April 18, 2014 | 1961 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Mineral Face Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by raichul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The worst thing about this is the smell! It's horrible. Usually requires re-application around midday. The packaging is clunky and awkward, it feels like the puff should be on top of the powder instead of the other way round. The clasp of mine has loosened after around half a year's use, too.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by spunkie788

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm sad to say this caused my sensitive skin to have a serious breakout, and I won't be repurchasing. In the beginning, this powder gave my face a flawless, airbrushed look and had great coverage. It's a shame my skin reacted badly with it, because otherwise it would've been a perfect product: great coverage, flawless look, reasonably priced (search for PF coupons online and it can be incredibly cheap!), and very portable. If you have sensitive skin, be very wary of the claims that this is a "gentle" and "dermatologist approved"!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by linz152

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is my very favorite pressed powder. I love the coverage it provides and how well it sets. I use it to cover my nose (which gets shiny), my chin (breakouts) and any other spots I've used concealer. It really makes a huge difference when I use this product.

Update: I am taking this from 5 lippies to 3. Unfortunately I have noticed that this product oxidizes on me pretty terribly. I thought it was foundation and switched foundations. When it kept happening, it finally occurred to me that it was the powder. Huge bummer because I loved the coverage of this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Kelybe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is by far the best pressed powder I've ever used. It has amazing coverage and never seems to cake. The coverage is so impressive, I have given up foundation entirely. Keeps shine away, but doesn't emphasize dryness or wrinkles (sadly, I have both!). If I'm having a bad skin day, I simply use a little concealer or Cargo One Base underneath and this powder takes care of the rest. Although it costs more than other drugstore brands, it is way cheaper and far superior to more costlier powders, and I've tried many of them (Cargo Blu Ray, Smashbox Halo). My only complaints are packaging--while sturdy the case is awkward with the mirror underneath the product and color selection--I'm very fair and even the lightest shade is a tad too dark. However, even with those issues, it is still one of the best makeup items I've ever used. I highly recommend it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2011 9:59:00 AM More reviews by summerrain1994

I used this product for a very long to set my foundation and it worked wonders. It was light and not cakey, and smoothed out my foundation nicely.
Unfortunately, I noticed that the lightest colour they have no longer matches my skintone in these winter months. Granted, I am VERY fair and this doesn't surprise me.
The only complaint I have is the packaging - it's very bulky and unnecessary. I could live with just the pan, no brush or mirror - maybe that would cut down on the $20CAN price!

EDIT: I had to bring down my review from 4 lippies to 2 after trying this again. I realized that it is the actual powder that's the wrong colour - the darn thing oxidizes throughout the day! By the time I get home, it looks like I can't match powder with my skintone.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by aliciavogue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a pretty good powder. It gives a medium to full coverage. The color (the lightest) matches well with my skin tone. It is a heavy duty powder yet it doesn't dry out the skin. I love to apply this over foundation. I do apply it alone in the summer, as my skin is not dry like it is in the winter, and it gives a nice, even coverage. Perfect for going to the beach. I do not like the applicator it comes with. I find that the brush bristles are way too course and if you use it you will not get an even coverage. I would recommended a large kabuki for application :) This is one of the powders that I always come back to.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by hailung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this looks great when first application, then it fades way too fast and leaves your skin looking oily sheeny. not good and now why you put powder on! it's not long-lasting at all, and it produces more oil and makes your pores look pronounced. even with a foundation under this, still by 2 hrs, oily sheen. yuck. waste of money. unless you like reapplying every 1 hr or 2 hr. who has the time or effort for that? ugh

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by miss_mimi612

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this when it first came out a few years ago, I also tried the PF loose mineral powder, which I didn't like nearly as much. I remember liking the pressed powder but of course I bounced around. I've recently returned to it and I can't figure out why I didn't stick with it. Definitely the best drugstore pressed powder. I've used quite a few too, Maybelline Dream Matte, Revlon Colorstay, NYC, etc... but this one trumps them all. I also like it more than MAC Blot, which was a previous fave). I have this in translucent light and it matches my NC20-ish skin (asian, very light with neutral undertones that lean cool) perfectly. I would say it runs a tad dark, I remember getting Translucent before and it was too dark (I got Beige the first time, that was certainly a mistake!). It's sheer but definitely provides some nice coverage and is easily buildable. It even my skintone and neutralizes redness (I have a lot around my nose). It wear it over some spot coverage of CG Aquasmooth in Creamy Natural (a HG for me). I have shamefully large pores and these covers them nicely and doesn't clog them. It feels comfortable and controls oil all day, although I do dust a bit of NYC loose powder over my t-zone sometimes since that region is my oiliest. I usually just do this if I know it will be a long day because I don't often bring anything to touch up with.
It is kind of pricy for a drugstore item, but put into perspective it is also one of very few quality mineral drugstore items and I would argue drugstore items in general. I like that's it's pressed and I love that there are only 12 ingredients. I don't know if it makes a difference at all but I do like the marbled pattern of the powder.
However, it is so finely milled that it creates excess powder at the slightest touch. Just one swipe of my brush and it becomes a loose powder. It can get quite messy. I also think the packaging is ugly and bulky. These two gripes definitely do not outweigh the pros though. I don't mind taking a bit of extra time to press the loose powder onto my brush and packaging has never been that great of a concern to me (plus, I will forgive PF because they do know how to design a cute product, hello Happy Boosters!).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Silbermondlicht0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Let me start off by saying that I love this product. It is a bit expensive, but I believe it is well worth it. I have a lot of redness in my skin, and it relieves a lot of that irritation. It leaves me skin very soft, and smooth. I usually buy the loose powder from the same brand, but I hated how messy it was. I usually ended up with more powder on my shirt than on my face. The brush it utterly useless, so I bought a foundation brush. It looks quite natural compared to other products I've used. I love that it also doesn't have a smell as face powders do. I do not have to keep applying it either. I also have combination skin, and this product keeps my oily parts from looking shiny and greasy, while helping my dry parts (especially around my temples) from becoming flaky.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by gracie114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love love love! It's definitely worth waiting for this to go on sale at CVS, because I got $7 extra care bucks when I bought it. As others have stated, the packaging is quite bulky. Makes my face look flawless though!