September 20, 2014 | 916 users online

Fragrances - Dolce & Gabbana - Light Blue

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by elkelangley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adore this perfume. It smells amazing. Smells like Italy in a bottle to me! Smells soooo good. It reminds me of a hot summer on the beach, drinking a nice cocktail and just relaxing..
I personally think the perfume is pricey, but it is worth the price though. And I don't mind to spend the amount of money on this perfume, I'd buy it even if it would cost 500 dollars lol. That's how much I love it!
The packaging is nice, I love the bottle, although I find it a little hard to hold in my hands sometimes, but that's maybe because I have small hands...? :P
Overall, one of my all time favorite perfumes. I'll always continue to buy this perfume. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 9:21:00 AM More reviews by TeHNyboR

Such a gorgeous scent! I'm usually into more floral and fruity smells, but this stuff won me over at first whiff. It smells very soapy and clean, and it's an extremely light fragrance that doesn't leave people gagging as you walk by. My only gripe is that it wears off after a few hours, but I still love it! Definitely buying again once my bottle runs out!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by BrendaLM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite scents, love it!! One of the two perfumes I have repurchased and will continue to do so. It is a little pricey but totally worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by lawgirl07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I may be biased about this scent, since my boss bought a bottle for everyone at work and weirdly enough, it's what his wife wears. And despite the lovely gesture, it did feel a tad strange to be swanning about work smelling like my employer's wife.
That said, it actually is a bit too strong for me. For some reason, it reminds me of water. It's undoubtedly 'fresh' but for me, it's fresh in the same way that toilet air fresheners are fresh... they're a bit sterile.
I don't really know when I'd wear it as it's got the strength for night use yet the scent for day wear...
Overall, I'm guessing that it may just be me since it was rated very well by other users.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by amandawongjoyee

HUGE HUGE fan of this perfume! It smells soooo amazing! Really light and fresh scent and a great day time perfume. The downside of this is that the great scent does not last too long especially in my country which is 365 days of summer. It would be great indoor but not outdoor! Like to wear this perfume for school as it is light and would not give me a headache! Thumbs up for this perfume! Repurchase? Defiantly YES!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by captaincdiddy

I have been wearing this perfume for almost 5 years. It is my favorite perfume ever. I am experienced with perfumes and have bought many different types but come back to this one time and time again. It is young and fresh but not immature. It smells beautiful and I believe the name "Light Blue" is not fitting for how great it smells.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 6:47:00 AM More reviews by delectante

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is, hands down, my favorite perfume! I smelled it for the very first time on a classmate of mine during a linguistics class in college about two and a half years ago. Yes, I am late to the Light Blue party. Oh well. Each day, there was this lovely, refreshing lemon scent that made the New Haven winter seem less harsh, the air less cold, the sun shine warmer, the snow glitter livelier. I looked forward to going to class because of this wonderful fragrance that wafted from the girl to my right. Toward the end of the semester, I just had to ask what she was wearing. Light Blue by Dolce&Gabbana! Light Blue? Why is it called that? She explained it was because of the light blue velvety box in which the perfume was packaged (or something).

Upon receiving all these details, I rushed to Sephora to sample this entrancing Light Blue. The one spritz on my wrist lasted for eight hours, and it seemed that for most of the time, I held my wrist up to my nose, never wanting to miss a moment of this fragrance. It reminded me of lemon orchards and laundry hanging out to dry under a cerulean sky, of white flowers strewn all over a Mediterranean beach, of water and wind dancing an ancient waltz at the edge of the world It was the smell of sunshine mingling with the foam-tipped waves of the ocean. I was besotted and am still am.

A modern classic, Light Blue is perfect. No, I care not a fig about its mass popularity nor its persistent dominance in global perfume sales. I do not care what you call it: anorexic aquatic, anemic ozonic, toilet cleanser, or furniture polish. It is too happy and energetic and full of laughter to matter. I love it, right down to its soft fuzzy box that I caress just for the hell of it! Plus, I sincerely think that every woman (or man) wears Light Blue differently because a part of their personality inflects the scent somehow, skin chemistry aside. If you are a calm, analytical person, then those cool watery notes from the bamboo and citron show themselves more. If you are a smiling, cheerful person, then the apple and rose stand out more; and if you are a warm, caring/affectionate person, then jasmine and amber appear in the forefront. Light Blue just has something, and far be it from me to begrudge what seems to be eighty-seven percent of the female population from having the same. I adore Shalimar and think Poison is pretty awesome, but I am always going to have a bottle, if not candles and body care products, of Light Blue with me. No matter what season or time of day or occasion, with two sprays to each side of my collar bone, and a spray below the hollow of my neck, I feel like an angel flying in the spindrift of the sea for the countless hours the fragrance lasts on my skin, hair, and clothes.

That being said, Light Blue is notorious for having a number of sophisticated fakes floating around Ebay and other online discounters (and very likely independent perfume shops/kiosks), which is why some people can not stomach the unnatural citrus smell nor tolerate the short lasting power I suspect. That is not the real Light Blue. I had both a fake and a genuine product to compare. Especially, if you buy it online, where it is admittedly cheaper, please be careful. It is worth experiencing the real thing but not dismissing it because of the sour lemon water that some guy, whose neck I could wring, poured into an actual Light Blue bottle and then placed inside an actual box. This faintly sweet and airy fragrance with a hint of powder is simultaneously warm and cool and lasts just short of forever. Notes: citron, apple, bluebell, white rose, jasmine, bamboo, amber, musk, cedar.

If dreams had a scent, I imagine they would be perfumed with Light Blue, but I am biased. I would wear Light Blue till I die. If you made it here, thanks for reading this long review-reverie!

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by chabelita17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite scents. It's very non-aggressive and citrusy which is the kind I like. Most people like it because it's not too strong, musky or powdery. That's the problem though, because practically everyone likes it so I smell it everywhere. So much for a signature scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Jennbabbles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

the only reason im saying that i wont rebuy this perfume is b/c i already have a large bottle that i doubt i will ever use up and when i wear this perfume it seems like everyone knows what i am wearing. you only need one spray when it comes to this perfume. it has a very strong scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

I first smelled this stuff years ago when everyone was going crazy for it and hated it....thought it smelled like bug spray. I decided to give it another try last year and now it's my favorite perfume! It's so clean and crisp yet still kind of seductive...can't figure out why I didn't like it before because it definetly doesn't smell like bug spray. Men seem to love it as well. My boyfriend begs me to wear it he likes it so much.