October 21, 2014 | 1736 users online

Blush - Bobbi Brown - Pot Rouge - Blushed Rose

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2008 1:50:00 AM More reviews by coolbabe377

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Thank you MUA's for your reviews. I always look to see what you thinks before I buy ANYTHING in beauty.

Pot Rouge in Blushed Rose was my fourth pot rouge and I think my favorite. There can't be many people who this doesn't enhance.

When I'm totally casual and going to the store or just kicking back and want to look nice...or when I'm really in a hurry (which happens a lot these days)...I can look like %200 better with undereye concealor, light yellow powder, spot covering w/ Laura Mercier's stick foundation (thanks MUAers for the advice on this one), Pot Rouge in Blushed Rose and mascara. I'm 60 (ouch...It hurts to even write that) and I look so much younger just dabbing some of this on my cheeks and blending upward and then downward, and then dabbing some on my lips. The color is so amazingly natural and youthful. When I do this little MU routine...I look like I have on absolutely no makeup...Just look a so much better. If I have time...I'll highlight or contour with another color of PR, and/or use some Long Wear Cream Eye Shadow, but this is really all I need.

The Pot Rouges have a wonderful quality...never greasy, but with a slip, and a lot of body. They totally morph into the skin. I love it that BB doesn't like silicones. I was used to them, but w/ her products...they aren't needed.

Wonderful stuff...this Pot Rouge...especially in the Blushed Rose.

23 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2008 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Eolo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I fell in love with Bobbi Brown's Pot Rouge products, I was looking for something to add a little color since I am very pale and sometimes I have a feeling that I look washed out.

I love this color, it's a beautiful neutral pink that I apply sparingly with my MAC 192 brush that adds that extra pop of color without looking made up. Definitely a keeper and safe for those with oily complexions, doesn't break me out and looks completely natural (a plus, being a guy and all).

Will repurchase, but I feel this will last me a long time.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2008 12:04:00 PM More reviews by swirlsschmurls

I absolutely love this; there's nothing more I can say about the colour or the texture that hasn't already been said. It really brightens my face and gives a nice glow without looking oily, and I love love love that it doesn't have shimmer because then I have options at least, and I can build the colour without feeling like I'm insanely piling on the glitter. I just dot this along the apples of my cheeks to about an inch or two away from my temples and then instead of rubbing it in or spreading it with a clean finger, I tap the colour to spread it, this really helps in terms of getting a more natural look without wasting any more product. I only need to press my finger into the tub once per cheek, and it does last all day, which also means this'll last me well through the next decade or so. I like it on my lips as well but mostly use it as a blush. HG for a natural, simple and quick approach to prettifying myself even in the mornings I can barely stand to look in the mirror. :)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2007 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Windupdolly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I picked this pot rouge up at Nordstrom, I had no idea it was such a popular color. This shade looks super natural on my pale yet warm skin tone. I apply this with my BE Kabuki brush. You barely have to touch the surface of the pot with the brush as it's very pigmented. This stuff also works nicely over the top of bronzer. As other's have mentioned this can be a little drying for lips. I always apply lip balm first if I'm going to wear this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2007 2:02:00 PM More reviews by JadziaDAx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this very awesome product for more than a year now, and I highly recommend it. The color is a mix of toffee and pink, which I imagine can work for both cool and warm skin tones. It reminds me of Revlon Super lustrous lipstick in Blushed, and when I compare the two side by side, Revlon appears just a shade or two darker than BB Blushed Rose, but the color is very similar. I have cool pale skin (NW15) and I use this as the darker "contour" on the bottoms of my apples and cheekbones. I was afraid at first that the shade was too dark and warm for skin as pale as mine, but the product is very blendable, so it fades into my skin, leaving behind only the bit of rosy shadow I was looking to create. It also doesn't break out my acne-prone skin, despite of the oils it contains. A final note: the product lasts a looong time. Ive only made a slight dip in it from using it every workday for a year, so I think the $22 price tag is justifiable.
EDIT: As much as I love this, I must add a caveat that I don't think it has great staying power. Consider the rating a 4.5.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2007 9:27:00 AM More reviews by wargman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this product! I didn't think I would be able to wear a creme blush as I'm oily in the T-zone. In fact the first time I inquired about this blush at the BB counter the SA recommended against it so I didn't buy it. I had a nagging desire to try it anyway, so I returned and bought it the next week. This is my first creme blush so I can't compare to any other creme blush. It is not terribly creamy so it does not spread easily but if you dab it on with your finger and keep dabbing to even it out and blend it, it applies quite nicely. Using a moisturizer underneath is probably best. It looks like it is part of my skin rather than a powder that sits on top of my skin. This color looks like a somewhat muddy rosy brown in the pot, but looks like a natural pinky color with a hint of brown on my cheeks. I also have the pink truffle which is slightly rosier but very close in color in my opinion. Both look good on my fairly light coloring. It is buildable, so you can get the depth of color you desire. I have had no problems with breakouts or oiliness. It has better staying power than any powder blush I've used, but I still like to reapply midday.You only need a little so the pot will last a long time. I haven't tried it on my lips because I have lip colors I already like. I'm glad I tried it despite the SAs advice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2007 7:40:00 AM More reviews by smitten8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this when I went on a vacation on an island. It was hot and sunny and my oily skin's got this special ability to melt my makeup within half a day. so i tried this on my cheeks and lips. it totally looked natural and i was very impressed. i wore it all day long, and when i came back in the evening, it's still there!! i would never dream of using cream blush on my face as i'm scared its gonna clog my pores and break me out..but this didnt!!! AT ALL. didnt effect my sensitive skin one bit. I so love this product and will keep buying it again and again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2007 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Draper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Me: MAC C2/NC15, BB Warm Ivory or Porcelain. Worn for: two weeks.
This is an excellent and versatile product. On me, blushed rose reads very similar to Tawny powder blush, making it easy to do the BB technique of "popping" your blush with Tawny or Pale Pink (I own both). Texture is thicker and a bit more "waxy" than something like Stila Convertible Color or MAC creme blush, but more creamy than a stick product like NARS multiples. Can be applied to lips without the very "thick" look that the multiple gives. Very versatile over just moisturizer or moisturizer and foundation. Packaging is typically BB "sleek", which I appreciate (prefer a minimalist makeup bag). Possibly not pigmented enough for some- I'm pale, though, so it is a good shade for me. May also not last as long on oilier skins. One of the better multi-purpose products, in my opinion. Expensive, as most BB products are, but I would purchase this again.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2007 2:03:00 PM More reviews by aikita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love it!!! It is so easy to apply with fingertips and it looks so amazingly natural all day long like I would be really blushing. Looks great on my lips too. If I had to choose my favorite piece of make-up, this would be THE ONE.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2007 3:23:00 AM More reviews by MissHiss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great product. The colour is very natural (dirty pink), has a mild healthy glow to it. It lasts long and wears very well on top of foundation and moisturiser and is well suited for people with dry skin. Also wears well as a lipcolour.

I bought this a while ago and used it every day for a year and I am not even half finished. This pot should take me well into my retirement!!