July 31, 2014 | 1058 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - DiorShow Mascara Waterproof

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2010 6:51:00 PM More reviews by LesR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Huge and I mean huge wand!
Very easy to mess up.
1 coat gave good length.
2nd coat gave WOW length.
Volume is great.
Clump free!
Lifts lashes very high.
Separates
Multiplies
Volume is not dramatically dark
My lashes looked fake!
Hard to remove. Very hard.
Almost perfect mascara. I would love to try this in the non waterproof version.
Not in my budget unfortunately. Need a cheaper option!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by A88A

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

HG mascara. I'm on my billionth tube of this, so barring the loss of both of my eyes, I imagine I'll be repurchasing ;) I buy this in brown for everyday, (I'm currently very light blonde, and it just looks more natural) and black for stronger looks. I adore the giant brush, it really does get every last lash. It doesn't flake until it's getting old, so when it flakes I know it's time to re-up. I'm a devotée of waterproof mascara, because you just never know when you're going to get something in your eye and end up with raccoon face. Yes, WP is harder to get off, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. I use Shu Uemura cleansing oil to wash my face, and it dissolves all of my makeup like a dream, mascara included. Ladies who don't use an oil-based cleanser will probably need a good remover. I like L'Oréal Clean Artiste.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by shattaran

I love this mascara! It's waterproof and doesn't shed at all, but it comes off easily with soap/makeup remover. I already have black lashes, but the black shade really nicely thickens and lengthens my lashes without looking unnatural. This mascara really does look naturally beautiful, I absolutely love it. It also has a nice rose scent. I can't imagine ever using a different mascara (and trust me, I've tried a lot- from Makeup Forever to Covergirl)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by angelmarie82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just purchased this product at Sephora, i love it. I am into full lashes, and have tried tons of mascara, my favorite before this was plush lash by mac, which i still love, but this one gives and even more lush full lash effect. It is also not hard to take off, some mascaras you have to rub your eye forever even with makeup remover, but this one is just perfect all around. It is the most expensive mascara i have purchased at 24.00, but it is well worth it to me!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by maithy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought it in hurry at a duty free without knowing about this . Base on the good and bad reviews here I was so curious, I had to check it out right away. Unfortunately, the result I got was on the bad side.
_ Package: It comes in a chic package, the brush is quite big yet soft, I like that the liquid doesnt stick over on the brush, just the right amount. It contains 11,5ml which is much more than usual mascaras just 6,5 to 8ml. Enlarge ur choice with 3 shades: black, brown, blue. Wow, sounds like an interesting product... but....
_ Quality: I do not know why they name it "Diorshow backstage", What do u think bout those words? Luxury, super models, impression right? But the reality is opposite, It doesnt show anything except the longer (bout 30%), Curling? Yeap, it does curl my lashes a bit n hold them for long although I didnt use curler ( I think we can do more with a curler). Volume ? Not at all, Im wondering why people complained its clumsy while it doesnt add any volume, I can say it separates and makes ur eyelashes look natural, if u wear it just 1 coat, nobody knows ur wearing mascara. Anyway, I always use an eyelashes brush after applying mascara although its clumsy or not to ensure a smooth finish.Thats it! For who be blessed with beautiful eyelashes, u can use it for an innocent, natural look. But for anyone have thin, medium-short lashes like me, or who want a drama look, this mascara is rubbish.
_ You guys would say this mascara helps prolong and curling lashes, its not too bad. Yeap until u see the racoon eyes, I wore it few times and had noticed it smudged on my lower eyelids just in half hour if my eyelids were moist or I use concealer without setting powder. If my eyelids/under eye areas were completely dry, it wouldnt smudge until 3 hrs. But Dior, u claimed its waterproof, 3 hrs in the best condition is not a good deal man !!! I cant imagine what would I look like with it while Im soaking in the rain. Personally, I dont think a mascara is worth buying if it smudges easily whatever the best effect it would give. People will focus on the ridiculous black rings under your eyes, not on ur beautiful eyes.
_ About the removal, it's normal as many waterproof mascara, I didnt feel it was harder.
_ I ve wore drugstore mascaras like L'oreal Double Extension in beauty tubes or Maybelline Volume Express hypercurl waterproof, the beauty effects were much better, a lot cheaper and they didnt smudge all day, especially the Double extension. If u want a high end, try Kose Volume Gradation mascara (3 shades too), does not smudge any fleck n waterproof til 15 hrs in summer heat. Thats my HG mascara forever! Whaterver u buy, please do not waste ur money with this mascara, out there a lot mascaras for ur choice. I cant believe I spent 30 dollars for it :(
P/S: I bought this with the compact foundation Dior x4 Control, the powder sucks just like this mascara, it didnt do what it claimed. I have to be skeptical with Dior stuffs from now on.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by yian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best mascara I've ever tried. I have super short and sparse lashes, and this mascara lengthens, thickens, and just does everything a mascara's supposed to do. It does smudge, but not unreasonably so. I would recommend this over the non-waterproof version, since that one smugdes way too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by EmiIy_MicheIle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE THIS! I'm really surprised by the reviews actually... I have short thin lashes and this stuff is just absolutely amazing, adds length and volume without clumping, a little goes a long way and it really does last all day. I wouldn't say it's literally waterproof, but it does take a lot to smudge it. i'll def buy this again, it's my HG :)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2010 2:10:00 AM More reviews by molago

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yes the color is great and yes the volume is amazing, but it smudges and runs, making the other benefits pointless.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by faustino

I have very short lashes that grow straight and outwards. This mascara curls (even if I don't have my eyelash curler handy) and leaves you with the blackest black that you'll ever get. My lashes look so long whenever I have Diorshow on :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2010 12:39:00 AM More reviews by ET3638

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

So.... I heard a bunch of great reviews about this mascara but never really read any on MUA. It's too bad I didn't though, would have saved me 30 CAD.

This mascara is wonderful because it lengthens your lashes, as well as volumizing like no other. Makes my lashes feel soft and not stiff like other mascaras. On top of that, it holds a curl for hours and hours on end, until I decide to take it off in the evening. HOWEVER, because my lids get super oily, it smudges on the bottom lash area ALL DAY long, no matter how many times I use kleenex to wipe up the smudge, it returns hours later. It is extremely annoying to have to sit there an make sure I don't look like a freak with smudged mascara on my lower lashes. I also find that when I tear because I've yawned once too many times, and I dab my eyes with a kleenex, mascara is actually being transfered from my lashes, to the kleenex. I thought it was supposed to be waterproof? I guess my lids are just too oddly oily that it breaks down the mascara? Not too sure... But I didn't return this product in time, so now I'm stuck with the fact that I paid 30 CAD for this mascara that's just going to sit in my makeup drawer until winter time hits (maybe my oily skin will calm down by then, and it won't smudge like it is in the summer heat). I'll try it again in October. But as of right now, 3 lippes! And the search for HG mascara continues....!