Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge - Blushed Rose

4.7

Castor Seed Oil, Octydodecanol, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate -2, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate, Candelilla Wax, Glyceryl Triacetyl Ricinoleate, Polyethylene, Alumina, Bisabolol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lecithin, Trihydroxystearin, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Barium Sulfate, Fragrance, BHT, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Red 6, Red 30 Lake, Manganese Violet, Red 22 Lake, Carmine, Red 28 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Bismuth Oxychloride, Yellow 6 Lake.

I am in love with yet another bb product. This cream blush actually lasts on my oily skin and gives me such a natural flush my sister asked me if I got a suntan. It looks perfect on lips too, perfect for bobbi's nude look.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This is the best cream blush I've tried so far. This colour is lovely and natural and blends and applies so well. It looks far more natural on the skin that it looks in the pot - at least on my cool-toned skin anyway. It has great staying power and you get a lot of blush for your money. A nice feature would've been to make the blush with a compact mirror and not with a screw cap. This is superior to cream blushes by MAC, Stila, Laura Mercier and Becca.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

When I realized that powder blush no longer flattered my "mature" skin, BB pot rouge in blushed rose was my first foray into cream blush. I used it regularly for some time (and added pale pink, calypso coral, and chocolate cherry to the collection). I was applying it with my fingers, and while the colors and texture were (are!) divine, I had trouble controlling the application -- I always ended up spreading it over too much of my cheek. It was not the blush, but my technique. When I discovered Armani cream blush, I relegated all the BB pot rouges to my "remaindered" drawer.

Fast forward to a life-changing brush -- the MAC 188, which I have been using with great success on my Armani cream blush (applies and blends all at once). Playing around this afternoon in my remaindered drawer -- how would the MAC 188 do with my BB pot rouges? Well, you can guess from the score -- what I had not been able to accomplish reliably with my fingers, the MAC 188 does for me! I'm back to all my BB pot rouges and the gorgeous natural blush they give. Armani cream blush to the drawer for now.

Update: In the hot summer weather, BB cream blush did not hold up as well as GA cream blush, which is drier and lasts all day. I may return to BB during the winter.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Blushed Rose, my first pot rouge. Love the texture, smooth consistency that leaves a dewy finish, love the application, easy to blend and lasts all day, no need for touch ups, love the color a med brown rose that leaves a clear, natural, flush of color on the cheeks. looks pretty on lips as well for a coordinated look. on the lips, i find it lasts longer if i dab and press the color into my lips then apply clear gloss over. great all year round color.

This is the first cream blush I have ever used. Having had oily skin in the past, I was always drawn to powder blushes (and foundations, too for that matter). Now that I am approaching 40, however, I am noticing that my skin is getting drier. I decided to try this on a whim and am so glad I did. The color is very natural brownish-pink and would look great on most any skin tone. The blush fades right into the skin and looks like you have nothing on...just glowy cheeks (Be sure to put this on before your powder, though, or it won't look right). I'm seriously thinking about buying more colors. I also love the fact that you can use this on your lips too. Makes it so versatile and perfect for my purse.

Thank you MUA's for your reviews. I always look to see what you thinks before I buy ANYTHING in beauty.

Pot Rouge in Blushed Rose was my fourth pot rouge and I think my favorite. There can't be many people who this doesn't enhance.

When I'm totally casual and going to the store or just kicking back and want to look nice...or when I'm really in a hurry (which happens a lot these days)...I can look like %200 better with undereye concealor, light yellow powder, spot covering w/ Laura Mercier's stick foundation (thanks MUAers for the advice on this one), Pot Rouge in Blushed Rose and mascara. I'm 60 (ouch...It hurts to even write that) and I look so much younger just dabbing some of this on my cheeks and blending upward and then downward, and then dabbing some on my lips. The color is so amazingly natural and youthful. When I do this little MU routine...I look like I have on absolutely no makeup...Just look a so much better. If I have time...I'll highlight or contour with another color of PR, and/or use some Long Wear Cream Eye Shadow, but this is really all I need.

The Pot Rouges have a wonderful quality...never greasy, but with a slip, and a lot of body. They totally morph into the skin. I love it that BB doesn't like silicones. I was used to them, but w/ her products...they aren't needed.

Wonderful stuff...this Pot Rouge...especially in the Blushed Rose.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I fell in love with Bobbi Brown's Pot Rouge products, I was looking for something to add a little color since I am very pale and sometimes I have a feeling that I look washed out.

I love this color, it's a beautiful neutral pink that I apply sparingly with my MAC 192 brush that adds that extra pop of color without looking made up. Definitely a keeper and safe for those with oily complexions, doesn't break me out and looks completely natural (a plus, being a guy and all).

Will repurchase, but I feel this will last me a long time.

I absolutely love this; there's nothing more I can say about the colour or the texture that hasn't already been said. It really brightens my face and gives a nice glow without looking oily, and I love love love that it doesn't have shimmer because then I have options at least, and I can build the colour without feeling like I'm insanely piling on the glitter. I just dot this along the apples of my cheeks to about an inch or two away from my temples and then instead of rubbing it in or spreading it with a clean finger, I tap the colour to spread it, this really helps in terms of getting a more natural look without wasting any more product. I only need to press my finger into the tub once per cheek, and it does last all day, which also means this'll last me well through the next decade or so. I like it on my lips as well but mostly use it as a blush. HG for a natural, simple and quick approach to prettifying myself even in the mornings I can barely stand to look in the mirror. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

When I picked this pot rouge up at Nordstrom, I had no idea it was such a popular color. This shade looks super natural on my pale yet warm skin tone. I apply this with my BE Kabuki brush. You barely have to touch the surface of the pot with the brush as it's very pigmented. This stuff also works nicely over the top of bronzer. As other's have mentioned this can be a little drying for lips. I always apply lip balm first if I'm going to wear this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've been using this very awesome product for more than a year now, and I highly recommend it. The color is a mix of toffee and pink, which I imagine can work for both cool and warm skin tones. It reminds me of Revlon Super lustrous lipstick in Blushed, and when I compare the two side by side, Revlon appears just a shade or two darker than BB Blushed Rose, but the color is very similar. I have cool pale skin (NW15) and I use this as the darker "contour" on the bottoms of my apples and cheekbones. I was afraid at first that the shade was too dark and warm for skin as pale as mine, but the product is very blendable, so it fades into my skin, leaving behind only the bit of rosy shadow I was looking to create. It also doesn't break out my acne-prone skin, despite of the oils it contains. A final note: the product lasts a looong time. Iíve only made a slight dip in it from using it every workday for a year, so I think the $22 price tag is justifiable.
EDIT: As much as I love this, I must add a caveat that I don't think it has great staying power. Consider the rating a 4.5.