MAC Satin - Club

4.4

on 2/20/2011 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my all time favourite eyeshadows. It's so effortless to use, everybody should get one of these!! if you apply a black base (pencil, paint pot, grease stick, whatever) and apply club to the lid and slightly into the crease, you'll get the easiest smokey eye ever (actually, I feel like I'm cheating when I wear this one... is so effortless and looks like you spent 20 minutes blending the green and the brown). I always get compliments when I use this look.

MUST have.

on 2/19/2011 8:54:00 PM

LOVE this colour. Super unique and versatile, I was so happy when the makeup artist showed this to me a few years ago (when I was just starting up with my makeup obsession :P)

It's not considered a duochrome on MAC's website, but when I bought it, it was considered a duochrome (like Vex). I LOVE that it looks mostly brown with a green tinge in the pan, but when applied the green tinge shows up so much. And as a Satin finish, the texture is incredible. The pigmentation was really impressive too - it didn't take much to get the gorgeous green shine/sheen effect (much like the pictures show on MUA).

Favourite pairings with Club:
- Club on lid with a sheer wash of Vex overtop (or vice versa)
- Cork on the lid, Club in the crease/on the outer V
- Patina on lid, Club in the crease/outer V
- Sumptuous Olive on lid, Club in the crease/outer V
- All That Glitters on the lid, Club in the crease/outer V
- Steamy and Club look like they would go very well together, but I have yet to make a look with them

I think Club would look fantastic on any skintone, with any eye colour. Will definitely repurchase when I run out!

on 2/19/2011 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Club eyeshadow is such a unique color. I put this color all over my lid and just blend it out. It looks amazing and effortless. I think this color would look great on all skintones, for reference my colors are MAC- C4, NARS- Stromboli, MUFE HD- 127

on 1/29/2011 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Club is and always was so beautiful. it's one of MAC's first famous, new, and interesting duochrome-multichrome colored products but either I lost my Club I think or it was stolen! LOL sorta....

on 1/23/2011 4:21:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

hated this eyeshadow...it looks gross on me ..>.>

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

One of my favorite eyeshadows! It gives you a smokey look without even trying. I found out about it through Pixiwoo (the Kristen Stewart tutorial) and have used it the same way ever since. It's such a versatile color. And easy to wear on its own. LOVE it!

on 1/13/2011 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

A beautiful brown/green duochrome - I love it all over the lid and blended into the crease for a smokey eye, on the outer corner with mulch or patina, as a liner with patina... I'm sure I could find a million ways to use it!

Anyone who loves browns and neutrals but wants to move out of their comfort zone should try this - it's edgy without being OTT.

This color reminds me of Urban Decay's Lounge. I like club better though because it's not reddish like Lounge. This was one of my first MAC eyeshadow puchases. I love that it's duo toned. It's a very pretty and unique eyeshadow!

on 12/28/2010 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I do not have a strong passion for green eyeshadows. I have a few, and rarely reach for them. However, something about Club just drew me in- I think its the fact that its not a green, but a brown at the same time. With Club, it all depends on what kind of base you use. I first tried this over my NYX Jumbe Eye Pencil in Dark Brown, and the brown shimmers in Club where more prominent, with just a sheen of dark green. Over a gray base, the green is far more prominent, while the brown is more subdued. I think that a dark green base would truly look perfect, but since I do not wear green shadows often- I have no green base, but I think the MAC shadestick in Sharkskin would be amazing with this shadow. I find the *best* way to use this is foiled with MAC Fix + .....it brings out the metallic yumminess of this shadow, and all the undertones looks beautiful. I love using this on my lid and inner crease, and MAC's Print, Nehru or NYX's Black on the remaining crease and Outer V.

on 12/22/2010 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Though it looks very green in the pan, it looks more brown on (the first time I swatched it I was shocked -- I'd always expected it to be dark green). However the subtle green shimmer it gives on its own (without a dark base) is very pretty and makes a neutral eye a little less boring. You can also bring out the green more by pairing it with other greens, or tone it down by using it with more bronze-y/brown colors. I'm surprised it took me this long to get it -- it is one the most flattering shades I've ever used.