August 23, 2014 | 1849 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Foundation brush

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2012 3:05:00 AM More reviews by jeanhinampas

I hate this.... didn't do anything to make my skin look flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by mdon1

I don't know why people are complaining about this brush. what do you expect for 1.50? I have never used a brush to apply foundation before, I have always used my fingers. I decided to try it however, and it only makes your face look streaky if you don't use it properly! you have to blend it in. Yes the brush is a little flimsy but as I have said, what do you expect for the price? It's not exactly going to be of the same quality as a MAC brush that costs 20+. I personally love it and I would buy it again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2012 9:52:00 AM More reviews by applecour

I love this brush. It's never been streaky for me when applying liquid or cream foundations. I actually really like it for using powder foundations and concealers around my eyes as well. It's the perfect size, and it's soft yet firm. Not to mention it was $1. What more can you ask for? My HG foundation brush!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Got this free with an ELF order and decided to give it a go even though I usually have good results applying my foundation with my fingers. I actually quite liked the style of the brush with the orange / yellow coloured bristles and the white handle - makes it easy to find in my stack of brushes (good for when you're doing your makeup in the morning and still only half awake). Although the packaging does make it look very cheap. Anyway I gave it such a low review because it streaked terribly and it used up a lot of product. Just glad I didn't pay for it and got it for free!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Redbone21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought 3 of these thinking it was like my Clinique foundation brush. Boy was i wrong. This brush doesnt do well for my liquid foundation however i do like using this brush for primers so i guess its not a total loss

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by ItsAClove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think it all depends on how you work with this brush. It's true that this does leave streaks but it can be blended out. I use an Almay foundation which gives a translucent look on my first light layer of product, but then I pat in my second layer which gives me a natural look with good coverage. It's all about the blending!, that's how you get the best look for your foundation. This is also the first time I've used a foundation brush so I can't compare with other brushes, but I just work with what I have :). When/if this breaks, I'll probably either repurchase this or the flat-top brush since I'm quite curious about that one too.
EDIT: I've moved on to the flat-top brush, which I really like, but I'll still use this brush if I can't get around to cleaning my flat-top brush. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2012 4:37:00 AM More reviews by angelabasinillo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Kinda gives a plastic feel. This does not blend foundation well and leaves streaks.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 7:09:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I don't find its quality good enough to use for applying foundation with. Just so that I can get some use out of it, I do tend to use it for applying primer to my face from time to time.

Overall, I HIGHLY recommend passing this brush up.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2012 3:29:00 AM More reviews by FaithLPS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Something which is good to have but def not a must have. I use it for my cream highlighter or concealor sometimes. Seldom used it for foundation application as the brush is too small its good when you want it to get into the broken cap of your nose and stuff like that. I will rather pay a higher price for a better brush. Packaging wise the handle is a little unstable like it might break off anytime (exaggerated) heard many people pointing out this con too. Overall, i will recommend to starter or to use it as a concealor brush instead :) SGD$3

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by msaunderscam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is CRAP, and the only reason that I said that I would buy this product again is because I use them for halloween costume makeup. They're cheap and inexpensive, and do wonders with the halloween cream makeups. I still have to blend out with a sponge afterwards, but either way, they're only good for that! Garbage. I'd rather buy a couple of gumballs with my $1.