July 25, 2014 | 1746 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Polydroogie

This did nothing for me at all. Is no good for removing makeup, maybe it will do good as a morning cleanser. It did made my forehead more oily than it already is, so combo acne prone skin, this isn't a product for you

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by TheBreat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was pretty skeptical about this cleanser. I have incredibly dry skin. I have two chronic health issues that dry out my skin. I can never find a cleanser that is gentle enough to not suck out all the moisture leaving my face feeling tight and flaky even combined with a moisturizer. I also have never had an exfoliation product that hasn't dried out and irritated my skin. I was really intrigued by the method of using it, so I went ahead and bought a small amount.

I took off my makeup before I used it since it does not remove makeup at all. The exfoliation did not hurt or irritate my skin. I rinsed it off much easier than I thought, and I could not believe how SOFT and supple my skin felt afterward! I was immediately sold.

I have been using this for two weeks now, and my face has never been softer. I always rub my face a bit after cleansing, because I still can't believe the softness! Every time I go into the bathroom I have to huff the container, because it smells so amazing. I'm headed back to Lush this weekend to buy a big chunk of it!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by ilymarian

Maybe it's because this product isn't for acne-prone skin, but it did nothing for me. The smell was really nice. Easy to use. However, I didn't get the baby soft skin that other users have gotten. On top of that, it made me break out, so I had to go back to Herbalism.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Sanjibab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This didn't really help with my acne scars but it did make my skin feel clean and fresh in the morning. I wouldn't use it to remove make up but its definitely one of those cleansers that would wake you up in the morning. It smells lovely although some of you may not be a fan of the lavender smell coming from it. All in all I would rate it a 3/5 merely because it doesn't do much for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 8:11:00 AM More reviews by joanne150406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can understand why this is one of Lush's best selling products because really is great.

I use it daily - where I either mix it with herbalism or dark angels, because on its own its not heavy duty enough for my skin. I grab a pea sized amount and form a paste in my palm, and then cleanse for around 30 seconds. It leaves my skin feeling really refreshed and clean.

I'm a big fan of all of the lush cleansers really and I've repurchased a few tubs of this. They just work really well with my skin, and I feel like I am doing my skin a big favour using natural products.

Having clean and clear skin is really important to me - and recently I've tried making sure all the cleansing products I use are natural. For me Lush cleansers tick all the boxes!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2013 4:05:00 AM More reviews by devitini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

FLORAL ALLERGIES? BEWARE! This product contains chamomile and left my poor wife broken out in hives for days following a terrible allergic reaction.

That aside, this product does not live up to the hype for me. I will agree that this probably works well for those who have sensitive (non-allergy) skin, and helps to calm redness (again, in those without allergies!). A pleasant, calming scent. Left my skin feeling soft, but not particularly "clean". Definitely does not remove make-up. A very small amount of abrasive, so not ideal for good exfoliation. This is probably alright for a light morning wash when you have nothing on your face.

Buyer beware if you're purchasing in-store: ALWAYS check the expiration date! A sales associate brought me a heaping container that promptly expired within 3 weeks - $16 of product and the vast majority of it thrown in the trash because I didn't realize the expiration date prior to purchasing! Hint: if you purchase online, they will send you a fresh batch. ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Iridessa

My husband bought this for me at the suggestion of a sales person when he was told LTGTR was discontinued. I don't really like the fact there's bits of lavender in it, but I decided to try it anyway. The smell is really strong, I don't mind lavender, but this was too strong. I wouldn't consider my skin sensitive at all. In fact, one of my favorite fresh face masks is Brazoned Honey which some people think stings a lot. I also would consider my skin a combination of oily and normal. My t-zone is very oily and I feel like I get pools of oil around my nostrils and my chin area, but my cheeks are normal. This stuff dried my skin out so badly my face felt tight as if I used that orange bar from Nuetrogena. On top of the dryness, my face burned so bad I wanted to rip my skin off, and it was burning for over an hour after use. Later my husband told me my face had turned bright red which is bad considering I have medium tan skin tone. I also don't like the exfoliation. It's not scrubby enough for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by bethanaimeexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am not fussed on this. I hate the smell but the assistant told me that this is the cleanser that would work best on my sensitive dry skin. So far has not broke me out but is nothing special.

UPDATE: have been using this for a while now and it has helped with my skin tone drastically. It takes a few weeks to really take effect but my skin is now more even and brighter. I will definitely repurchase. I love how it comes in a solid form and you add your own water so that there is no need for preservatives. Such a nice gentle product. Lush skincare saved me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by archielester

Love this product! I prefer to use this in the morning when I want my skin to feel truly clean rather than overly soft. One of my favourite Lush products and its always a staple in my skin care regime. I have combination sensitive skin and I feel that this goes on really gently on my skin and also acts as an exfoliant.

Be warned, you end up making a mess in the sink!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by 1432

This cleanser is great! I use it when I take a shower because it is quite messy. This provides gentle exfoliation and cleanses great. I don't wear makeup so I don't have to worry about it not removing any but I don't think that's the purpose. The smell is ok and could take some time to get used to if you don't like it.

The packaging is ok. It comes in those clear plastic tubs. I wish it came in those black pots so that I got exchange 5 for a free fresh face mask.

The price isn't that bad either. You usually have to pay about $8-10 for Neutrogena and other facial cleansers and this product is only a couple bucks more. This product lasts me a bit more than a month for a little over 100g. So I think the price is decent.

Overall, this is a great product and I would buy again and recommend to anyone. It's good for all skin types.