April 18, 2014 | 1861 users online

Self Tanners - Banana Boat - Sunless Tanning Creme - Deep Dark

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2006 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Janemarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great tanner! It doesn't streak as long as you make sure to rub it in, like lotion, and get all the areas on your skin. I've used many other tanners, and I keep coming back to this one. A real natural tan, easy to apply, and lasts a long time. It doesn't come out orange, either, and I always have that worry with tanners. You can't go wrong with this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2006 11:31:00 PM More reviews by sed484

WOW....this is really a great product.....if you know how to apply it right. Personally, I never exfoliate first and I still have flawless results. This is the trick though: MIX EQUAL AMOUNTS OF SELF TANNER AND REGULAR LOTION. APPLY THIS TO YOUR BODY. I wear disposable latex gloves to keep my hands from even having the chance to turn orange on me. When lotion is mixed with the tanner, it helps to make the tanner much more blendable and helps it to go on very smoothly. You may have to apply this stuff 2 or 3 times to get your desired shade b/c you are diluting it but it is so worth it. You will be left with a beautiful, brown, sunkissed tan. (with no streaks!)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2006 2:12:00 PM More reviews by maggiev

YUCK!! Can you say ORANGE?! Would I buy this product again?? Can I get a HELL NO!! This stuff is by far, the worst!!! I bought this because I read all the great reviews on this site and I am so disappointed, not to mention, embarrassed by the orange glow my skin gives off. I cant believe 77% would buy this awful stuff again. I just cant say how bad this is. Luckily, I have a pretty good sense of humor and just joked about my own orange skin with everyone else. This is the first time I have ever tried a self tanner and I will NEVER do it again. I had my sister help me put it on so I did not have any uneven marks and it still looked really bad around my wrists, hands and feet. My sister uses Jergens natural glow gradual tanner and I should have been smart to use that as well, but I needed immediate results for a wedding. Too bad my result was an oompa loompa looking skin tone. If you are in a semi dark room you are ok, but in the sun or direct light at all is the WORST!! The one good thing I can say is that the smell was not bad compared to what other people say about self tanners. I am so lucky I didnt put this on my face. I can't wait for this to wear off and have been rubbing my skin raw in the shower to try to get it off. I really hope people will read this and not buy this product. I just want to save everyone the time and effort. I would rather stay white as a ghost than ever use this stuff again. It went right in the trash. Suntan oil here I come!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2006 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Jenni_B

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is ok. It doesn't get me dark enough and it takes too long to dry. Was kind of streaky around my ankles and toes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2006 11:36:00 PM More reviews by kurikumi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

once u get past the scent for this product, you'll love it. this seems to develop on dry skin faster than moisturized skin... and thus my dry hands have a yellow stain on them ( on my palms *cry*) it looks gross on my palms but my legs look tanned and great! i will make a mental note to scrub my hands even more thoroughly and with a good scrubby. >.<;

very natural color~ i'd recommend it, but remember to wash your hands a few times cos this settles into the wrinkles are is hard to wash out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2006 2:18:00 PM More reviews by emmab583

I have tried it all!! Banana Boat is cheap and so easy to apply. I swear by it. It doesn't streak or turn a weird color and it lasts for a while.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2006 1:43:00 AM More reviews by iyadls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm kind of new to self-tanning. Have only been doing it for a year or so and tried only 2 types - Shiseido's Brilliant Bronze Self-Tanner for Face and Body, which is good, but expensive, and Banana Boat Sunless Tinted Lotion, Self-Adjusting in Deep Dark. Banana Boat is much cheaper and I've bought a 2nd tube, but here are the drawbacks:

1. Tinted version contains henna, which stains. It doesn't really help to show you which areas you've covered, because if it's been blended in properly, you shouldn't really see it at all. Don't wear light-colored, dry clean only clothes or wipe off on a light towel after using this.
2. Very strong smell! I kind of like it, but my boyfriend hates it and it gets really strong after a few hours, so you have to shower again to wash off the smell.

On the bright side, it does a great job! The tan lasts about a week, and it looks very natural on my pale Asian skin. I don't use it on my face, since I'm acne prone, and always exfoliate the day before and apply body lotion before self-tanner, so have never had streaking problems. For a cheap, decent tan, I recommend this one!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2005 8:51:00 AM More reviews by helend

This came out a nice deep colour (even on my v pale skin!) when I applied it twice, one night then the next. The bad thing was it didn't fade well, it wore off on my inner-elbows & on my chest pretty quick. I'd recommend it for an event (moisturiser on elbows, knees, hands & feet important cos it's dark) but not if u want a long-lasting tan. Was impressed with the colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2005 2:55:00 PM More reviews by LIGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product, went on without streaks (but the color was not right for my skin tone). I'll buy this again in a different shade! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2005 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Slim2

I bought this because it was cheap and on sale. The color turns out orangy-brown and it looks fake. No one looks that color of tan. Oh well, guess I'll throw it away since I can't return it. Update: Well, after comparing it to other products, it's not that bad, and color isn't that orange. It does wear off unevenly (I look like my feet are dirty and it's embarrassing)! Still wouldn't buy again. I prefer L'Oreal Sublime Bronze cream - color is more natural.