MAC Select Moisturecover

3.8

water (aqua purificata), purified, dimethicone, hydrogenated polyisobutene, cyclopentasiloxane, glycerin, zinc stearate, isononyl isononanoate, dimethicone crosspolymer, sorbitan isostearate, caprylyl dimethicone ethoxy glucoside, dimethicone/ vinyl, dimethicone crosspolymer, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) extract, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, tocopherol, ascoarbyl palmitate, squalane, hexylene glycol, sodium chloride, silica, potassium sorbate, sorbitol, hexadecane, triisostearin, glucose, fructose, dextrin, sucrose, phytosteryl isostearate, alanine, hydrogenated castor oil, hydrogenated palm glycerides, hydrogenated palm kernel glycerides, hydrogenated vegetable oil, aspartic acid, glutamic acid, urea, methylparaben, propylparaben [ may contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides ]

on 5/3/2012 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I actually like this concealer. It has enough coverage for my under eye darkness. Normally I have to apply moisturizer around my eyes so that the concealer look smooth but with this one I don't have to. Yes it does crease like all concealer do after sometime. I even put a primer under my eye and this helps make it stay and crease less. I find that you have to use just enough of it otherwise it settles in to lines. You definitely have to set this with a powder.

I'm not a big fan of the packaging, I never use the applicator with it as I think its not very hygienic. I usually put it on a mixing palette and just use my own brush. I think this way I have more control how much I can put on. I would buy this again because its fairly cheap.

on 4/29/2012 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

THE ABSOLUTE BEST CONCEALER, BUT YOU HAVE TO USE IT CORRECTLY. This concealer WILL NOT WORK to cover dark under eye circles unless your skin is moisturized, has a primer, and for heavy coverage, it should be applied BEFORE foundation. It must always be applied before powder foundation for a smooth finish. Feathering means that your skin is probably too dry. I would not recommend this for very oily skin, but for my sensitive combination skin, it was PERFECT. I use three dots under each eye to cover dark circles, then blend lightly with a soft concealer brush (I use an ecotools brush.) You DO NOT need a lot, it is a layering product, so use sparingly and then apply more as needed. It can also be used to cover blemishes, and for this I would recommend applying after your foundation.

on 4/19/2012 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I've been using this when I want a little less coverage than MAC's full coverage studio fix concealer. This product is a little more moisturizing so it would be good for under the eyes, dry or premature skin.

on 4/10/2012 4:25:00 AM

I'm on my 4th tube for this concealer. I took one lippy off for the packaging as i can't imagine it to be too sanitary when the brush gets dipped in and out of the tube after some time. Apart from the packaging, this product is a mainstay as an undereye concealer for me. It could be a little too sheer on those days when I have overworked myself and didn't get a good sleep the previous night, in which case I add on a layer of ConcealFx on top and it's all perfect.

What is great about Select Moisture is that it's very kind to the undereye area. It doesn't tug and pull because of it's liquid application and the shade that MAC carries are fantastic.

on 3/19/2012 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I LOVE this concealer. I have very pale skin and pronounced dark circles no matter how much sleep I get. Most concealers that I have tried are too thick and paste-like to give me natural-looking coverage while still hiding the problem. Select Moisturecover is so emollient and has a thin, liquid-y consistency that hydrates the under-eye area while providing coverage. I like that I can control how much or how little I apply because there's an applicator, not a pump. I don't use this for blemishes, nor do I think it would work too well for them, but on dark circles, this is the best product I've ever tried.

on 3/17/2012 11:12:00 AM

i didnt like this product at all!
when i tried it on in a MAC store it seemed fine
but then i noticed that the colors didnt blend that well
i always felt like patches on my face were a bit darker
i tried to apply less of the product and even blend it out more but i always got the same result
the packaging is great though and its easy to use

on 2/10/2012 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This works awesome for my undereye circles. Covers up everything without leaving it dry or creasing. nice applicator also. Will repurchase if i use it all up.

on 1/16/2012 5:38:00 PM

This is a nice concealor if you've dry skin and don't need much coverage. Particularly good for under the eye area.

The thing I've noticed is it runs a lot darker than MAC foundations so you need to buy a color down so that's why I took some marks off.

on 1/16/2012 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This doesn't cover darker circles, but only light dark circles. It's very hydrating and dewy which looks lovely, but for the price and how little it covers, I won't repurchase.

If someone has dry skin, and uses a finishing powder, this would prevent a finishing powder from completely drying out the under eye area. I only get a couple blemishes each year but, I have very dark circles. This doesn't really cover them. For now, I'm placing it over mac studio sculpts concealer for a little extra moisture. It does prevent my finishing powder from drying the under eye area, but so does using a thick eye cream or oil under my eyes. On days I want a natural look, I use this and benefit's eye bright and it looks alright, well moisturized but not enough coverage for me.

on 12/25/2011 9:59:00 PM

I had a makeup artist at mac color matched me. He matched me as NW20 and I purchased this specifically for undereye coverage. The color is perfect for the undereye discoloration and the texture is thin and moisterizing and easy to apply.
However I would not repurchase this because it creases after two hours and settles into fine lines. Its annoying to have to reblend. I learned to let the concealer dry a bit before blending for better coverage from youtube guru sarahvictor. I will finish it but the search continues