October 25, 2014 | 1828 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Foundation brush

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by lindadomini

Never used a foundation brush before but wanted to try it out so decided to get the cheapest one I could find and experiment. Overall, I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to the product (note the 3 lippies) but there are things worth noting. Pro/con? You decide...
- The bristles feel like plastic. Feels a little rough and dense when applying makeup. Does streak if you don't take the time to blend but the brush does offer heavier coverage than the sponge I was using. I take the time to blend it out and love the coverage when i use this brush with my heavier liquid foundation. Haven't used it for powder foundations because I tend to use kabuki brushes for those.
- The bristles dry very quickly after washing them. I tend to wash the brush after every application and the brush is dry for the next day. Despite washing it everyday, no problems with the yellow bristles falling out.
- The cost was definitely budget-friendly. I was more than happy to pay a dollar to experiment and was pleased that it worked well enough for me to continue to use it.
- I'm sure the more expensive ones with better bristles would do a better job but I didn't want to spend a bunch of money while being a novice at this new application technique.
Overall, I'd say gamble with a dollar and see how you like it. Definitely best for novices... not for those product junkies that have plenty of experience with brands and technique.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2012 3:05:00 AM More reviews by jeanhinampas

I hate this.... didn't do anything to make my skin look flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by mdon1

I don't know why people are complaining about this brush. what do you expect for 1.50? I have never used a brush to apply foundation before, I have always used my fingers. I decided to try it however, and it only makes your face look streaky if you don't use it properly! you have to blend it in. Yes the brush is a little flimsy but as I have said, what do you expect for the price? It's not exactly going to be of the same quality as a MAC brush that costs 20+. I personally love it and I would buy it again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2012 9:52:00 AM More reviews by applecour

I love this brush. It's never been streaky for me when applying liquid or cream foundations. I actually really like it for using powder foundations and concealers around my eyes as well. It's the perfect size, and it's soft yet firm. Not to mention it was $1. What more can you ask for? My HG foundation brush!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Got this free with an ELF order and decided to give it a go even though I usually have good results applying my foundation with my fingers. I actually quite liked the style of the brush with the orange / yellow coloured bristles and the white handle - makes it easy to find in my stack of brushes (good for when you're doing your makeup in the morning and still only half awake). Although the packaging does make it look very cheap. Anyway I gave it such a low review because it streaked terribly and it used up a lot of product. Just glad I didn't pay for it and got it for free!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Redbone21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought 3 of these thinking it was like my Clinique foundation brush. Boy was i wrong. This brush doesnt do well for my liquid foundation however i do like using this brush for primers so i guess its not a total loss

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by ItsAClove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think it all depends on how you work with this brush. It's true that this does leave streaks but it can be blended out. I use an Almay foundation which gives a translucent look on my first light layer of product, but then I pat in my second layer which gives me a natural look with good coverage. It's all about the blending!, that's how you get the best look for your foundation. This is also the first time I've used a foundation brush so I can't compare with other brushes, but I just work with what I have :). When/if this breaks, I'll probably either repurchase this or the flat-top brush since I'm quite curious about that one too.
EDIT: I've moved on to the flat-top brush, which I really like, but I'll still use this brush if I can't get around to cleaning my flat-top brush. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2012 4:37:00 AM More reviews by angelabasinillo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Kinda gives a plastic feel. This does not blend foundation well and leaves streaks.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 7:09:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I don't find its quality good enough to use for applying foundation with. Just so that I can get some use out of it, I do tend to use it for applying primer to my face from time to time.

Overall, I HIGHLY recommend passing this brush up.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2012 3:29:00 AM More reviews by FaithLPS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Something which is good to have but def not a must have. I use it for my cream highlighter or concealor sometimes. Seldom used it for foundation application as the brush is too small its good when you want it to get into the broken cap of your nose and stuff like that. I will rather pay a higher price for a better brush. Packaging wise the handle is a little unstable like it might break off anytime (exaggerated) heard many people pointing out this con too. Overall, i will recommend to starter or to use it as a concealor brush instead :) SGD$3