April 18, 2014 | 929 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Milk

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by VerniePie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the NYX jumbo pencil in Milk!!!!!! This is by far the best eyeshadow primer ever!!!!! Now I don't normally use this as an actual eyeshadow but more as a primer and let me tell you it is the best!!!!

For me the secret is to not slather it all over my lids but to use a little bit and then smear it around with my finger.....it really is the best primer/base it works with every color eyeshadow from super bright colorful shades to neutral shades....it makes my cheap dollar store shadows look like MAC!!!!! It's just a great product....I highly recommend it!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 8:20:00 AM More reviews by xshado

This is my first NYX product, this pencil is my HG
I love using white eyeliner under my eyes because it makes them look bigger, and this pencil is so perfect to me.
I can use for multiple things, a base, primer, white eyeliner, use it on my tearduct
Its amazing, i use it every single day.
I will buy another one as soon as i ran out, ASAP.
I have the nars white eyeliner, and i prefer this jumbo pencil 1000x more than the nars.

The ONLY con i have is that i wish you didn't have to sharpen it, because i have NO idea what type of sharpener would be big enough and strong enough to sharpen this pencil.
It would've been better if the stick came with those twisty ends, so that way you would just have to twist for the product to come out.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by kaikaii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This does work well for an eyeshadow base however def does not have a strong stay power like other products / primers out there. I guess its a good cheaper alternative however I prefer my gorgeous eyeshadow primer :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by galacticmousse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All I can say is ... heck yeah!! I love this product. I use it as an eyeshadow base for my oily lids (helps eyeshadow stay longer, and have a stronger 'pop' of color), as a highlighter, and on my waterline. Nice, creamy texture that blends out very well. Be warned, you MUST blend it well with your fingers -- trying to apply it straight from the pencil with no blending creates creasing. My only complaint is that it is a pain in the butt to sharpen, due to the very creamy texture of the pencil. Over all, I love this product and will buy again ... and again ... and again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by bloodymerry52

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

NEWS FLASH: Stop complaining about not being able to sharpen NYX JEP!! Go to Walmart and look for an eyeliner sharpener. The one I got from there has two holes, one for a regular size pencil, and larger one for big pencils. It was less than $1.00. Problem solved. I've never had any issues with sharpening. Now onto my review. I never apply these pencils to my lid straight from the stick. I find that puts down too much product. If you want a lighter application, rub the pencil onto your ring finger, then apply it to your lid. I promise it will go on more evenly, and probably look better.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

NYX Milk is a very creamy white eyeshadow pencil. I love that it glides on so smoothly and lasts most of the day on me. The shade is a true white color (without blue or yellow hues like some whites). It is completely matte, which is a hard quality to find in a white shadow. I use this pencil almost every day on the inner part of my eyes and on the water lines. It leaves me looking awake and fresh all day. The only (but major) gripe I have is that it is near impossible to sharpen because it is plastic and very thick. But, for the results, this pencil is still worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by melly845

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not a fan of this. I bought it because everyone said it made a good base for eyeshadow, but I didn't find that. I tried putting a NYX single eyeshadow over the top of it and it really didn't work. It was just a mess, but maybe I put the pencil on too thick or something. Might have to try again with a better quality eyeshadow and see if it works, otherwise this will just go to waste. I also have a few other colours in the jumbo pencil and I find that they crease and fade very easily. I also tried these on my waterline as a lot of reviews said they last ages on the waterline, but that wasn't the case for me. I love most NYX products but I find these to be poor quality.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really do like this. I can wear this as my all over lid primer and it holds up with my greasy lids. It's got a tackiness to it that eyeshadow adhears nicely to if you want a color to really pop. In hot weather, I can feel this on my eyes. It's the weirdest thing. It's like a strange tingle/itch. It's probably slightly irritating to my skin, but it hasn't caused any problems.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Cathuggins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this pencil! I bought it originally to do doll eyes for Halloween and then used it to do my day of the dead makeup and found it brilliantly white and easy to apply! The only thing I dislike about this pencil is that its nearly impossible to sharpen them! So you can imagine how many pencils one goes through trying to achieve the perfect day of the dead face. But for use here and there its totally worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

Oh my god. The makeup gods have bestowed upon mankind this wondrous product that is the most perfect eyeshadow base in all the universes to have ever existed because we must have done something right, humanity, to have this amazing product amongst us. First of all, let me say that I have heard amazing things about this for forever now and have only started using it for a couple of months. I didn't really get the appeal before but now I completely do, after having purchasing it. The texture of the pencil is so so so creamy! It doesn't drag at your eyes at all, you don't need to heat it up on your hand or anything, it's just naturally that creamy. It's also extremely pigmented. I usually run it about 2/3 times across my lid and then blend the edges out with my finger and trust me, using this REALLY does make a difference to the longevity + brightness of your eyeshadow! It's really good for brighter/lighter colors as it really makes them pop!
I also love the actual pencil. I love how big it is and how you can go for awhile without sharpening it. If you do need to sharpen it, I recommend the big pencil sharpener from ultra for about $3. You don't ever really need to sharpen it though, as one pencil comes with a heck done of product and will last you forever.
This is my holy grail eyeshadow base that I almost always apply after eyelid primer and I am obsessed.