April 17, 2014 | 913 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by BehindtheMayCup

I don't even know where to begin with this product..
I've been using this product since Cyber Monday( and today is 2-3-13 and the product expires 2-13-13), but a few weeks after using it I felt as if it was affecting my skin in a bad way so I discontinued using it and it just sat in a drawer for a month and a half. The thing with this cleanser, due to all the natural ingredients, is there is only a 3 month shelf life, and if you actually follow the pea sized amount I think you wouldn't be able to finish it in time, and a lot of product would be wasted. If you think you're going to have a problem with the shelf life storing it in the fridge can prolonge it. As it was just sitting in the drawer one day I came across it, and decided to use it again because my skin was itchy and flaky. I guess one of the reasons I stopped using it was the smell, at firt I couldn't get past the smell, but now I don't mind it and actually find it calming. I usually use this when I shower and I just take about 3 peas in size, and put it in the palm of my hand and put some water in it and mash it up until it has a milky consistency. Then I massage it into my face, very lightly because remember it's an exfoliant, for about 1 minute and let it sit on my face for about 3 minute while I do my deep conditioner for my hair. Then I wash it off and my face feels so amazing, and this is definitely super moisturizing. My skin is starting to really heal and restore itself. I just purchased a new pot and this time an 8.8 oz for about $30 dollars and I'm really excited. I originially had the 3.5 oz pot and it was $14 dollars. I absolutely believe it's worth the price. And if you're done with all those nasty chemical treatments I believe this is the cleanser for you. Some people even say it removes make up, which I've never tried because I pair this with my Purity Cleanser by Philosophy, so I can't really say. Overall, I LOVE this cleanser and it's definitely my HG cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Parpar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was on the Lush train in high school; I am 20 now and recently went back on the train but AOBS did not work out for my skin. I more so have uneven skin texture rather than acne. But I used this for a few nights after I took off my make-up with a gentle cleanser and my skin just looked more congested, pimply and ugly with this! I know this contributed to more pimples because this was the only thing I added to my skincare regimen (along with a couple nights with the Oatfix mask). It seems like it left a film on my skin, therefore causing blemishes. However the actual exfoliating bits are great, and not rough like traditional exfoliators. How do I explain this...like the dead skin is getting off of my face but it doesn't aggravate my skin...nonetheless, it made me break-out and I will not use it. I have Herbalism and I shall try that out and see how it fares.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by plasticliche

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I was superexcited to buy this product and to finally say goodbye to nasty chemical cleansers, but I don't think Angel on bare skin is right for me. My skin is normal, a bit oily on the t-zone but I'm not acne-prone and my only issue are a few of blackheads, but when I first used this my face literally EXPLODED with blemishes. I thought that maybe it was because my skin needed to adapt, in fact after a few days the blemishes disappeared and I felt my skin was very hydrated. But then I started to notice an alarming amount of blackheads and dilated pores.
I don't understand, I thought this product was meant to exfoliate and purify your skin while mine seems to be getting worse and worse.
I think I'm going to try another Lush cleanser and if it doesn't work I might go back to chemical ones - at least they work!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Liannabelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this face wash! It exfoliates your skin beautifully! The very first time I used this face wash, my face was sooo soft. I love it because it is made out of natural ingredients instead of harsh chemicals and its not one of those exfoliators that harm your skin when you scrub it, perfect for people with sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Sweryn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a messy, overly-fraganced "cleanser" that doesn't do anything for your skin but irritating it. I just don't get the raves. This left my skin dry and irritated and didn't do the job in removing any dirt or oil. It has tons of fragrance, and fragrance just feels toxic and it can actually irritate your skin. Plus, this got moldy after 2 months of purchasing it... gross, I know. One of the worst cleansers I've ever used.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2013 8:33:00 AM More reviews by alyy9

PROS:
# natural ingredients, no nasty chemicals!
# extremely moisturising
# lavender scent
# light daily exfoliant

CONS:
# doesn't remove make up well
# expiry date, I half it with my boyfriend

I feel it is more of a moisturiser then a cleanser, would definitely buy again though, as it has cured my dry skin on my face immensely in this dry aussie summer! Also don't mind the packaging, you can return 5 for a free tub of fresh face mask :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by azazel0805

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is really expensive, but ugh, I'm in love with it and will most likely be buying it again after I've used up my current tub. I love how this smells! I've seen some people complaining about the smell, but mine smells so good - it just smells heavily of chamomile and almonds which I love. I wonder if it just depends on where it was made? The stuff we get at my local LUSH store come from Japan, which I'm really happy about because products made in Japan generally tend to be of high quality based on experience.
This is a really gentle scrub that leaves your face soft and smooth. I don't use toner when I use this cleanser because it works well on its own. I do, however, have to use another cleanser before Angels on Bare Skin if I've been wearing makeup because this is too gentle to remove all traces of makeup. So Coalface + Angels on Bare Skin at night and Angels on Bare Skin in the morning is a pretty good routine. I alternate this with Dark Angels :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by butchesa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love AOBS! While I am still interested in exploring Lush's other cleansers, this is far and above superior to any other product I've ever used on my face. I had terrible acne as a teenager and it's plagued me into adulthood - after years of trying to beat it into submission with harsh drugstore cleansers and prescription medications, I had given up on finding anything that would ever work on my sensitive, combination, acne-prone skin. Cue my introduction to Lush. This cleanser has a soft, milky texture with lightly exfoliating properties. While it won't lather in the same way as many drugstore cleansers, don't let that fool you - this is very effective and leaves my skin baby soft. I pinch a small amount (between the size of a pea and a bean) into my hand and massage water into it to make a paste, which I use on my face. I find this works best in the shower in the mornings - using it over the sink can be a little messy, hence why I only gave this 4/5 stars - but the lavender and oats keep this scrub calming enough that you could use it at night without issue.

If you will be the only one using AOBS, I would recommend the smaller of the two sizes Lush offers - it's the perfect amount to go through before it expires.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely amazing cleanser!!! I've been meaning to try this out for the last few years but have been constantly put off by the smell. However, I bought a small tub last week, used it for seven days and I love it!!! Like others, I agree that its an excellent morning cleanser and leaves my skin baby soft and smooth! And the smell is not so obvious when you only use a pea-size amount on the face. I'm definitely buying a bigger tub of this later to share with my sister!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 4:37:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

Great cleanser, smells divine, applies to face beautifully cleanses well all around a fantastic product!