Dior DiorShow Mascara Waterproof

3.3

on 3/30/2011 11:22:00 PM

For the price I expected much more. This is no better than the average drugstore mascara. I could take it or leave it. Would not repurchase.

Clinique High Impact is still the best I'be tried so far.

on 3/18/2011 3:20:00 AM

smudges. i just wasted my hard-earned cash on a mascara that promises everything and it smudges!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I hate to ruin the stellar reputation of this product but i found it really disappointing. My lashes usually have no problem holding a curl but I noticed tey would fall everytime i would use this. I tried it with the dior lash plumping serum with the same result. I found that as far as mascara goes, nothing beats drugstore brands especially since the shelflife of mascaras should be 3 months.

PROS:
- volumizing
- great matte black color
- brush is fantastic

CONS:
- smudges
- doesn't lengthen much
- too heavy, does not hold a curl (this was a deal breaker for me)
- dries out pretty quickly

on 3/6/2011 9:44:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

SO disappointed. I had high hopes for this mascara. It doesn't cause raccoon eyes, but it does weigh my lashes down. After curling my lashes with my shu curler, they straighten back out with this thick formula.

The brush is very thick and large, very easy to be clumsy with.

It has a bad smell too

on 2/16/2011 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I'm a Lancome mascara person and have been for nearly 20 years. But a friend convinced me to try this one and yet I bought a waterproof one by accident. What I disliked the most about this mascara is the brush which is too big and clumsy and I have to try really hard to avoid transfering the color to my eye lids. It's really very easy to mess up, just like another reviewer said before me. Other than that, it's not really bad, it doesn't create clumps, gives an okay lenght and volume, even curls the lashes a bit. But it doesn't do anything dramatical. However, buying a waterproof one surprisingly turned out to be a good thing beacause it doesn't wear off like a non waterproof one would. And it's not at all hard to remove if you use 2-phase makeup removers (I use Lancome Bi-Facil). I still think I'll go back to my regular Lancome mascaras though. Or maybe if I could work a Lancome wand with this mascara haha!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was so very disappointed in this product. First, the appplication wand is longand ackward. The brush is too large for getting at the corners of my deep set eyes. It went on nice and looked great initially but this mascara is smudge city! I tried changing foundations, moisturizers, eye shadow primers and still it smudged under my eyes in less than 3 hours. Definitely not worth the $24 price tag.

on 1/23/2011 2:07:00 PM

Honestly I am not a huge fan of this mascara. For the price you could definitely get better in my opinion. I find it a pain to get off after a night out. I also think it becomes very dry and I really do favour the Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express over this product or perhaps the Lancome Virtuose. I do have already naturally black lashes, i'd never had a waterproof mascara before and this definitely is waterproof but to me it sometimes can clump and just seems a little... flakey? If thats the right word to use. It isn't the worse mascara but I will say that i won't be spending out the money to buy this product again, Infact my main reason for kind of liking it is the sleek packaging and the extremely long wand.

on 12/31/2010 9:48:00 AM

I LOVE love LOVE love this mascara!! One coat of this stuff blows everything else I've tried out of the water. I get zero clumps, even on the second coat. I don't even need to curl my lashes after using it. I did have issues with getting it off the first few days I tried it. I would still get a lot coming off in the shower the next morning, but I found some Maybelline Expert Eyes (Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover) in the version for Waterproof Eye Makeup... its cheap and works wonders!

on 12/30/2010 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Huge and I mean huge wand!
Very easy to mess up.
1 coat gave good length.
2nd coat gave WOW length.
Volume is great.
Clump free!
Lifts lashes very high.
Separates
Multiplies
Volume is not dramatically dark
My lashes looked fake!
Hard to remove. Very hard.
Almost perfect mascara. I would love to try this in the non waterproof version.
Not in my budget unfortunately. Need a cheaper option!

on 12/30/2010 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

HG mascara. I'm on my billionth tube of this, so barring the loss of both of my eyes, I imagine I'll be repurchasing ;) I buy this in brown for everyday, (I'm currently very light blonde, and it just looks more natural) and black for stronger looks. I adore the giant brush, it really does get every last lash. It doesn't flake until it's getting old, so when it flakes I know it's time to re-up. I'm a devotée of waterproof mascara, because you just never know when you're going to get something in your eye and end up with raccoon face. Yes, WP is harder to get off, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. I use Shu Uemura cleansing oil to wash my face, and it dissolves all of my makeup like a dream, mascara included. Ladies who don't use an oil-based cleanser will probably need a good remover. I like L'Oréal Clean Artiste.