Mary Kay Microdermabrasion Kit

4.3

on 9/24/2007 1:11:00 PM

With this product, and really any home microdermabrasion product, you'll need about 2 weeks of using the product 2x/week to see the beginning of your results. Anyway, I am a big fan of the Philosophy Microderm, but wanted something less expensive and since I already use MK skincare, I thought it would be great to have a microderm product in the same skin care line. Well, you may notice that the MK kit is only $10 less than Philosophy, but the difference is that the MK kit lasts longer. I get at least 3 months use out of Step 1 (the scrub) and I am still using the same Step 2 that I've had the last 6 months. The results are as wonderful as those that I get with Philosophy's version. I get nice, soft, smooth and glowy skin. It glows like I've had a fresh facial. In fact, I went to a facial this past weekend and the esth. thought I had on make up! People often believe I am wearing make up when I am really just in bare skin--it's the microderm. The best of the glow usually comes the day after I use the treatment. This product is so worth every penny. And yes, I am a former consultant, but still believe in MK products very much!

on 7/29/2007 4:27:00 PM

I think this is a good product but it is overpriced. I will not repurchase when there are other options that have the same results for less $$.

on 7/27/2007 7:04:00 AM

This is a serviceable product. I have a strong suspicion all the enthusiasm about it is being generated by Mary Kay consultants. I don't know, maybe my complexion is in pretty decent shape to begin with, but I'm hardly glowing like the Madonna after using the MK microdermabrasion kit. No better, no worse than anything else out there.

on 5/8/2007 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This item is "The Bomb!" Great microderm result. I have dry flaky skin and use it twice a week. Keeps the flakies away!!

on 5/1/2007 8:57:00 PM

I have had professional microdermanbrasion and this scrub comes pretty close... When you have had the salon treatment the results like the baby soft skin last alot longer. But the kit i do it 1-2 times a week and i have baby soft skin all the time. It has improved my pores and my skin is looking alot nicer in general. The serum is nothing special, more like a nice light moisturiser. The price australian dollar wise is resonable.. i got it off ebay for $36. Did not irritate my skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really do like this product, but it is expensive. I got a sample and really liked it, and I was able to get the product on ebay for half the normal price! It does a very good job of exfoliating my skin and the replenishing serum feels really nice.

Several yrs ago I went to an dermatologist who did a power peel on my face several times and I think this is very comparable to that.

on 12/4/2006 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I wanted to love this product but I really don't think it's worth the $50 price tag. It's no better than drugstore brand scrubs that I have used in the past. I was very disappointed and will not buy again.

Really REALLY pleased with this product. Bought after reading reviews on this site (I wont buy anything without checking here first these days!) and I'm really happy with the results so far. Really smoothed my skin from the very first use and can already definitely see the acumulative benefits from using it. I Had recently started developing little bumps under the surface of the skin ( like tiny closed spots below the surface) and this is reducing them noticably within only a few uses. Importantly, I haven't broken out from using this product, in fact my skin seems to be better in this respect since using this. I usually have quite good skin, but it definitely has off days and a tendency towards oiliness and developing little blemishes that mainly appear as bumps under the skin ( occasionally they develop into more noticable "spots" at the surface - BOOO!!) These "oily/blemish" problems have definitely been less noticable in the time I've been using this - Real results with just a few uses - and I hope this continues to improve over time. All in all, the clarifying effect of this product, combined with the wonderful smoothness and "glowiness" you get from this product makes it pretty hard to beat in my opinion - and I've tried all sorts of (mostly pretty useless procucts in my time!! I'll DEFINITELY be repurchasing when the time comes, though thankfully (considering the price tag!) this one should last me a good while yet!

on 11/3/2006 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Maybe I'm missing something with the microdermabrasion craze that many products lines have gotten into. I've never had a professional microdermabrasion. This is the first microdermabrasion product I tried. This product did leave my skin smooth. But it also left it very RED and after a day lots of breakouts occurred. From reading the directions, I think it's supposed to do this. If that is the case, I don't want to knowingly irritate my skin. Especially since the smoothness only lasts a day or too. In my opinion this is an unnecessary product with a lot of hype attached.

Luv it, luv it, luv it.

But I won't be buying it anytime soon because I use it once a week if I remember and it will last for ages. Good product though. Nice instant results. Not sure about the long term results though. Do not use it regularly to judge that.

Top Rated Treatments (Face)