December 18, 2014 | 1820 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2013 5:30:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There's a reason this is one of the top sellers of LUSH products!

I love the scent, lavender is what I smell most. And I love the fact that it's gentle yet exfoliating. It's perfect for daily use. It doesn't remove any of my makeup though, so I need to use a makeup remover first.
This calms my skin and helps with redness, and seems to help with pimple prevention.
It's not overly cheap though, and it doesn't have the longest expiry date so make sure you check the date before you purchase.
I'm not a major fan of the tub because it might get contaminated dipping fingers in but I don't think there's any other way you could store this product. It's too think for a pump or tube.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a fantastic product. It's my HG exfoliator because it's gentle, effective, makes my skin feel incredibly soft, smells great, and it's not too expensive. I love how Lush use minimum preservatives and maximum natural, good quality ingredients. The packaging is awful, like people say, but it shows that you're paying for the actual product. I don't find that it makes my face feel greasy - it doesn't give that squeaky clean feeling but that's why it's good because it makes the face feel silky soft. I also find that when I pat my face dry with a towel after rinsing, it feels fine, and maybe people are overlooking this because of being put off by how unsqeaky clean their face feels immediately after rinsing. I have oily skin and this isn't greasy on me - just balancing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing. I have really sensitive skin, and rosacea. This stuff is easy and quick to use, and calms my skin immediately. All you need is a tiny pinch (I actually use a dental floss pick to pinch off the product). Wet your whole face and mix the product into a paste, and massage it into your skin. All I have to say is make sure you wash every last bit off because any part that doesnt get washed off could make your skin itchy. This stuff made my skin feel so clean and soft; like nothing else!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Helen1415

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I honestly thought this product was going to work for me, but it hasn't done anything to my skin. I don't mind the smell,and it's a unique cleansers. However, I read so many good reviews, so I was looking forward to use it, I've had it for about 2 weeks and seen no improvement, i have such sensitive skin so I'm happy it didn't irritate it. I was hoping for it to get rid of my spots but it didn't. disappointed:(

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2013 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Vassgirl1997

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Before anyone reads this, just a disclaimer that I am not yet done with this review!! :)

I purchased AOBS around 3 weeks ago and let me tell you I am almost finished with the pot (I think I got the small pot?) because this cleanser literally gets so messy, I find myself using more than I probably should. I'll take a little puddle of water in my hand and then take some AOBS and put it in there so it makes the water milky and then I will gently apply it to my face and cleanse away, but I find that half of it falls off my face and into the sink leaving a big mess behind.The texture is kinda like a thick solid pudding (that makes sense? haha) with bits of lavender and ground almonds (I think) that subtly exfoliate your face which I do really like. It comes off easily which is a big plus. After I've dried my face, my face feels baby smooth literally! It's so nice. I follow up with a natural anti-acne toner, a moisturizer, a sunscreen if in morning or differin/avene triacneal if at night.

As for effects on my skin, I cant really tell you that I have noticed much different in terms of evening out skintone, which it claims. My scars and redness are still lingering. I was unfortunately blessed with a very uneven skintone/acne (which is mild) and blemishes. I can tell you that Im breaking out very very badly around my jawline/hairline/sides of nose and cheeks in those stupid annoying flesh colour bumps yet I don't know if I should put it down to this because girls its that time of the month if you get me/I've swapped moisturizers and I'm very stressed due to school. There's so many factors that I could be breaking out, but normally I don't have bad skin around this time so I'm just putting into consideration that this may not be strong enough to keep my skin consistent and more or less clear. Some of the bumps have come to those nasty red spots that hurt too. I'm willing to keep trying with this as I would like to swap out the nasty chemicals in anti-acne medicinal cleansers etc. so I will finish the tub and then update the review to say whether my skin went back to normal after this week :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Nai92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Angels On Bare Skin is one of the best Vegan face cleansers I've use yet. It's gentle exfoliant texture makes my skin smooth and due to the almond base when you add a little water to the small amount on your palm and mix it around to make a paste it moisturises really well. The lavender buds and scent is so delightful. Other vegan cleansers have left my face dry feeling and I got little under the skin surface bumps, not pimples. I use this with the Imperialis Moisturiser from Lush too. I have seriously fallen in love with all my Lush products!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Bought this online for NZ$18.90 and I am impressed. It looks like a small tub (and it is haha) but considering the amount of product you use each time it is worth it. I use this as my daily cleanser and so far it has been great. I use it after taking off my makeup with MAC cleanse off oil - but because my face has been breaking out ridiculously lately I'm going to swap out all of my products when I have used them up. That is why I bought AOBS, because I wanted something natural to try and help. Love the smell, and the texture which is creamy but soft-grainy, so it lightly exfoliates as well. I love it how you can feel the oils left on your skin afterwards as well. It just leaves your skin so soft and really clean.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 3:42:00 AM More reviews by Limwen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am on to my second little tub of this cleanser. I love that it feels so natural and medieval to use! A gentle scrub with an almond meal base, this lavender-scented clay cleanser makes my skin so soft and perfectly prepared for moisturising and makeup. I'll swear it is also helping to control the cystic acne I get on my jaw, which is so helpful! My skin, aside from the hormonal acne issues on my jaw, is actually very dry and this lovely stuff helps to sort that out, too. An all round great cleanser and such a treat to use. Oh, I must add that while it isn't cheap...around $18.50NZ, it lasts for ages! It's a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by violingrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm on my 4th or 5th tub of this now and i LOVE it. It's technically a scrub, but it's super gentle. I use this every couple of days (I use Purity Made Simple the rest of the time) and it keeps my skin smooth, soft, and hydrated. I also use this to scrub my legs before I shave, and it keeps razor burn at bay. This is a really excellent product, well worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by marthamagic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best cleanser ever for my skin.
When I turned 20 I suddenly started getting spots and I used all the harsh face washes out there to find that salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide didn't work on my skin, they just make it sore because it's so sensitive.

I turned to Lush about a year ago and decided that Angels was the right cleanser for me. When I first bought it I was immediately put off by the smell as it's rather strong, but I got used to it and oh my god, the difference to my skin was incredible, I stopped getting new spots and the redness calmed down as did the oiliness on my t-zone. I eventually ran out of money as a poor student and had to stop buying it.
A year later my skin was a total mess again after going on a different pill which totally ruined my face and then changing to a nicer one. However I still had really bad spots so I decided to try the ultrabland challenge which stopped my spots from hurting but I was still having massive breakouts every other day, so I decided to try Angels again and 2 days into using it again my skin is clearing up, my spots aren't painful and I don't have any new spots either.
I now use ultrabland to remove my makeup at night and angels in the morning and my skin is getting better and better.
This is such a good product for acne prone combination skin as it moisturises whilst balancing and I could not recommend it more!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No