MAC Frost - Vex

4.4

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol Eye Shadows may contain: Silica, Mice, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yello 5 Lake

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

neutral yet complex... one of my favs!

on 4/2/2010 8:14:00 PM

Love this color...application depends on rather or not I put a primer on. If I put UDPP Eden or Sin on before application...this looks amazing! If I try to apply this w/o any primer on...it SUCKS! That being said, I use this as an undertone to any shadow applied.

on 4/2/2010 4:17:00 PM

Vex is probably one the hardest colors to explain. It is a gorgeous duo-chrome frost. One of my HG's along with Patina and they happen to look gorgeous together. It looks grey in the pan. When the MA suggested this to me, I looked at her like she was crazy. But she said this was like 5 colors in one, blah blah. I bought it, tried it when I got home and instantly fell in love. Like others have said, it takes on a new shade depending on what you pair it with. When I put it on the lid, with Patina in the crease, kinda has a goldy, browny look to it. When I put it with Satin Taupe, it does the same thing. When you put a green in the crease (Sumptious Olive looks great with this), looks more green. With Shale, looks more purple. With Expensive Pink, looks....more pink, you following me? Even with a black to smoke it out in your outer V, it looks a little more grey. I also love that it is a frost and gives you that seamless look on your eyes. Its crazy that one eye shadow can do that. I am kind of falling out of love with HE e/s as I think the d/s has some great shades, but Vex along with Patina, I will continuously purchase. Truly is a beautiful 5 in 1 shadow :)

on 3/18/2010 8:50:00 PM

This is a gorgeous, complex color, somewhat grey-ish with pink shimmer in the pan. It has the potential to transform a look depending on the colors you pair it with. I love using this as an all-over lid color with Da Bling in the crease and Steamy on the lash line. It's a very fresh, spring-y look. With it's pink shimmer and it's green undertones Vex is able to pull both colors together nicely.
Will definitely repurchase.

on 3/6/2010 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i hit pan with this colour a couple of years ago and haven't brought it since cause i thought i would try other base colours but i'm missing vex its a gorgeous green with pink pearl that changes colour with different eyeshadows, i will buy this again, not to mention it last me four years using it everyday so its good value for money!

on 3/1/2010 5:04:00 PM

Vex is the beautiful complex color. Looking at the pain it is a light sliver/ grey with pink and green duo chrome. However when paired up with neutrals like all that glitters, vex turns into a beautiful beige color. When vex is paired up with purples and pinks it turns into a light pink/purple color, that is so beautiful. With greens it turns into a light green, same thing with blues. This color is so unique, I havent seen this color anywhere else. I would re buy this again and again. If you don't have this color in your collection, you need to go and get it like today. Staying power with UDPP is great. You will not be disappointed with this color.

on 3/1/2010 4:23:00 PM

I don't know why it took me so long to get this color. I guess looks are deceptive.
This is a very unique color, it is multidimensional, I cannot tell you that is silver, grey, pink... no no no. Looks very pretty once on the lids, I use it as an all over the lid with black e/s in the crease.
Recommended.

Vex is a complex colour, very unique shade not neutral in my opinion because of frost and the reflection of pinks/greens. I will buy it again because there is nothing else like this. I was apprehensive to buy it for a long time since I couldn't see what to use it with and its a frost and they tend to look cheap at times. I mean frosts are dangerous if you put too much and don't blend carefully. Vex is a very soft shadow in texture which i LOVE, light grey (not like electra) with green and pink colouring through it that is very pretty on its own. Your eyes will get noticed with this, its not a neutral in my opinion. Some say it is good as a highlighter and it is but the frost plays up the eyes alot. I get scared that I look too made up with this at times so I only wear it at night. Make sure you use a primer with this you don't want it going oily in the crease. I mix it with various other shades, Club, Knight Divine, Bronze, Woodwinked and great with Satin Taupe.

on 2/16/2010 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Vex is a beautiful lid colour, as well as a highlight colour. It flashes purple/green/silver.. depending on the angle you look at it. Use it over Blackground to amp up the duochrome-ness!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

For years i've passed on this e/s thinking it was weird and to be honest a little ugly. In the pot it looked light grey/green shade and i wasn't really feeling it, but many people raved about it and said it looked great with purple shades etc. I was intrigued on how it could work with a wide variety of shades. Let me tell you, it's true lol. Vex morphs into diffrent shades depending on the colors i pair it with. It looks more green when paired with humid, looks pinky-beige when paired with purples. It's crazy!! haha this is my new favorite e/s