October 25, 2014 | 1814 users online

Fragrances - Dolce & Gabbana - Light Blue

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by bellatrixstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I enjoyed this perfume because it was light and breezy. It is the type of perfume that can be worn by an 18 year old or a woman in her 60's. It is elegant, pretty, and refreshing. When I first sprayed myself it smelled just like Lemon Fresh cleaning spray. A few minutes later is had more of a cedar, and aquatic smell. It smells similar to Cool Water and Acqua di Gioia. I almost bought Gioia, but it had mint in it and it just made the perfume smell strange to me. I think Light Blue is better for my body chemistry (I have oilly skin). It has a universal appeal because it is not too power, or too sweet, or too musky. It can seem like a boring scent, but it is simple and natural. I believe a lady should use different scents. This is perfect for casual/day/spring/summer. I tend to own two or three perfumes at a time, and I also use body splash from time to time. Therefore I have a lot of choices. I would not wear this at night time at a bar or romantic occassional, but I'll be honest, this perfume may seem simple for a woman but for whatever reason men seem to really like it. I think it is because it is pleasant without being too "loud". I noticed that people were saying that it does not last long. It does last about 3-4 hours, and then you need a mid-day spritz or a splash before going out for dinner. People who have dry skin tend to experience "disappearing" perfume. A woman should layer her scent. You don't even need a matching lotion to pair it with. If you moisturize your skin, especially in the places where you spray perfume, the oils in the perfume will stick on to your skin longer. I have used St. Ives lotion all over my body, and even the unscented lotion helps hold my perfume longer. This perfume is good for the summer because the summer heat makes the perfume "bloom" nicely. Therefore if you wear this in the winter there is not enough heat or moisture in the air to really give this perfume any justice. It is best worn casually in the day-time at a work environment, school, or church. It can be worn at night but it's better to wear this at night during the summer. This perfume could evaporate quickly in the cooler months of the year. The reason I say all of this is because I have been wearing expensive perfume since I was about 14. I would get a bottle from the department store once a year. It was usually for my b-day or x-mas. I learned how to apply perfume properly, and how to differentiate the notes in the mixture. This is a very simple chic type of perfume. It can be expensive so I suggest ordering it online or looking at discount stores like Marshalls or T.J. Maxx. The department stores might have good gift sets/values coming out for V-day so check out the nearest Carson's or Macy's.

This website might be a good reference as to how to apply perfume, and make it last longer.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 6:47:00 AM More reviews by aeriekah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This scent quickly grew on me as I kept smelling it off a test strip. A light musky citrus scent. I only do spray this once because its quite strong for me. Also because of one spritz I dont think its lasts long. Overall Im not mad in love with this fragrance but do like it. My boyfriend on the other hand LOVES it! I used to wear Ralph by Ralph Lauren and he always jokes that it smelled like an old woman, really?!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by elkelangley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adore this perfume. It smells amazing. Smells like Italy in a bottle to me! Smells soooo good. It reminds me of a hot summer on the beach, drinking a nice cocktail and just relaxing..
I personally think the perfume is pricey, but it is worth the price though. And I don't mind to spend the amount of money on this perfume, I'd buy it even if it would cost 500 dollars lol. That's how much I love it!
The packaging is nice, I love the bottle, although I find it a little hard to hold in my hands sometimes, but that's maybe because I have small hands...? :P
Overall, one of my all time favorite perfumes. I'll always continue to buy this perfume. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 9:21:00 AM More reviews by TeHNyboR

Such a gorgeous scent! I'm usually into more floral and fruity smells, but this stuff won me over at first whiff. It smells very soapy and clean, and it's an extremely light fragrance that doesn't leave people gagging as you walk by. My only gripe is that it wears off after a few hours, but I still love it! Definitely buying again once my bottle runs out!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by BrendaLM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite scents, love it!! One of the two perfumes I have repurchased and will continue to do so. It is a little pricey but totally worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by lawgirl07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I may be biased about this scent, since my boss bought a bottle for everyone at work and weirdly enough, it's what his wife wears. And despite the lovely gesture, it did feel a tad strange to be swanning about work smelling like my employer's wife.
That said, it actually is a bit too strong for me. For some reason, it reminds me of water. It's undoubtedly 'fresh' but for me, it's fresh in the same way that toilet air fresheners are fresh... they're a bit sterile.
I don't really know when I'd wear it as it's got the strength for night use yet the scent for day wear...
Overall, I'm guessing that it may just be me since it was rated very well by other users.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by amandawongjoyee

