LUSH Buffy the Backside Slayer

4.2

Fair Trade Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Ground Rice, Ground Almonds, Ground Aduki Beans, Perfume, Lavender Oil, Lemon Oil, Citral, Limonene, Linalool.

on 12/16/2011 12:24:00 PM

Buffy is great! I will say that it is VERY abrasive. It stung slightly when I was using it on my arms, but they weren't super dry--my intention for this product is to try and get rid of some small bumps on my arms. It did feel waxy in the shower when I was done using it, but after I dried off it felt great. It isn't the most fun product to use, but the results afterwards are great. My skin was so soft and smooth! I have only used it one, but I was surprised how MUCH of the product was gone after I used it. I bought the smaller block ($11.95 for 3-ish ounces) and I would say that this will last me 10 uses or less. But this isn't a product that I'll need to use everyday and I think the price will be worth it!

on 11/18/2011 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Buffy is the best body butter I have ever used. I am a big lush fan and I get all my skin care products from there but this is the first time I've tried their body butters and this is the first one I've tried. The cocoa butter and the Shea butter leaves the skin soft and well moisturized while the almond, rice and beans exfoliates your skin. so it's like a 2 in one! it's a great product especially in the winter when my skin gets dry and itchy and stuff... It's well worth the money!

on 11/16/2011 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Buffy is a really great product especially if you have tough skin. If you have sensitive skin Buffy is probably too abrasive for you and I would suggest purchasing Kinf of Skin. To use buffy I cut it up into 4 smaller pieces. After I am done shaving I will take a small piece and scrub my legs with it a few times. I am not going to lie, it does not feel good, but the results are worth it! It leaves a film of moisturizer, but when I rinse off from shaving it goes away, leaving my legs feeling soft and smooth. The great thing about this is that I have noticed that it has REDUCED my cellulite. I think buffy is a great product to have especially for the price, one small bar has lasted me around 4 months.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I agree with the below reviewers about the effect this product has on the skin - it really is fantastic. Just what I was looking for when I bought it - a great combination of gentle exfoliation and silky smooth moisturisation.
However, I wish it came in a more user-friendly form. I find the soap-bar form to be difficult to use and, frankly, wasteful. I had this less than two weeks before I ran out and although it is relatively inexpensive, I find that for the price, it should last an awful lot longer than 10 days. I even cut the bar up into chunks before the first use so I had nice small individual use pieces per shower in the hopes of extending its lifespan!
Would I but again? I'm going to say 'no' due to the factors listed above and because I feel that there is most certainly a similar product out there in a much more user-friendly (and economical) form. But, if the effect on the skin is more important than the price, I would definitely suggest you try this.

on 9/19/2011 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is by far the best thing to ever happen to my skin EVER. HG for sure. I use it after my body wash in the shower every other day, and there is absolutely no need to use lotion after (and I have extremely dry skin that normally has eczema flare-ups if I skip lotion for even a day). The first time I used it, it felt a bit rough on my skin, but I got used to it and now I can't imagine using anything else. It works so well as an exfoliator and moisturizer, and leaves my skin super soft and smooth, and it even feels more resilient and stronger somehow. The only downside is that it can get wasteful because of how the bar melts, but if you cut it into pieces it works great and lasts a lot longer. It is expensive, but TOTALLY worth it if you have dry skin or KP.

on 9/5/2011 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Buffy is one of my Top 3 favorite products from LUSH. I use this after I'm completely washed and I love the way my skin feels after using this bar. My skin is very dry, but after I use this, it's moisturized, supple and glowing! I really like the cocoa buttery scent, the exfoliation particles, and the shea butter! It does make your skin a little greasy immediately after use, but just wait a little bit, it soaks in nicely. The price is totally ridiculous (26 dollars) for the big bar, but I will keep paying it because it works wonders. As far as longevity, it does last long as long as you keep wrapping it back up. Will repurchase over and over again :)

on 9/1/2011 8:24:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is one of my favourite products from Lush. It is a very good exfoliator and moisturiser in one. Really gets the gob done. But there are few things I cannot put up with:
1. It is too abrasive to use on my legs after I shaved them and too thick to be used as a shave cream (sticks to the blades)
2. Gives me backne when used on my back so i have to wash it with another shower gel and then use body lotion on that area anyway - so I may as well use it on my whole body
3. Creates sticky mess in my bathtub
4. Melts easily and doesn't last long enough to get value for the price you pay. A big one only lasted me like 10 days.

It is a nice treat for these special days when you want to pumper yourself. But I won't repurchase.

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Love, love, love this- I can't resist a good multi-tasker when it comes to cosmetics, and this one moisturizes and exfoliates my skin at the same time-no messy, sticky bodylotion needed afterwards, and it really does exfoliate, unlike the body scrubs that are really just shower gels with a hint of exfoliating grains.

on 8/31/2011 12:48:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

OMG This is my HG. It made the bumps on my legs less noticeable, and made it sooo smooth and soft. I can't keep touching my legs. :)

on 8/16/2011 2:05:00 AM

I love my buffy bar and use it every night in the shower. After I wash my body I lightly buff this all over my body. I wouldn't really scrub too hard, because it could feel really abrasive. There's actual ground rice in the product and that is what is used to exfoliate. My favorite part about it though is that it is also made with shea and cocoa butter so it moisturizes your skin while it's exfoliating! After I rinse it off I pat off the water with a towel and my skin is left feeling very soft with no need to put on lotion after. Which was a major plus for me as I always found it to be a pain in the butt to put on lotion all over after I get out of the shower (idk maybe that's just me). But I don't mind using the buffy bar at all, in fact I love it! I am currently on my third bar and will continue to repurchase this.

Top Rated LUSH Products