smells crisp and citrus-like and it lasts throughout the day. I wear about 2 squirts when applying and it is just enough, not overbearing at all!

on 5/5/2013 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The best perfume reaction I ever got in public was while wearing Light Blue -- just a few weeks ago, at Books A Million. I walked to the register, and 3 sales associates were standing there, and all started raving, "Ohhh, you smell SO GOOD! What are you wearing?". When I told them, they all had heard of the scent and nodded -- the guy said that Light Blue for Men was also so good he couldn't even describe it (he rolled his eyes at the mere thought of it).

I think Light Blue must be the #1 favorite in the area I live. Every time I ask a fragrance sales associate, "What are your best-sellers?", they always mention D&G Light Blue FIRST (and then J'adore, Coco Mlle, Angel, the Gucci Guiltys, and Chanel #5 usually get mentioned also). I'm referring to sales associates in the designer fragrance depts of Belk, Dillard, and Macy's (excluding the Estee Lauder & Lancome counters, which are separate).

Light Blue is a definite crowd-pleaser -- people love it. If you want the public at large to think you smell awesome, I suggest wearing Light Blue.

For me, it works best on the hottest days of summer -- smells to me like apple-lemonade in a tinkling glass full of ice cubes -- crisp, sweet, cooling, and refreshing. I wear it in 80's-90's weather, but generally speaking, I much prefer orientals, gourmands, and soft musks or musky florals to anything fruity.

on 5/4/2013 2:34:00 PM

It was not apropiate for my skin, i like the scent very much but it doesnt last on my skin..so im not very happy with it

A classic, wearable scent. Like a sexy man mixed with fresh citrus. Very common though, so I have never bought the full size because I do not want to wear the same scent as everyone else. I heard this scent is going to change a little due to new fragrance ingredient regulations, so stock up if this scent is your signature!

on 4/17/2013 7:29:00 PM

Favorite Fragrance! Always get compliments!

on 4/16/2013 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

light & fresh - perfect for spring/summer

on 4/10/2013 1:39:00 AM

I personally like this perfume and its refreshing scent. But I'm no longer using it since everyone seems to have one. I don't want to smell just like everybody else.

on 4/2/2013 9:02:00 PM

This is the most overworn scent ever and it smells like prostitutes.

on 3/23/2013 3:33:00 PM

I'll be honest: I love this perfume. If I had it my way, it'd be my signature scent. The only thing keeping me from wearing it every day is the fact that it's probably the most over-worn perfume I can think of. Everyone seems to have it. Everyone seems to have a strong opinion on it. So much easier just to spray on something else.

What I don't think people realize is that body chemistry matters when choosing a perfume.In most cases, the way it smells on skin is completely different from the way it smells in the bottle. Because Light Blue is admittedly pretty great-smelling on a perfume strip and doesn't seem too heavy, I think a lot of people feel comfortable buying it without trying it out first. No. Don't do that. There's potential for disaster.

The thing with Light Blue is that it contains both fresh and sweet notes, and which one is more noticeable can't be predicted until you try it out. If the 'fresh' note is over-emphasized, you'll end up smelling like detergent or air freshener. If your body chemistry makes the sweet note stand out too much, you'll get that cloying scent that other people complain about in the comments. In my experience, people compliment me on my perfume, ask me what I'm wearing, and then don't believe that it's Light Blue. Seriously, that's how much the scent varies from person to person- it can be unrecognizable.

On me, Light Blue starts out smelling fresh, and in an hour mellows out to light, 'water-based' sweetness. It's nice and subtle and refreshing. The staying power is average to longer-than-average, and the scent doesn't evolve to something completely different at the end of the day.

Bottom line: As with every perfume, this isn't for everyone. Just because it's nice in the bottle doesn't mean that it will complement someone's unique body chemistry. If, however, it works for you, it's a great, uplifting and summery perfume.

on 2/26/2013 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I think this scent is lovely - balmy, lemony citrus with fresh green accords and some white floral thrown in for good measure. It totally conjures up thoughts of the coastal Italy, the beach, summer, etc for me. When I use this, I think of a perfect romantic vacation. :)

However, it has NO staying power whatsoever and that drives me crazy!

I have several other scents I like a lot better, and they stay on longer, so I wouldn't repurchase.

Popular Fragrances