April 17, 2014 | 1607 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the only foamy cleanser I'll use. Gentle but removes every trace of gunk. And nice on the pocketbook, too!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by amycarter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this cleanser. It's packaging is cheap and bland, probably because they want to support the 'less is more' attitude of a basic cleanser. This has helped me tremendously in clearing up a severe break-out on my cheeks from using MAC products. However, for a "sensitive skin" cleanser, it is pretty drying, so it lost a lippie. I find it lathers rather than foams, but I like that as it feels lotion-y. Best drugstore cleanser *thus* far

Why does it LOOK like hand soap that dispenses at the mall or in your bathroom??? Kind of scary...

EDIT: Yes I agree it is a bit hard to wash off but this stuff is PERFECT. My HG cleanser. My skin broke out horribly from MAC and now it is perfect thanks to this. Not a single pimple in sight!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2012 10:55:00 AM More reviews by twiceasmnystars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an affordable cleanser that does not irritate my super sensitive and acne-prone skin. It leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean but it does dry it out a bit. I solve that by putting on a good moisturizer afterward (I use Cetaphil). It helps get the remaining foundation off my face after I use my oil cleanser (Nip+Fab Oil Cleanser) very well.

Overall, a good, cheap cleanser that is suitable for sensitive skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by alohahawaii

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive skin and I do not like those creamy cleansers. I like foam and it is rather difficult to actually find one that does not dry out your skin or cause reactions. This isn't a fancy face wash with lots of bells & whistles, but it does what it needs to do without drying my skin out or cause any reactions. It would be wonderful if I could tolerate pretty scents, but unfortunately I am not the lucky one. For those of you who are looking for a simple foaming face wash that doesn't aggrivate skin conditions you may have, this is the cleanser for you. I tried going back to Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, but found it too drying for my skin. It is simple and on a budget note.....not too bad for the pocketbook.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 9:29:00 AM More reviews by StephB

I have combination skin that gets very oily in my t-zone. I also break out easily and have rosacea that flares up easily on my nose lately. I need to use products that are good for sensitive skin, that won't break me out or leave me an oil slick by mid morning.

This cleanser is a very nice basic cleanser for my difficult skin. However, like several other "foaming" cleansers, it doesn't foam upon facial contact only. You must follow the directions on the package for it to work properly an foam and not leave a residue..."wet hands and face. Pump into hand. Splash product with water, work into a lather and massage on skin. Rinse off with warm water." The lather is created in your hands BEFORE applying the product to the face. When used this way, it rinses cleanly and easily.

My skin, though oily, can get dry in the cool months. This cleanser has never made it feel dry or stripped, nor has is made it feel like there's still a residue left behind. It also rinses my makeup off cleanly. I do use a separate eye makeup remover though.

It's a nice basic cleanser for someone who needs something for sensitive skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by asunta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

On my third bottle of this cleanser. Very gentle and effective after pre-cleansing with jojoba oil. However, I have read reviews where people are saying this leaves a residue. The best way to use this product is to dispense a small amount in your hands and dilute with a little water, then mix it in your hands before applying to your skin. Straight up this cleanser can be heavy and hard to wash off and may even irritate. I love the scent and how gentle this can be. In the morning it removes the night time residue and at night its great for removing the last traces of makeup. Smells great too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 3:36:00 AM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice, simple cleanser that doesn't dry my skin out. I have sensitive, acne-proned skin that can easily be dry esp. around the nose and mouth area and the last thing I want to do it irritate it. It foams really nicely and doesn't dry my skin out. I use it in conjunction with the Olay sensitive skin spy 15 lotion, and my skin feel very comfortable. Overall, it does its job. Great for sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A nice face wash, cleans my skin, foams up nicely, and leaves no residue behind.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by savyy

This is definitely not for my sensitive skin though it claims to be. After a couple of uses, I got blotchy bumpy skin. I have to say though that it is awesome at removing makeup.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by erica420

Meh. I hate the smell, but I can't really complain because I bought it because it's unscented. It doesn't leave a tight feeling afterwards, but I don't feel like it cleans very well. It doesn't have the foam consistency I would like it to have.