MAC Satin - Club

4.4

on 2/24/2011 11:37:00 PM

I read that if you only buy one Mac eyeshadow - make it Club. I would have to agree. It looks grey in the box, but on the lid it's a kinda brown, kinda green with just the right amount of shimmer. My Mum who balked at the colour in the pot tried it and also loves it. Anyone can wear it - in so many ways. Definitely recommend.

on 2/20/2011 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my all time favourite eyeshadows. It's so effortless to use, everybody should get one of these!! if you apply a black base (pencil, paint pot, grease stick, whatever) and apply club to the lid and slightly into the crease, you'll get the easiest smokey eye ever (actually, I feel like I'm cheating when I wear this one... is so effortless and looks like you spent 20 minutes blending the green and the brown). I always get compliments when I use this look.

MUST have.

on 2/19/2011 8:54:00 PM

LOVE this colour. Super unique and versatile, I was so happy when the makeup artist showed this to me a few years ago (when I was just starting up with my makeup obsession :P)

It's not considered a duochrome on MAC's website, but when I bought it, it was considered a duochrome (like Vex). I LOVE that it looks mostly brown with a green tinge in the pan, but when applied the green tinge shows up so much. And as a Satin finish, the texture is incredible. The pigmentation was really impressive too - it didn't take much to get the gorgeous green shine/sheen effect (much like the pictures show on MUA).

Favourite pairings with Club:
- Club on lid with a sheer wash of Vex overtop (or vice versa)
- Cork on the lid, Club in the crease/on the outer V
- Patina on lid, Club in the crease/outer V
- Sumptuous Olive on lid, Club in the crease/outer V
- All That Glitters on the lid, Club in the crease/outer V
- Steamy and Club look like they would go very well together, but I have yet to make a look with them

I think Club would look fantastic on any skintone, with any eye colour. Will definitely repurchase when I run out!

on 2/19/2011 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Club eyeshadow is such a unique color. I put this color all over my lid and just blend it out. It looks amazing and effortless. I think this color would look great on all skintones, for reference my colors are MAC- C4, NARS- Stromboli, MUFE HD- 127

on 1/29/2011 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Club is and always was so beautiful. it's one of MAC's first famous, new, and interesting duochrome-multichrome colored products but either I lost my Club I think or it was stolen! LOL sorta....

on 1/23/2011 4:21:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

hated this eyeshadow...it looks gross on me ..>.>

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

One of my favorite eyeshadows! It gives you a smokey look without even trying. I found out about it through Pixiwoo (the Kristen Stewart tutorial) and have used it the same way ever since. It's such a versatile color. And easy to wear on its own. LOVE it!

on 1/13/2011 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

A beautiful brown/green duochrome - I love it all over the lid and blended into the crease for a smokey eye, on the outer corner with mulch or patina, as a liner with patina... I'm sure I could find a million ways to use it!

Anyone who loves browns and neutrals but wants to move out of their comfort zone should try this - it's edgy without being OTT.

This color reminds me of Urban Decay's Lounge. I like club better though because it's not reddish like Lounge. This was one of my first MAC eyeshadow puchases. I love that it's duo toned. It's a very pretty and unique eyeshadow!

on 12/28/2010 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I do not have a strong passion for green eyeshadows. I have a few, and rarely reach for them. However, something about Club just drew me in- I think its the fact that its not a green, but a brown at the same time. With Club, it all depends on what kind of base you use. I first tried this over my NYX Jumbe Eye Pencil in Dark Brown, and the brown shimmers in Club where more prominent, with just a sheen of dark green. Over a gray base, the green is far more prominent, while the brown is more subdued. I think that a dark green base would truly look perfect, but since I do not wear green shadows often- I have no green base, but I think the MAC shadestick in Sharkskin would be amazing with this shadow. I find the *best* way to use this is foiled with MAC Fix + .....it brings out the metallic yumminess of this shadow, and all the undertones looks beautiful. I love using this on my lid and inner crease, and MAC's Print, Nehru or NYX's Black on the remaining crease and Outer V.

Top Rated MAC Products