HUGE HUGE fan of this perfume! It smells soooo amazing! Really light and fresh scent and a great day time perfume. The downside of this is that the great scent does not last too long especially in my country which is 365 days of summer. It would be great indoor but not outdoor! Like to wear this perfume for school as it is light and would not give me a headache! Thumbs up for this perfume! Repurchase? Defiantly YES!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by captaincdiddy

I have been wearing this perfume for almost 5 years. It is my favorite perfume ever. I am experienced with perfumes and have bought many different types but come back to this one time and time again. It is young and fresh but not immature. It smells beautiful and I believe the name "Light Blue" is not fitting for how great it smells.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 6:47:00 AM More reviews by delectante

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is, hands down, my favorite perfume! I smelled it for the very first time on a classmate of mine during a linguistics class in college about two and a half years ago. Yes, I am late to the Light Blue party. Oh well. Each day, there was this lovely, refreshing lemon scent that made the New Haven winter seem less harsh, the air less cold, the sun shine warmer, the snow glitter livelier. I looked forward to going to class because of this wonderful fragrance that wafted from the girl to my right. Toward the end of the semester, I just had to ask what she was wearing. Light Blue by Dolce&Gabbana! Light Blue? Why is it called that? She explained it was because of the light blue velvety box in which the perfume was packaged (or something).

Upon receiving all these details, I rushed to Sephora to sample this entrancing Light Blue. The one spritz on my wrist lasted for eight hours, and it seemed that for most of the time, I held my wrist up to my nose, never wanting to miss a moment of this fragrance. It reminded me of lemon orchards and laundry hanging out to dry under a cerulean sky, of white flowers strewn all over a Mediterranean beach, of water and wind dancing an ancient waltz at the edge of the world It was the smell of sunshine mingling with the foam-tipped waves of the ocean. I was besotted and am still am.

A modern classic, Light Blue is perfect. No, I care not a fig about its mass popularity nor its persistent dominance in global perfume sales. I do not care what you call it: anorexic aquatic, anemic ozonic, toilet cleanser, or furniture polish. It is too happy and energetic and full of laughter to matter. I love it, right down to its soft fuzzy box that I caress just for the hell of it! Plus, I sincerely think that every woman (or man) wears Light Blue differently because a part of their personality inflects the scent somehow, skin chemistry aside. If you are a calm, analytical person, then those cool watery notes from the bamboo and citron show themselves more. If you are a smiling, cheerful person, then the apple and rose stand out more; and if you are a warm, caring/affectionate person, then jasmine and amber appear in the forefront. Light Blue just has something, and far be it from me to begrudge what seems to be eighty-seven percent of the female population from having the same. I adore Shalimar and think Poison is pretty awesome, but I am always going to have a bottle, if not candles and body care products, of Light Blue with me. No matter what season or time of day or occasion, with two sprays to each side of my collar bone, and a spray below the hollow of my neck, I feel like an angel flying in the spindrift of the sea for the countless hours the fragrance lasts on my skin, hair, and clothes.

That being said, Light Blue is notorious for having a number of sophisticated fakes floating around Ebay and other online discounters (and very likely independent perfume shops/kiosks), which is why some people can not stomach the unnatural citrus smell nor tolerate the short lasting power I suspect. That is not the real Light Blue. I had both a fake and a genuine product to compare. Especially, if you buy it online, where it is admittedly cheaper, please be careful. It is worth experiencing the real thing but not dismissing it because of the sour lemon water that some guy, whose neck I could wring, poured into an actual Light Blue bottle and then placed inside an actual box. This faintly sweet and airy fragrance with a hint of powder is simultaneously warm and cool and lasts just short of forever. Notes: citron, apple, bluebell, white rose, jasmine, bamboo, amber, musk, cedar.

If dreams had a scent, I imagine they would be perfumed with Light Blue, but I am biased. I would wear Light Blue till I die. If you made it here, thanks for reading this long review-reverie!

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by chabelita17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite scents. It's very non-aggressive and citrusy which is the kind I like. Most people like it because it's not too strong, musky or powdery. That's the problem though, because practically everyone likes it so I smell it everywhere. So much for a signature scent.