October 21, 2014 | 1602 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eyeliner Gel Macroviolet

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2008 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Helen031

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This does not show up on eyelids like it does in the pot as in it's not that purple. I think that's a good thing since it looks more natural. It looks like a dark, dirty gray on me. It's not a bad product at all but there are more flattering colors for me. I use this only when I'm using purple eyeshadow. Will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2008 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Pretty deep purple with shimmer. It applies sheer, grey/purple but is buildable. Not quite true to the color in the pot : / It does look very smokey and sexy especially on green eyes, making them pop.
I don't reach for this often because it isn't safe for the waterline.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2008 3:28:00 PM More reviews by liquidfir

this is perfect for a deep dark purple look. as a liner. it makes the color pop.
last long, doesnt smudge.

but not exactly a very usable color in my case.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2008 11:06:00 PM More reviews by schpahky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A MAC consultant recommended I try this. We both have red hair so I took her word for it and was thrilled at the result. My eyes are blue-green and it's rare to find a color that makes them pop like Macroviolet does. I apply thinly at the top lash line and make sure I add mascara. Subtle and powerful. I know others here are complaining about the sheerness, but I'm a PPP and have no issue with the pigmenting. Seems plenty dark to me. Also this stuff stays on forever, even on my oily eyelids.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2008 4:04:00 PM More reviews by ceciliathegreat

Like some of the reviewers here said, Macroviolet does NOT have enough pigmentation! (minus 1 lippie) I really need to layer it 2-3 times to get the intensity I want, and what sucks is that when I do the "wings" in the outter corner, I end up messing it up cuz I have to go over the flick several times. Otherwise, it has the same qualities as all the other Fluidlines.
EDIT: the lack of pigmentation was really annoying me so I brought it back for an exchange.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2008 11:07:00 PM More reviews by chechi

i have this, black track and B&G. as the other reviewers have said the shade is not deep enough. also, it comes off rather easily (i haven't used it with UDPP yet, but i'm still disappointed). don't like it... enough said!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2008 5:18:00 PM More reviews by keruchina

I concur with the other posters who say this color is not pigmented enough. If I do not apply a second coat, I am left with a line that is transparent in the middle and only pigmented heavily on the edges.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2008 2:23:00 AM More reviews by chubbieecheeks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i like MAC fluidlines in general, and macroviolet is no exception. its a somewhat sheer purple with the slightest hint of silver shimmer to it. very pretty in the pot. i can see how it would bother some people because the liner doesn't seem to be dark enough,but i enjoy its buildability (is that a word?). also, i love its creamy and light texture (i have stila's smudge pots as well, and it's dense and less "airy", making it harder to get product out of the pot). overall, i think macroviolet will suit any eye color, so try it out! (prepare for more than one application though!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2008 10:24:00 PM More reviews by bonita29

I love this color, it is a beautiful purple, somewhat eggplant-ish. It is a little edgy, but still professional. It looks beautiful with my brown eyes (they really pop) and it does not smudge or run all day. The price was a little expensive ($16) but the little pot will last forever. I wish they made them cheaper and in smaller sizes as I would get more colors, but alas, it is worth it. I would buy again in other colors to switch it up.

Update: this fluidline is great, I love the color especially for summer against my brown eyes and it does not smudge at all..I will buy other shades in MAC fluidline.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 6:48:00 PM More reviews by maschaa

Got this along with blitz n glitz in a swap, my very first fluid liners. I am extremely happy with them. This one looks like a very deep dark, almost black purple. I paired it with violet pigment today and it looked wonderfull. I can see myself using this one with cooler shades of eyeshadow, like pinks, purples and maybe blues.