September 2, 2014 | 1813 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Milk

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by azgirl929

First time using a jumbo eye pencil and just starting purchasing NYX products. I like that this pencil goes on creamy and is very easy to blend. But it creases very quickly. It was suggested to use NYX eye primer, which I just bought today but haven't used it yet (will write a review soon), so hopefully that will help the color to stay on longer and not crease.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Viclovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An essential for every make up collection. It's a completely versatile product. I use it as a primer mostly and I love it to bits!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by AdrienneStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a staple item to have in your makeup arsenal. I say so because it is very helpful to use as an eyeshadow base especially for bright shadow looks such as pastels, nudes, and neons. Your color pay off will be 100 times better if you base with a concealer, and/or primer directly onto your lid then use NYX Jumbo Pencil in MILK before applying your colors. Essentially, this product creates a canvas over your lid to give a smooth texture for your shadows "grab" or "sit" onto; thus, extending longevity of wear. Definitely deserves 5 lippies for quality! It's not expensive at all...there's nothing super special about the packaging...it's very simple. Although, NYX does ship their products securely in a box with bubble wrap and inside of an adorable black lace drawstring bag. I recommend getting this item if you are an avid shadow rocker or even if you are novice trying to develop your application technque(s). Special S/O to SHAMIAMGLAM for intoducing me to this product via her FABULOUS FOTD tutorials on YT.
~Adrienne Starr

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by goddessofthegalaxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a good base for eyeshadow. It applies well and the pigment is phenomenal! It must be blended well otherwise it looks like a mess. It definitely makes eyeshadow pop and it stays well! I adore this pencil.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Amelielydia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

it's nice but i had some trouble finding an appropriate sharpener.
it also clumps in the corner of my eyes so i always 'set' it with an eyeshadow but it is a really nice product especially for highlighting.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Excellent as a base, highlighter, and for the waterline. The product goes on smooth and blends easily with either your finger or a brush. It even lasts in the waterline, which is huge for me. I haven't had to sharpen it yet so we'll see how that goes. As for use, I use UDPP first, this as my base, then pick whatever shadow I like. It really does make a huge difference. The colors pop. Because of the texture, I can see how this would crease, especially if you have oily lids (I do). So, because of this, I ALWAYS use UDPP before I use Milk. If not, I have no doubt it will crease and disappear within an hour. For the price (FYI, Ulta tends to keep these on a BOGO) you can't go wrong. It's a pretty awesome base. I have it in Strawberry Milk as well. Haven't tried that yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Monseter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Finally used this today and it's awesome! I'm allergic to silicone so most eye-primers are out of the question. i'm pretty sure NYX has my back on a lot of eye makeup when it comes to being silicone free. Anyway, I'm using this as a base for my eyeshadow and it most definitely made my eyeshadow really nice and bright, not to mention that I've been wearing this since about 7 this morning and it looks the same as it did when i put it on!!

You don't need much product to cover your whole lid, about three little streaks of it on your lid and then use your finger to warm up the product and blend.

I'd compare it to benefit's lemon aid but this is muuuuuuuch better. Lemon aid creased on me and the colors didn't stand out as much because it's yellow-ish so it blended with my lids, which was nice in a way but at the same time, it didn't give me that really good pigmentation.

The price is right (got it for 2.25 because nyx always has buy one get one 50% off sales) and I really like the packaging because I'm totally not a fan of sticking my fingers into pots because I'm a total germaphobe so this is most def. my new HG shadow primer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by AzurLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am sort of torn about this jumbo pencil. Yes, it's a great base for eyeshadows and helps make them more vibrant. However, I find that Milk creases a lot more than the 4 other jumbo pencils I own (Black Bean, Iced Mocha, French Fries, and Cottage Cheese). Even when I apply UDPP, it gets cakey and makes my shadows look muddy after a couple of hours. I probably will not be repurchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by KathrynLina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I originally bought this product for a Halloween makeup application for myself. It was a random buy at the time. Since then I have read reviews on this product and learned that it is so incredibly versatile and can be used for many other things... not JUST Halloween makeup. Since I am so fair, it works perfectly as a hi lighter. I thought it sounded crazy (because its white!) until I actually tried it, but it works phenomenally. Also works great as a base for shadows to really make them pop, or alone as a base, or just in the inner corners.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Trazey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Cons: crappy cap lid! cracked about week 2 lol And would be nice if it had a twist-up bottom :(

Pros: creamy! pigmented but not harsh, great as highlight and really brightens up inner corner. I have stubborn undereye circles and as an experiment, I went over the darkest area with Milk, and then applied concealer as usual - big difference! i love it!

PS -- it crumbles if you sharpen it, but POP IT IN THE FREEZER FOR 20 MINUTES AND IT SHARPENS LIKE A DREAM!!! back to the day you bought it!