April 20, 2014 | 1785 users online

Scrubs - LUSH - Buffy the Backside Slayer

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by jonquil10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, I really like Buffy a lot. The first thing to say is that this shower scrub is definitely moisturising. I've been hearing that a lot of girls find this quite abrasive on their skin, but I have to say it's not too bad for me. I think the smell leaves a lot to be desired. It smells earthy and natural as you would expect of a LUSH product but it's not exactly how you would want to smell if you were going on a date. That being said, it's good to use before going on a date because it leaves your skin ridiculously soft and your whole body looking slightly more toned because the moisturising butters in Buffy leave a kind of subtle sheen on your body.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 9:14:00 AM More reviews by Bulbasaur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really like that product. I use it on my legs after shaving and it gives them a really soft - although slightly greasy - skin. I enjoy the smell as well. I use it on my butt hoping that the exfoliating will help me with the cellulite (here's to hoping!).
I also sometimes use it on my upper arms. I have small pimples that are not noticeable to the eyes but I can feel them when I touch my arm. I use to have lots of them when I was a teen, but now only a few of them remain. I use this product to exfoliate the skin there and to remove that bumpy/dead skin feeling around those pimples.
The product hurts a little when you apply it on your skin, but that's the case with every good exfoliating product I've ever tried.
The only downside is that the product ends up breaking into little pieces when you're halfway through with it. But that doesn't put me away from repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 7:50:00 PM More reviews by melodyding

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product!!! Although it did hurt a little, it made my skin ultra soft!!!! But it is pretty expensive

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2011 9:43:00 AM More reviews by str8thuggin

I do not own this product, but a SA demonstrated it on me at Lush. It does in fact make your skin feel soft and silky, but for the money, I would much rather use my trusty mix of olive oil and white sugar, scrubbed on with my scrubby gloves. This works as well or better that the Lush Buffy, and is considerably less expensive. I might buy some of these as gifts - they would make a great gift - but for my everyday use, is definitely not worth the money when I can get the same results for pennies from my kitchen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2011 7:42:00 AM More reviews by PinkSyringes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't live without this. It is the perfect scrub for my body, and I just love the way it makes my skin feel super moisturized and really, really soft! I think it's expensive though because I go through it very fast so I don't use it everytime I shower, maybe every other time. But it is an amazing scrub!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by smileybiker

Got this in a christmas box. Its just average imo. I used it up, but didnt really think wow. Im not a fan of the body butters anyway. Bit too greasy for my liking. I prefer You snap the whip as the blackcurrent smell lasts more and I prefer the charcoal bits to broken up seeds.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Beautyisbliss

Worked really well! The smell was like petroleum, but the product did the trick. Soft skin and a smooth shave later I am happy. Beware of keeping this in a tin as it can end up down the drain as it melts underwater.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2011 7:49:00 AM More reviews by Spider90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

Bought this today on a whim. To me, it doesn't exactly smell like shea butter, cocoa butter OR almonds, it smells more 'herbal' and grassy more than anything. Very faint and slightly sweet.
I found the exfoliating beads to be a tad harsh, but then again it really depends on your skin type. If you have more sensitive skin like me, there's a trick to using this:
1.) Make sure you are damp/wet and warm, step away from the shower!
2.) Very softly glide this across a small amount of your skin (dry bits, if any)to get it melting.
3.) Melt it in your hands, enough to exfoliate the body
4.) Put the Slayer someplace dry, and exfoliate the product in your hands onto your skin focusing on dry/rough areas.

Doing it this way ensures you can control the harshness of the scrub, which can be a little too scratchy straight from the bar (also conserves product!)
After I rinsed it off, dabbed dry I actually moisturised (well it's winter here and I like feeling soft :D!).. My skin feels amazing at the moment, it's usually very soft but it has this extra sheen and warmth to it.
I can see this product not lasting too long, I have a small dent in it and i'm a very tiny girl! However, price isn't an issue when you find something that works wonders.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Championmonkeyface

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the smell of this but find it really hard to describe - a bit of lavendar and a bit of some other nice things. It's quite scrubby, so you don't need to rub it too hard over your skin. Leaves you feeling really exfoliated and soft. Yes, it feels a bit greasy at first but I think part of that is just that it feels different from how I initially expected. I bought the smaller bar and have used it about five times so far, and it's about a quarter used up. I didn't buy the tin to keep it in so am using a tupperware pot which looks awful but does the job.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by AMajor87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For the most part, I love this body butter. My only complaint is that it leaves a thin layer of product on my skin and takes forever to absorb. I used this in the shower before getting out. I pre cut up the bar and use a TINY square for my entire body, out of the water, then I massage in and rinse before getting out. My skin can handle the rough texture of this butter so no problems there. Smells amazing! A little on the pricey side, but if its used right it can last a good while.