Banana Boat Sunless Tanning Creme - Deep Dark

4.1

Water, Dihydroxyacetone, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Petrolatum, VP Dimethiconylacrylate Polycarbamyl Polyglycol Ester, Caramel, Aloe (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Dimethicone, Steareth 20, Steareth 2, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Lawsonia Inermis Extract (Henna)

Banana Boat Summer Color Self-Tanning Lotion, Deep Dark Color, 6 fl. oz.

I was looking at self-tanners at Wal-Mart and saw this one, and decided to give it a try. I've tried several other brands, but they don't give much color...barely a hint of color, really (and I'm very pale!). I wanted something that would give me a TAN, not a barely-noticable tint.

The first application of this gave me a nice golden glow. Not dark, not really "tan", but it did give more color than the other brands I've tried. The color wasn't streaky, wasn't orange/yellow...just a light bronzing a couple shades darker than my natural skin.

The next day, I applied the self-tanner again. The result was lovely! A nice bronze, several shades darker than my natural skin, definitely "tan".

I did another application on the third day, and WOW!!! LOVE THIS!!! Definitely looked like I'd been hanging out for a week somewhere in the Caribbean, LOL! Great bronze, not a hint of orange to be seen, no streaks.

I'm re-applying the self-tanner once a week now, to maintain my "tan". I do like how this self-tanner builds up the color over several applications, rather than turning you super-dark on the first application. You can build it up to the color you want, and then re-apply once or twice a week to maintain that shade. It's a lot more effective than the so-called "gradual-tanners" (Jergen's Natural Glow and such)...those did nothing but turn me a sickly yellow color.

I will continue to purchase this self-tanner as long as they make it. This is THE BEST I've tried in years, and it was only $5.97 a tube! continued >>

on 9/25/2006 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Wow. Thatís all I can say. I first used Jergens natural glow in the darkest shade and I was disappointed. It wasnít the shade I liked. Then I came on here and read all the reviews for Banana Boat in Deep Dark. Wal mart has this for about $6. I went to Big lots, like all you other people :) and lo and behold. $4.
Bargain. The first time I applied it at night and woke up the next mornin darker. no more pasty asian. i look like a latino haha. I applied a second time and im happy. if you read the ingredients, you can see they use Henna extract. Wow.
Im really satisfied.
Its awesome.

on 7/30/2006 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

OK so the tan comes out brown, but an incredibly fake orange brown. It streaked a lot..I now stick to the GT's, mainly Jergens and Hawaiian Tropic

on 7/20/2006 10:14:00 PM

This is the best self-tanner I have tried so far....as long as you use it right. I'm a PPP, but I still tried the Deep Dark b/c the lighter versions tend to turn me yellow. This one, however, turned me slightly tan -- which was the result I was looking for. The only thing is that you have to be careful not to overuse this product, cuz after the first 2 applications, it turns a bit orange. But I was very pleased with the result from this tanner.

I would also recommend going on sunless.com if you haven't really used STs before b/c they do provide you with a step-by-step process of sunless-tanning. That definitely helped me b/c I did not want to wind up with a streaky, orange mess!!

ALSO: I forgot to add this. The only spots that the tanner looked really uneven on were my hands, wrists, and feet. I cannot get an even color no matter how hard I try!! So definitely be extra careful not to use too much around those spots!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE IT! pure brown no orange at all, and it doesnt streak! it does smell pretty badly but i use it at night so it doesnt matter, i even use it on my face and i havent broken out or anything, i'm a pretty pale person with a slight tan now that it's summer and this is GREAT stuff, definatly a HG. i recently starting useing this at night and Malibu Hemp Golden Glow in the morning, and it's a perfect combo! i get tons of compliments on my skin/tan :-D i'm really excited that i finally found something i like. LOVE IT!

on 6/14/2006 3:50:00 PM

This is a review for the Summer color self adjusting sunless tanning creme in deep dark. To give you a context, I have light olive skin and am a self tanner addict.
I've tried: fake bake, fake bake extreme, clarins, sublime bronze, no-ad, banana boat, neutrogena, estee lauder, jergens, sublime glow and sheshiedo.
Fake bake extreme is the best for building a dark base but looks fake after too many aps, Banana Boat is the best for maintaining and building a believable tan.
The color guide is light and somewhat helpful, but you don't actually need it much since this is the least streaky tanner I've used. The formula is quite lotiony so you have time to work it in before it dries. When it does dry it isn't tacky or sticky. Self tanner smell is typical, but since I wear it at night it's not a concern.
The color on this one lasts longer than any other I've tried including fake bake and it fades without the ugly skin disease flaking that happens with most other tanners. I usually apply mixed with a squirt of lotion and right after the showe and have never had streaking problems and I'm sloppy about it too =)
So far this one is the drugstore tanner winner.

on 5/21/2006 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Great tanner! It doesn't streak as long as you make sure to rub it in, like lotion, and get all the areas on your skin. I've used many other tanners, and I keep coming back to this one. A real natural tan, easy to apply, and lasts a long time. It doesn't come out orange, either, and I always have that worry with tanners. You can't go wrong with this!

on 5/14/2006 11:31:00 PM

WOW....this is really a great product.....if you know how to apply it right. Personally, I never exfoliate first and I still have flawless results. This is the trick though: MIX EQUAL AMOUNTS OF SELF TANNER AND REGULAR LOTION. APPLY THIS TO YOUR BODY. I wear disposable latex gloves to keep my hands from even having the chance to turn orange on me. When lotion is mixed with the tanner, it helps to make the tanner much more blendable and helps it to go on very smoothly. You may have to apply this stuff 2 or 3 times to get your desired shade b/c you are diluting it but it is so worth it. You will be left with a beautiful, brown, sunkissed tan. (with no streaks!)

on 5/1/2006 2:12:00 PM

YUCK!! Can you say ORANGE?! Would I buy this product again?? Can I get a HELL NO!! This stuff is by far, the worst!!! I bought this because I read all the great reviews on this site and I am so disappointed, not to mention, embarrassed by the orange glow my skin gives off. I cant believe 77% would buy this awful stuff again. I just cant say how bad this is. Luckily, I have a pretty good sense of humor and just joked about my own orange skin with everyone else. This is the first time I have ever tried a self tanner and I will NEVER do it again. I had my sister help me put it on so I did not have any uneven marks and it still looked really bad around my wrists, hands and feet. My sister uses Jergens natural glow gradual tanner and I should have been smart to use that as well, but I needed immediate results for a wedding. Too bad my result was an oompa loompa looking skin tone. If you are in a semi dark room you are ok, but in the sun or direct light at all is the WORST!! The one good thing I can say is that the smell was not bad compared to what other people say about self tanners. I am so lucky I didnt put this on my face. I can't wait for this to wear off and have been rubbing my skin raw in the shower to try to get it off. I really hope people will read this and not buy this product. I just want to save everyone the time and effort. I would rather stay white as a ghost than ever use this stuff again. It went right in the trash. Suntan oil here I come!!

on 3/6/2006 1:19:00 PM

This is ok. It doesn't get me dark enough and it takes too long to dry. Was kind of streaky around my ankles and toes.

Top Rated Banana Boat Products