November 29, 2014 | 928 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Color Extend Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2010 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Gonegreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this on sale in a package with the conditioner at my salon for $5 which is supercheap considering it's $30 regularly. I was not impressed with it. It doesn't seem to hold my color in any longer than other shampoos.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by CocoLola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was very happy with this shampoo it smells nice and made my hair very soft without even using the conditioner. I would def buy this again

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by azalea40

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So I've used this products for years only to find out that it actually does not work compared to the other products out there i.e Moroccan Oil shampoo. After a couple of washes with Redken, my hair would be left dry very dry. The colour fades away real quick in the month. Since i didnt know of anything as good as this product I just assumed it was the only one of its kind....boy was I wrong..... please do not use this product. Infact, it is being discontinued.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by brokentyrant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this and this I cannot tell a big difference between pantene and this. I used this just to get rid of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2010 11:32:00 AM More reviews by boomygrrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So far so good. I don't know if it really extends the color of your dye. Not so sure any shampoo can do that. I've only used it 3 times and it's in rotation with other products.
When I have used it, it's been moisturizing (for a shampoo). I always use a conditioner afterwards (like I do with all sulfate shampoos). It thoroughly cleans my hair.
I will use it a few more times and if my opinion of it changes, I will update.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2010 2:48:00 AM More reviews by Lizzie24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not sure why everytime I use this shampoo and conditioner everyone will ask if I colored my hair recently. Even though I colored my hair 6 months ago!

I colored my hair 6 months ago and nobody commented as if I didn't do anything to the hair. When I use this shampoo and conditioner, people keep coming up to me and ask me if I color my hair. Great product. Really extend and bring out the color of the hair. LOVE IT.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by poopinshmicken

I dye my oily hair darker than it's natural brunette shade and I have for years. I usually use a demi-permanent dye from a paul mitchell salon and I really believe this stuff helps to keep the color longer. And this stuff is super concentrated so you don't use nearly the same amount you would with another brand. I've purchased this product over and over. I tried other things but I usually come back to this. I don't use the conditioner but I do use the Color Extend Total Recharge as a spray-in conditioner after and it makes my hair super super soft. This product is super. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 4:52:00 AM More reviews by Mathilda91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have dyed my hair from blond to chestnut-brown with semi-permanenet dye, and figured that because red pigments tend to dissapear quickly it would be goot to use a shampoo for colour-treated hair. It does help to keep the colour intact, but I wish it was more moisturizing. My hair is very dry and coarse, and it's not enough. The scent is very nice, and I love the fire-engine red on the packagae. The schampoo lathers well, and is easily applied, and my hair is easy to comb afterwards, but it's not rich enough. Maybe for normal hair it would be great!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2010 12:33:00 AM More reviews by TheMush

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I used this shampoo for 3 weeks and have found it quite drying. My hair is looking dull as wellMy hair is fine, but lots of it and is dry. I had my hair coloured brunette from blonde , colour seems ok but would not repurchase.

update: I noticed while using this I was losing a lot more hair than usual. Since changing shampoos to Pureology hair loss is alot less.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by SRE

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Have been using this product for years in combination with the conditioner and have tried switching to other more expensive, natural, etc brands with no luck.

I have dry medium hair and the shampoo does moisturize if you use with the conditioner. It also preserves color. I found this out (color part) when I switched just recently...never again. I have since bought the gigantic sized bottle!