October 22, 2014 | 944 users online

Fragrances - Hermes - Un Jardin sur le Nil

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2008 11:49:00 PM More reviews by TRKK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sorry, but all this reminded me of was car air freshener, tart and kinda in-your-face. I only got unripe grapefruit notes and nothing much else.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2008 10:12:00 AM More reviews by Roxlet

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first smelled this perfume on a sample strip in a Neiman Marcus catalog. It is the only time in my life that I instantly had to have a scent that I tested from a strip. I found the scent to be contradictory -- sensual yet clean and green. I am on my second bottle and it is my daily go-to scent. Several of my friends now wear this perfume after having tried my bottle. It's the best!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2008 5:33:00 PM More reviews by sweetnsnooty

Citrusy, green, woody, lightly peppery and warm, and refreshing at the same time. Wow, what an excellent mixture Hermes put into this fine product. I first sampled this fragrance during the summer months and it did not appeal to me -- the dry down was heavy, headache-inducing, it reminded me of an "old lady perfume." Perhaps weather was not to blame, I can't be sure; however, I sampled this again early this winter and immediately loved it, so I purchased a bottle. I couldn't be happier with this fragrance: it picks me up, makes me feel confident and pretty, womanly. Every time I get a whiff of Un Jardin Sur Le Nil, I truly imagine that this is what nature surrounding The Nile smells like and I dream of myself floating on the river with my eyes closed, taking in the beautiful scents.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2008 8:14:00 PM More reviews by MissyElliott

Just finished the book "A Year Inside the Perfume Industry in New York and Paris" by Chandler Burr who is the scent critic for the NY Times Style Magazine. After reading the book and seeing how this scent was brought to life, developed and distributed, I just had to experience it. I was not disappointed. Just the freshest, sexiest and intriguing scent I have had the pleasure of wearing in a long time. The creator, Jean-Claude Ellena, spared no expense in finding the most unusual scent of all time. The story is amazing, the fragrance is incredible (think green mangos, lotus and grapefruit) so check it out!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2008 11:14:00 PM More reviews by ocpunk1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Smells like something you'd wash or condition your hair with, fruity and healthy, but not very sensual or appealing. I really just smell grapefruit.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2008 3:38:00 AM More reviews by sydneysue

Love. You definetly get the bright ripe mango scent....and it's a little peppery/lemony. I often get compliments. Really smells unique. Highly recommend if you are looking for something "different".

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2008 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

Definitely a pretty, uplifting scent, Un Jardin sur le Nil is a magnificiently feminine concoction that ( I can tell ) may be addictive. I totally agree with SensualSusanna that it is just what the doctor ordered during these gloomy, overcast winter days. It's a ray of sunshine, yet it is not loud or cloying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2008 7:45:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wrote the following review for Un Jardin Sur Le Nil.. last summer and I wasn't very kind.

"I really had high hopes for Un Jardin sur le Nil as it was created by the great Jean Claude Ellena. Unfortunately -- upon spritz it smelled like St. Joseph's Orange Baby Asprin on my skin. As it dried down it disappeared. It's disappointing."

However .... now that winter is here.... I have tried again -- and to my surprise... WOWZA! Fresh and uplifting for these dark days of winter. Perfectly fresh and clean for when I need a little touch of sunshine on these grey cloudy wintery sky days. It lasts in cool weather... and smells shower fresh. I get the lily, bergamont and clean watery notes that make me smile and long for the warm days of summer to come.
Enjoy this Jean Claude Ellena scent in winter. Hopefully you'll be surprsingly happy you did. I am delighted --- not disappointed at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2007 6:30:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE this scent. It's my HG of scents for summer because it is different. It's not the run-of-the-mill weak, floral thingy that some people think is the thing for hot weather. However, I gave it 4 lippies because of the weak staying power. :(:(:(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2007 1:38:00 AM More reviews by stephaniepress

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this. Smells like a garden after a spring rain. The perfect fragrance for spring and summer months.