November 26, 2014 | 1771 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Milk

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 4:29:00 AM More reviews by sdr95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Superb for the waterline. It's sort of just that perfect white pencil staple that's pretty inexpensive for the quality you're getting.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

This is super creamy and pigmented but it makes my eyeshadows crease a lot and give my eyeshadows a grey cast.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

Love this jumbo pencil. It is super cheap and can replace the use of pricey eye primers. To add, the white shade of this NYX pencil enhances the color of the eye shadow applied on top. It intensifies any color to make it look flawless. I don't find that this shadow creases. In fact, using this pencil allows the eye shadow to really adhere.

I sort of wish that this pencil had a twist at the bottom. That would avoid the need to sharpen. However, I got a free sharpener in every purchase of L'Oreal smoldering black eyeliner. Apparently, that sharpener fits the NYX jumbo eye pencils. HINT!

FYI, the plastic cap cracks easily. I am definitely going to try some other colors in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by MissPandamonium

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This product acts perfect as a base to keep shadows from creasing and to intensify colours.
I love using it when I am sporting more colourful daring looks to make the colours pop.
However, I am super bummed out that none of my sharpeners can fit this monster. Meaning I am going to have to fork out and buy NYX's very own sharpener. Not that it costs that much. Just irritating that I can only use their sharpener for this product.
Furthermore, another bother with the packaging is that the cap has cracked all over so I'm going to have to sellotape that I guess if I want to keep it.
But other than the rubbish packaging, it is an amazing product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by azgirl929

First time using a jumbo eye pencil and just starting purchasing NYX products. I like that this pencil goes on creamy and is very easy to blend. But it creases very quickly. It was suggested to use NYX eye primer, which I just bought today but haven't used it yet (will write a review soon), so hopefully that will help the color to stay on longer and not crease.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Viclovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An essential for every make up collection. It's a completely versatile product. I use it as a primer mostly and I love it to bits!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by AdrienneStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a staple item to have in your makeup arsenal. I say so because it is very helpful to use as an eyeshadow base especially for bright shadow looks such as pastels, nudes, and neons. Your color pay off will be 100 times better if you base with a concealer, and/or primer directly onto your lid then use NYX Jumbo Pencil in MILK before applying your colors. Essentially, this product creates a canvas over your lid to give a smooth texture for your shadows "grab" or "sit" onto; thus, extending longevity of wear. Definitely deserves 5 lippies for quality! It's not expensive at all...there's nothing super special about the packaging...it's very simple. Although, NYX does ship their products securely in a box with bubble wrap and inside of an adorable black lace drawstring bag. I recommend getting this item if you are an avid shadow rocker or even if you are novice trying to develop your application technque(s). Special S/O to SHAMIAMGLAM for intoducing me to this product via her FABULOUS FOTD tutorials on YT.
~Adrienne Starr

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by goddessofthegalaxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a good base for eyeshadow. It applies well and the pigment is phenomenal! It must be blended well otherwise it looks like a mess. It definitely makes eyeshadow pop and it stays well! I adore this pencil.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Amelielydia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

it's nice but i had some trouble finding an appropriate sharpener.
it also clumps in the corner of my eyes so i always 'set' it with an eyeshadow but it is a really nice product especially for highlighting.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Excellent as a base, highlighter, and for the waterline. The product goes on smooth and blends easily with either your finger or a brush. It even lasts in the waterline, which is huge for me. I haven't had to sharpen it yet so we'll see how that goes. As for use, I use UDPP first, this as my base, then pick whatever shadow I like. It really does make a huge difference. The colors pop. Because of the texture, I can see how this would crease, especially if you have oily lids (I do). So, because of this, I ALWAYS use UDPP before I use Milk. If not, I have no doubt it will crease and disappear within an hour. For the price (FYI, Ulta tends to keep these on a BOGO) you can't go wrong. It's a pretty awesome base. I have it in Strawberry Milk as well. Haven't tried that yet.