November 22, 2014 | 1870 users online

Body Scrubs - LUSH - Buffy the Backside Slayer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by MaddieEvans

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is by far the best thing to ever happen to my skin EVER. HG for sure. I use it after my body wash in the shower every other day, and there is absolutely no need to use lotion after (and I have extremely dry skin that normally has eczema flare-ups if I skip lotion for even a day). The first time I used it, it felt a bit rough on my skin, but I got used to it and now I can't imagine using anything else. It works so well as an exfoliator and moisturizer, and leaves my skin super soft and smooth, and it even feels more resilient and stronger somehow. The only downside is that it can get wasteful because of how the bar melts, but if you cut it into pieces it works great and lasts a lot longer. It is expensive, but TOTALLY worth it if you have dry skin or KP.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Catarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Buffy is one of my Top 3 favorite products from LUSH. I use this after I'm completely washed and I love the way my skin feels after using this bar. My skin is very dry, but after I use this, it's moisturized, supple and glowing! I really like the cocoa buttery scent, the exfoliation particles, and the shea butter! It does make your skin a little greasy immediately after use, but just wait a little bit, it soaks in nicely. The price is totally ridiculous (26 dollars) for the big bar, but I will keep paying it because it works wonders. As far as longevity, it does last long as long as you keep wrapping it back up. Will repurchase over and over again :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 8:24:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favourite products from Lush. It is a very good exfoliator and moisturiser in one. Really gets the gob done. But there are few things I cannot put up with:
1. It is too abrasive to use on my legs after I shaved them and too thick to be used as a shave cream (sticks to the blades)
2. Gives me backne when used on my back so i have to wash it with another shower gel and then use body lotion on that area anyway - so I may as well use it on my whole body
3. Creates sticky mess in my bathtub
4. Melts easily and doesn't last long enough to get value for the price you pay. A big one only lasted me like 10 days.

It is a nice treat for these special days when you want to pumper yourself. But I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by QuirkyFashionista

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love, love, love this- I can't resist a good multi-tasker when it comes to cosmetics, and this one moisturizes and exfoliates my skin at the same time-no messy, sticky bodylotion needed afterwards, and it really does exfoliate, unlike the body scrubs that are really just shower gels with a hint of exfoliating grains.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 12:48:00 AM More reviews by xoxRoyalxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG This is my HG. It made the bumps on my legs less noticeable, and made it sooo smooth and soft. I can't keep touching my legs. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 2:05:00 AM More reviews by cherylnk

I love my buffy bar and use it every night in the shower. After I wash my body I lightly buff this all over my body. I wouldn't really scrub too hard, because it could feel really abrasive. There's actual ground rice in the product and that is what is used to exfoliate. My favorite part about it though is that it is also made with shea and cocoa butter so it moisturizes your skin while it's exfoliating! After I rinse it off I pat off the water with a towel and my skin is left feeling very soft with no need to put on lotion after. Which was a major plus for me as I always found it to be a pain in the butt to put on lotion all over after I get out of the shower (idk maybe that's just me). But I don't mind using the buffy bar at all, in fact I love it! I am currently on my third bar and will continue to repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2011 9:59:00 AM More reviews by naturallyfab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I used this for the first time this summer, and I've been hooked ever since! This is abrasive, so if you have sensitive skin I would be careful. This is the perfect thing to do before self tanner because it really gets your skin smooth and even. I've never had a scrub or exfoliator work as well as this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by RedNailz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was an impulse buy. I was just looking at the display and the SA came over and offered to show me how Buffy works. I said ok because my friend had been sidelined by the other SA. I didn't really expect to have my arm washed but I had to admit that Buffy moisturized very well. Somehow, after someone washes your arm you feel like you need to buy something, so I got the $9 bar. I just tried it on my legs this morning and, hours later, they are still super smooth. I expect Buffy to be a lifesaver in the winter!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by jonquil10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, I really like Buffy a lot. The first thing to say is that this shower scrub is definitely moisturising. I've been hearing that a lot of girls find this quite abrasive on their skin, but I have to say it's not too bad for me. I think the smell leaves a lot to be desired. It smells earthy and natural as you would expect of a LUSH product but it's not exactly how you would want to smell if you were going on a date. That being said, it's good to use before going on a date because it leaves your skin ridiculously soft and your whole body looking slightly more toned because the moisturising butters in Buffy leave a kind of subtle sheen on your body.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 9:14:00 AM More reviews by Bulbasaur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really like that product. I use it on my legs after shaving and it gives them a really soft - although slightly greasy - skin. I enjoy the smell as well. I use it on my butt hoping that the exfoliating will help me with the cellulite (here's to hoping!).
I also sometimes use it on my upper arms. I have small pimples that are not noticeable to the eyes but I can feel them when I touch my arm. I use to have lots of them when I was a teen, but now only a few of them remain. I use this product to exfoliate the skin there and to remove that bumpy/dead skin feeling around those pimples.
The product hurts a little when you apply it on your skin, but that's the case with every good exfoliating product I've ever tried.
The only downside is that the product ends up breaking into little pieces when you're halfway through with it. But that doesn't put me away from repurchasing.