August 29, 2014 | 1847 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Lalatrue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product has its strengths and weaknesses like every other. If you are very bothered by lux make-up brands foundations and poweders because the clog your pores, this can be a good product for you! I have a collection of chanel, dior, givenchy, benefit, estee lauder, guerlain and other foundations and they all look great on my skin but they are not for everyday use because they just cement my pores and I am too tired of this battle with blackheads.
I am using this powder for a month now and I am very happy with it! My skin became much clearer since I started to use it. I also use their mineral wear blush. Both products do not contain talc and dimethicone, which cause acne in my case. I use translucent because all other tones are too dark for me. Another plus - it doesn't highlight my big pores. I use blot paper during lunch and I do not add any powder on my face, it looks very natural. I like that it has SPF and I can apply some powder on my face before to come out of office. The only dislikes - it has particles of different color, which I think are supposed to be mixed and produce some average color of both. When you use it to the middle layer only one (dark) color is predominantly left, so it is slightly darker tone than when you start using it. It also quite soft powder, not hard pressed, so applying it on the way is almost impossible - you will end up with powder on your clothes. As all other said the brush sold with it is useless, but as I do not need any extra touch-ups, I do not care about it. Btw, my skin is very oily and it stays on my face all day. So I really recommend this product as it is much easier to apply comparing to other loose mineral foundations with similar minimalistic list of ingredients (w/o dimethicone). I was concerned about mica, but it absolutely doesn't clog my pores, so probably I am lucky. It also 16SPF and relatively cheap, though not easy to buy in Europe, but extra shipping cost from US is worth it. I recommend you to try both foundation and blush, but be careful because other blushes contain talc and also the finish powder is not for acne prone skin because contains starch. Though I do not need this finishing veil.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 1:45:00 AM More reviews by NotHerAgain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this powder is decent. I put it on using a kabuki brush after I've already applied my foundation. It keeps my skin pretty matte for the most part. Which is saying a lot because I'm a grease ball.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Paisleyann

I use this during the summer only on top of tinted moisturizer or sunscreen. There are better powders out there for sure, but this has physical only sunscreen which matches the type of my regular sunscreen.
(Don't use a physical sunscreen on top of a chemical sunscreen-it will break down the chemicals making you more susceptible to skin damage)
Once you commit to physical it ALL has to be physical.

I apply this with a powder brush-it comes out less cakey and chalky. It's not the most refined powder, but it does the trick in the summer. For winter this is too drying for me, I just use a non-sunscreen powder for winter.

Made in USA
Not tested on animals
Owned by Swander Pace-an investment company

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Josie_A

I received this in creamy natural as part of a set. It's slightly too dark on my very pale skin, but ok since it's summer. This pressed powder is soft and when I barely touch my brush to it, it gets pretty messy. I end up blowing off a lot of excess product before I close the compact back up. I can still somewhat see discolored spots through this. Overall, my skin looks good but there are better foundations and powders out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by bmag

I am on my 4th one. I love this product. It actually works for me. I purchase mine for about $12 from Walmart, which i think is a little pricey but it lasts long for me before I have to purchase a new one.

My skin is very oily and acne-prone.
I put this all over my face after I apply my acne-control moisturizer. I don't use any foundation, or primer, or concealer. Just this by itself. It doesn't break me out which is what I love. The coverage is medium, it doesn't completely cover my acne, but it definitely reduces the redness.

My skin can get very oily so this product reduces shine as well (also gives a matte finish) but at the end of the day my t-zone becomes oily again.. :( That is why I gave is 4 lippies.

But, overall I like this product and I would definitely recommend it to someone who doesnt like to apply concealer or foundation but still wants a even all-over face coverage. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i bought this at walmart for around 11-13 USD. i normally use the BE mineral veil, wich i LOVE, but its a bit pricey and i'm about to run out. this, i started the hunt for a new setting powder. first i tried Physicians Formula pressed powder with the SPF 50-- and it oxidized worse on me than anything ever has in my life. straight up oompa loompa! so then i tried a loose powder from maybelline that i had lying around, and it oxidized a bit as well, althout not as badly. i'd heard a lot of great stuf about MAC's MSFN's, so i tried that, and it ALSO oxidized! too bad, b/c i loved the finish :( so in frustration i picked up this powder in translucent light at walmart along with Hard Candy's mattifying powder in translucent. i figured at least ONE of them would work, and i could just return the other (thank you, US return policies!). i have to say, the winner is the hard candy. it seems to mattify for slightly longer, and does not oxidize AT ALL! yay!!!! i'm quite pale, and it does a good job of neing light enough and helping to get rid of any reddness my foundation didnt cover.

the reason this one didnt come out on top-- its a 1/2 shade darker or so. i'm on the fence as to if i want to keep this or not.... the HC is a tad bit TOO light, and i *think* this might be a tad bit too dark. it doesnt oxidize on me at all though-- the color i put on is the color i come home with at the end of the day. i'm going t try this out again before i make my final decision. as it stands now, this color may be a tinyt bit too dark, bit not enough to make me look "off". i'll update after a bit

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Jiyapiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've owned this product for all of two days, so I can't comment as to long term results. I don't regularly use primer or concealer or foundation or powder on my face because I don't like the look of layers on skin - but I like this product. I bought it in "translucent", which ...I shouldn't have because I'm olive toned, yet it looks absolutely fine when brushed on lightly. it doesn't look cakey, yet my skin tone looks even after I use it.
Best of all, I think i can use it daily -iit takes two seconds to rub on, ts so light, i dont have to add ten more things to my face, yet it still makes me look put together.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by buescherbeetle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I feel this gives me a decent amount of coverage without looking cakey. Put some primer on and it will last all day. Without primer, you'll end up reapplying. I can't stand feeling like I have a bunch of sh*t caked on my face but I like having an even, natural looking skin tone. This gives me that. I've tried expensive powder foundations but I keep coming back to this. I've had many people say I don't wear makeup. That's how well it works for me. It's very light. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Jake54

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my second compact of this powder in Beige. Amazing, I almost never do that. I use it to set my foundation, not on its own. I use Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer all over my face for the retinol and SPF. The retinol really helps keep my cystic acne under control. Then I apply foundation over the areas where I need more coverage and Mac Studio Finish Concealer NC20 (with yet more SPF) over my acne marks I'm trying to fade. Then this finishing powder. Looks great! The color Beige matches me perfectly. I also have this in Translucent but it is a bit white on me. The compact itself does not seem terribly sturdy so I use it only at home with a Real Techniques brush (not the sponge). In my purse, I carry Clinique powder because it also provides great coverage and SPF, but the compact is stronger and the mirror easier to use.
BTW-I got this as part of the PF Complexion Kit in Medium. This included a blush and mineral veil dupe. It was $15 on sale at Ulta and then I used a coupon so it was about $12 for all three. Super good deal!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Jake54