November 25, 2014 | 1724 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Moisturecover

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by shordeecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this when I want a little less coverage than MAC's full coverage studio fix concealer. This product is a little more moisturizing so it would be good for under the eyes, dry or premature skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 4:25:00 AM More reviews by nabz

I'm on my 4th tube for this concealer. I took one lippy off for the packaging as i can't imagine it to be too sanitary when the brush gets dipped in and out of the tube after some time. Apart from the packaging, this product is a mainstay as an undereye concealer for me. It could be a little too sheer on those days when I have overworked myself and didn't get a good sleep the previous night, in which case I add on a layer of ConcealFx on top and it's all perfect.

What is great about Select Moisture is that it's very kind to the undereye area. It doesn't tug and pull because of it's liquid application and the shade that MAC carries are fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by amlheureux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this concealer. I have very pale skin and pronounced dark circles no matter how much sleep I get. Most concealers that I have tried are too thick and paste-like to give me natural-looking coverage while still hiding the problem. Select Moisturecover is so emollient and has a thin, liquid-y consistency that hydrates the under-eye area while providing coverage. I like that I can control how much or how little I apply because there's an applicator, not a pump. I don't use this for blemishes, nor do I think it would work too well for them, but on dark circles, this is the best product I've ever tried.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2012 11:12:00 AM More reviews by latifa11

i didnt like this product at all!
when i tried it on in a MAC store it seemed fine
but then i noticed that the colors didnt blend that well
i always felt like patches on my face were a bit darker
i tried to apply less of the product and even blend it out more but i always got the same result
the packaging is great though and its easy to use

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by JulieRL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This works awesome for my undereye circles. Covers up everything without leaving it dry or creasing. nice applicator also. Will repurchase if i use it all up.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Lobbery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a nice concealor if you've dry skin and don't need much coverage. Particularly good for under the eye area.

The thing I've noticed is it runs a lot darker than MAC foundations so you need to buy a color down so that's why I took some marks off.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This doesn't cover darker circles, but only light dark circles. It's very hydrating and dewy which looks lovely, but for the price and how little it covers, I won't repurchase.

If someone has dry skin, and uses a finishing powder, this would prevent a finishing powder from completely drying out the under eye area. I only get a couple blemishes each year but, I have very dark circles. This doesn't really cover them. For now, I'm placing it over mac studio sculpts concealer for a little extra moisture. It does prevent my finishing powder from drying the under eye area, but so does using a thick eye cream or oil under my eyes. On days I want a natural look, I use this and benefit's eye bright and it looks alright, well moisturized but not enough coverage for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by mellymel11

I had a makeup artist at mac color matched me. He matched me as NW20 and I purchased this specifically for undereye coverage. The color is perfect for the undereye discoloration and the texture is thin and moisterizing and easy to apply.
However I would not repurchase this because it creases after two hours and settles into fine lines. Its annoying to have to reblend. I learned to let the concealer dry a bit before blending for better coverage from youtube guru sarahvictor. I will finish it but the search continues

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Moonhalf

I have not used Mac for awhile but decided to give it another try. Well I am glad I did, the Select Moisturecover does not settle in my lines and the color is not too light, it is just right. I will purchase again, I am happy to find a concealer that gives a nice finished natural look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Icaria

UPDATE: WOULD NOT CONSIDER DUE TO ANIMAL TESTING FOR CHINESE MARKET 17/02/2012 Nice texture, easy to apply. Dosen't dry up the eye area but has a tendency to settle into lines. Powder is a necessity to set it. Also, it dosen't last all day. Nicer texture than my previous one, but still, it's not my HG. Once I'm done with it I'll be looking for another one. I still recommend it for those who need/like light coverage in a non drying formula.