October 24, 2014 | 1057 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Vex

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Elfarran

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a gorgeous, complex color, somewhat grey-ish with pink shimmer in the pan. It has the potential to transform a look depending on the colors you pair it with. I love using this as an all-over lid color with Da Bling in the crease and Steamy on the lash line. It's a very fresh, spring-y look. With it's pink shimmer and it's green undertones Vex is able to pull both colors together nicely.
Will definitely repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 5:36:00 AM More reviews by KISSNZ

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i hit pan with this colour a couple of years ago and haven't brought it since cause i thought i would try other base colours but i'm missing vex its a gorgeous green with pink pearl that changes colour with different eyeshadows, i will buy this again, not to mention it last me four years using it everyday so its good value for money!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2010 5:04:00 PM More reviews by SimplyIvy18

Vex is the beautiful complex color. Looking at the pain it is a light sliver/ grey with pink and green duo chrome. However when paired up with neutrals like all that glitters, vex turns into a beautiful beige color. When vex is paired up with purples and pinks it turns into a light pink/purple color, that is so beautiful. With greens it turns into a light green, same thing with blues. This color is so unique, I havent seen this color anywhere else. I would re buy this again and again. If you don't have this color in your collection, you need to go and get it like today. Staying power with UDPP is great. You will not be disappointed with this color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Exotichris

I don't know why it took me so long to get this color. I guess looks are deceptive.
This is a very unique color, it is multidimensional, I cannot tell you that is silver, grey, pink... no no no. Looks very pretty once on the lids, I use it as an all over the lid with black e/s in the crease.
Recommended.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2010 10:07:00 AM More reviews by olympialetantoli

Vex is a complex colour, very unique shade not neutral in my opinion because of frost and the reflection of pinks/greens. I will buy it again because there is nothing else like this. I was apprehensive to buy it for a long time since I couldn't see what to use it with and its a frost and they tend to look cheap at times. I mean frosts are dangerous if you put too much and don't blend carefully. Vex is a very soft shadow in texture which i LOVE, light grey (not like electra) with green and pink colouring through it that is very pretty on its own. Your eyes will get noticed with this, its not a neutral in my opinion. Some say it is good as a highlighter and it is but the frost plays up the eyes alot. I get scared that I look too made up with this at times so I only wear it at night. Make sure you use a primer with this you don't want it going oily in the crease. I mix it with various other shades, Club, Knight Divine, Bronze, Woodwinked and great with Satin Taupe.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 9:07:00 AM More reviews by PhanieRajh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Vex is a beautiful lid colour, as well as a highlight colour. It flashes purple/green/silver.. depending on the angle you look at it. Use it over Blackground to amp up the duochrome-ness!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 5:34:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For years i've passed on this e/s thinking it was weird and to be honest a little ugly. In the pot it looked light grey/green shade and i wasn't really feeling it, but many people raved about it and said it looked great with purple shades etc. I was intrigued on how it could work with a wide variety of shades. Let me tell you, it's true lol. Vex morphs into diffrent shades depending on the colors i pair it with. It looks more green when paired with humid, looks pinky-beige when paired with purples. It's crazy!! haha this is my new favorite e/s

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Suddenly refreshed! And finally! Something that brings out the green in my eyes!!! Thanks to the lovely MUAer who gave me this rec, I have fallen in love!! NC15, light blond hair (color treated), hazel eyes with lots of yellow/gold specks....and for some reason I have always looked best without e/s, e/l, or mascara. Guess I am lucky that I can pull off the bare look so well. But how boring! ;O)~ Anywho, as others know all too well, color-treated blond can be tough with all the brassiness that shows up after a while. Lets just say the brassiness "enhances" the yellow/gold specks in my eyes...or is it the other way around? Eeekkk! On me, this e/s shows up as a lovely sea foam green with hints of pink. On it's own, it's enough to give me that awake and well rested look while flattering my eyes and skintone. Yah!!! I will repurchase!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by nursesc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This color has been lying in my drawer for years! I used to hate it, but I just found a new love for it (don't you love it when that happends!). I've been wearing it daily with mulch in the crease and its so pretty!
My fav 3 mac shadows would be: Naked Lunch, Vex, Mulch (crease), Mylar (highlight), Nylon (for a shimmer highlight). 1 lippe off for it not catching my attention from the beginning!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 6:17:00 AM More reviews by maggiealex

This is such a unique eyeshadow. It is a light grey-silver colour with orange and golden reflects. Looks amazing as a blending colour for black grey and brown looks