November 24, 2014 | 1763 users online

Scrubs - Burt's Bees - Citrus Facial Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Stare_Girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great natural scrub. I'm a bit surprised and dumbstruck by those who complain that this is "oily" and "dry".... Well, the scrub contains natural oils which aid in breaking down and washing away the sebum and impurities collected in the skin, these are GOOD oils which hydrate and sooth... Also, you are not supposed to scrub it on your skin as is. You are supposed to (read the directions), use a couple drops of water with about a half teaspoon of the scrub, and create an emulsion in your hands, THEN apply it. Don't make me explain these things! :/

Anyhow, it's good stuff! No harsh, irritating, or drying chemicals. It's gentle enough to be used daily. Thanks, Burt!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 3:44:00 AM More reviews by MsFeli89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

so i have had this scrub just sitting in my medicine cabinet for about more than a year lol. i think i tried to use it once but i didn't really like it for some reason. but today i really needed a scrub bc my face needed to be exfoliatied, i usually just use sugar and my neutrogena oil-free face wash to exfoliate but sugar dissolves so easily. soooo i pulled my citrus scrub out and i dont really like the smell. its kinda strong and not fruity, which i like. and the color is so ugly. BUT OMG i put a lil and mixed with water put it on my face and started scrubbing and I LOVED IT! It didn't scratch my face at all! and it left my skin sooo smooth and soft. It felt great bc its all natural. I will be using this more often and buy another one. It also moisturized my skin which i liked bc it left soft. I just hope it doesn't break me out but til then i will be using it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2009 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Ashese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the container it comes in, and it smells great (if you like clove/nutmeg smells). It kindof reminds me of citrusy nutmeg gingerbread cookies. :S

A little goes a long way when you take a small scoop and mix it with water. It isn't too harsh on my face, as there aren't too many granules in it. Plus, it has great natural products in it (99.94 % natural):

* Vegetable Glycerine
* Grapefruit Seed Extract
* Nutmeg Powder
* Clove Powder
* Orange Oil
* Tocopherol (vitamine E)
* Rosemary Extract
* Fragrance

All in that order. So it's pretty good stuff.
Although I find Burt's Bees rather expensive, it's understandable since the products are mostly natural and I've had very great experiences with them, so I would like to buy this product again.

One problem: I find it hard to get some Burt's Bees products where I live (Ottawa region), as only some pharmacies carry them (usually in grocery stores!) so it would be nice if there were more stores carrying the product lines. I do think though that more stores are starting to get on the Burt's Bees bandwagon.

:D

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 5:01:00 PM More reviews by JeanineH

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a review for the Burt's Bees Citrus Facial Scrub in the 2 oz. jar.

Packaging: This comes in a small, light yellow box with a drawing of an orange on the side. On the back of the box, it lists the ingredients, states that it is not animal tested, and is 99.96% natural. When you remove the product from the box, it comes in a 2 oz. glass jar.

Aroma: Absolutely delicious. This smells just like a freshly baked loaf of pumpkin bread, or a nice pumpkin pie. I love it. It's comforting.

Product: This is probably my favorite product of the Burt's Bees line, and that's hard to say because I love many of them to pieces. When you open the jar, the aroma of fresh baked pumpkin pie fills the air. Yum! It is a product with no water added, so you must mix a pea sized amount in the palm of your hand with a few drops before applying it to your face. I like this because then you definitely know you aren't paying for water in a jar, you're actually getting a lot more. It looks kind of gross when you slather it on because it's brown in color, but when you start scrubbing, that won't matter anymore. I was expecting the particles to be rougher and more damaging to the skin, but instead, they were very finely milled and rounded. I did not get scratched at all. When I was finished, the oils left a bit of residue on my skin, but it wasn't bad at all. It was moisturizing and left a nice dewy glow. This has not broken me out. Love it! I would recommend this to a friend and I would definitely buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2009 3:37:00 AM More reviews by mooneyes89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a lil dry, smaller granules than most natural scrubs. smells nice! not sure about repurchase, its kinda hard to use cause its a bit dry, but im bad with things anyways, nothing a lil water cant fix!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

I didn't care for this scrub at all. The texture was crumbly and on the hard side. It has a spicy smell which was also a turn off for me. Afterwards, my skin felt oily not moisturized.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2008 3:22:00 AM More reviews by emodel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin is sensitive to many products, but I really like this one. I don`t use it every day though, don`t need to, just like 2x a week. It makes my skin super smooth and soft and it is not overdrying like many others. I love the fact that it is so natural too. I only use `grain consistancy` that literally scrubs off dry skin, instead of a chemical one that `melts` into the skin. So this one is perfect! I actually enjoy the orange/cloves smell, so I will keep buying this, I am very happy with it...
(I also LOVE: the Milk&Honey body wash...., and the Grapefruit&Shea hair conditioner, and this citrus scrub! These are my 3 fav.BB products!)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2008 1:08:00 AM More reviews by ninadelsol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product didn't do anything for me. It actually clogged my pores, left my skin burning, and I didn't like the smell - just like orange juice and very overpowering. I won't repurchase. It was also very oil based and I prefer my scrubs to be more cleansy and less greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2008 9:26:00 PM More reviews by _Vivica

Love love love LOVE this product. This was the first scrub I ever used and I haven't found anything comparable. My only real issue with it is that it's on the dry side and hard to get on my face. I get really rough skin in the bridge of my nose and this is the only thing that has scrubbies that can break that up, yet not irritate the rest of my face. It leaves me with super smooth moisturized skin. The smell is great too. A nice orange that isn't over powering.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2008 11:12:00 AM More reviews by IntheFall

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't quite decide how I like this product yet. I like the way it scrubs. It does work well once mixed with a little water. I only use it in the shower. It smells wonderful. But like other posters it does seem to leave a film afterward. With a little toner it clears off. It does leave my skin with a nice glow though and I have a little stress acne that it is clearing up. I put that I would buy it again, but I'm still on the new and can't really decide if I like it or not.