April 17, 2014 | 1821 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2009 7:06:00 PM More reviews by ihatespots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've heard from several of my friends that the hypnose works wonderfully for them, in terms of volumising and lengthening. However, for me, its not HG material.

Good points- Lengthens, smudge proof, easy to buy/find

Bad points- Clumpy, doesnt separate the lashes, does not add volume to the lashes, the smooth surface of the packaging/wand makes application a bit hard, expensive (220HKD), doesnt hold the curl, spidery look

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2008 8:27:00 PM More reviews by wslam00

I can't say enough about how this mascara has changed my makeup routine.. I stopped using mascara for awhile because I was stumped at finding anything that made my lashes stand out and hold a curl.. thicken and lengthen... This makes my lashes amplified and finishes off my look with a BANG! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this mascara. I don't get the hype with definicils but will use the 2 together to get extra length but Hypnose volumizes and lengthens..and curls!! I have small monolidded asian eyes with straight short stubborn downward sloping lashes, and this mascara makes my eyes look twice as big as they do normally! I usually use Shiseido's eyelash curler and then apply, but I got lazy one day, and just applied it, and it actually curls and lifts the lashes upward! I couldn't believe it. I love it! It holds my curl on my stubborn lashes and it is buildable.. but don't wait minutes between coats..it is a disaster to try to reapply after a minute or two. My method: I usually swipe off most of the mascara into the tube, apply slowly with wiggles, and repeat until I like the way it looks.. I noticed I got more dramatic look without having to repeat the strokes if I just bring the brush up slowly--from root to tip in 2-3 secs.. It is sort of dry.. I see what people mean by that, but I don't think it would hold the curl as well if it weren't! It is very waterproof and I take it off with Bifacil no problem.. If you are Asian, have stubborn short straight lashes, save your $$ and try this!! After spending so much time and money on mascara (Diorshow, Iconic, Fiberwig, Clinique, drugstore brands, EL projectionist) with mediocre results... $24 is not that much to spend! I will re-purchase for life!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2008 8:08:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaCB

I heard so many good things about this mascara, and after reading a few reviews I decided to try it. It is not as good as the regular Hypnose. The good aspects: it adds a lot of volume, it holds a curl, adds a moderate amount of length. The bad is that it is really dry which feels gross on the lashes and you can even tell by the look of it on that it is dry; it also looks dull in color and I lost more lashes than usual in the removal process both times I tried this (and I was afraid to try a third time- was losing too many lashes). It is truly waterproof though. It's just too drying.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2008 10:30:00 PM More reviews by terriblebeauty

I have medium length lashes that point down, and I've tried a couple of mascaras but none of them worked like hypnose. I have teary eyes a lot and I can't not wear waterproof. It didn't smudge on me at all for seven hours. It thickened as well as lengthened my lashes. I'd probably buy it again in the future. The only thing I didn't really like was that it was kind of pricey. Some say its hard to remove, but bi-facil eye make up remover also from lancome works really well on getting it all off.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2008 3:03:00 PM More reviews by cristal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I decided to try this after reading so many good reviews, but unfortunately it didn't work for me. It clumps, the formula is really heavy and it seemed to damage my lashes. Very difficult to remove as well. No flaking though, and not too expensive either so I'll give it two lippies. Maybe I'll try the non-waterproof kind sometime, but this one will definitely not be a repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2008 9:01:00 AM More reviews by Corky1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara after reading some good reviews about it. I absolutely hated it. First of all, the texture is so runny and watery. It makes my lashes look freakishly spiky. The brush is curved with very sparse bristles. Combine this with the watery texture and you have a horrible product! Oh and it also gives me panda eyes, despite being waterproof!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2008 5:49:00 PM More reviews by mesloan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It's September 19th, 2008 and I have had it on since I bought it in June. (Not really, but it makes you feel like you can leave it on forever.)If you want a truly waterproof mascara without all the cakey, flakey stuff this is it. Doesnt' smudge either. Also, I used tried my other Lancome mascara - can't think of the name, it's the one that has a funny brush/comb combo and thickens nicely - anyway, I put a coat of that on and then put the Hypnose on over it and - WOW. It was also easier to remove that way too.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2008 10:25:00 PM More reviews by blushgal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I HATE this mascara!!! I have been using Définicils mascara for 2+ years. A friend of mine recomended Hypnộse and I was excited to try since I thought it would be another great Lancome product-boy was I wrong! This waterproof mascara was too heavy for my eyelashes. It made them feel stretch (i know that sounds weird but idk how else to describe it). By the third day I noticed eyelashes falling off two or three at a time!!!!! I returned the product immediately and the girl at the counter told me that the product is so potent that you HAVE to make sure it is completely off otherwise eyelashes could fall off. If you do decide to use this product you will have to use a strong eye-make-up remover. I do not recommend this and would not buy it again. In fact, I wouldn't use it if someone gave it to me for free!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2008 1:53:00 PM More reviews by chico_my_dog

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is good. Holds curl. Good volume. Doesn't flake. Lasts all day. No racoon eyes. I just wish it had a bit more volume. Not as black as Inimitable WP, but gives better volume.

EDIT: I went through a few tubes of this stuff and decided I won't repurchase anymore. It dries out within a couple of weeks. No, I do not pump the tube. And I guess I just can't get over the fact that it is not as black as I would like.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2008 2:52:00 AM More reviews by janiceee

BEST
MASCARA
EVERRRRRRRR!!
i think its really good at lengthening, holds the curl really well after curling with eyelash curler, i havent tried the non waterproofone so i cant compare, but this doesnt smudge at all and is easy to remove with makeup remover.
loves it.