April 18, 2014 | 1887 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Power

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 4:59:00 AM More reviews by kbuckm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my favorite mascara; I use it every day. It looks natural, hardly clumps(I always use a clean mascara wand to brush through, anyway) and I can always add more if I want a more voluminous look. I've used this for quite a few years now and it remains my go-to mascara. I tried Maybelline and another brand called Elite (bad choice, bleh); both were really disappointing and just made a goopy mess out of my lashes....Clinique will remain my favorite brand for this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by notfalling028

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Good for a natural look and doesn't clump at all. However, when it dries (really fast) it makes my lashes really stiff. Shouldn't matter if you're not a mascara-picker like me, I touch my lashes a lot when I wear mascara.
For a similar effect and softer lashes I suggest Diorshow (original).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Rapt1m3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It does nothing for lengthening or thickening lashes, but I love it. It's great for everyday wear. All I need is for a mascara to darken my lashes and not smudge. Done. Even with sweaty, active long days.

I like that it comes off in tubes. When I wash my face I don't have to use separate eye makeup remover.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by mohayes1402

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is not the most dramatic mascara I have ever used but it is brilliant if like me you struggle with transfer on hooded lids or smudging under the eye. Once this dries it is there for the duration. Only when I was getting to the end of my first tube and the product was drying in the packaging did I find it started to flake.

Another bonus is that it has a fairly thin/small brush so you can get to the roots of your lashes without blobbing mascara on the lid. I think the formula is the same as Clinique's specialist Bottom Lash Mascara but I would say if you have this, the brush is fine for lower lashes so you don't need both.

If you want a nice black mascara which stays put then I would really recommend this

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by LynOlivia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First off, my lashes are the stereotypical straight asian lashes.
They have a hard time holding curl, and are short and sparse.
Mascaras also typically smudge like crazy on me, unless they are tubing mascaras.
I've tried all sorts of tubing mascaras (including fairydrops scandal queen, clinique high impact curling, prestige lash matrix, fiberwig, and kiss me) and I must say I enjoy this mascara the most.
The small brush can coat all my lashes (top and bottom), separating and defining them as well.
I get good length from this mascara too. Although I don't get tons and tons of volume, two coats leaves me VERY satisfied.
It doesn't seem to hold curl very well in the beginning because the formula is wet, but it does so beautifully later on.
It doesn't budge at all throughout the day (even when I'm exercising and sweating) and is easily removed with warm water.

Tip: If you want extra dramatic lashes, try using a volumnizing mascara first. Then use this mascara on just the tips to add even more length and definition!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by summrgirl720

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Very long wearing. Very lengthening. Pretty dark/black. It is technically a 'tubing' mascara, so this stuff won't budge with makeup remover on me, but does come off with warm water (as instructed). The brush is pretty tiny, if you like that sort of thing. Package is slim - nice for travel. Not earth shattering... probably won't buy again. I'll stick to drug store for mascaras.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Nuppu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

Good everyday mascara. Lenghtens well, not much volume. Glossy finish is nice. Separates well my opposite to sparse (tight together) lashes. My 1st bit more expensive mascara for a long time. Does not smudge. Better than my favourite "natural" one Telescopic carbon black. Search for HG continous; lenght, volume and separation in one.I have tried SO many ds mascaras with not much luck:/
Dc HR Volumatic was the bomb! Everyone thought I was wearing false lashes:) If anyone remembers Volumatic and has found a dupable one, PLEASE Pm!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by VioletDesire

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

UPDATE: Love this now. It gives a wide awake look and although it doesn't volumise, it does give lovely separated lashes. Has not clumped at all.

I'm very fussy about mascaras as so many of them smudge and give me panda eyes. This one doesn't. It's nothing special so I use it as an everyday mascara. It does separate and lengthen my lashes, but doesn't give the false lash effect.

I find it more difficult to remove than others that just use water, so I cheat and use a bit of take the day off if it's being particularly stubborn.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by dlasky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This mascara worked for me for several months, then all of a sudden I got a bad tube. It clumped so badly, it looked like a young child had done my lashes. It also flaked terribly and left black snow under each eye! It took me forever to comb it out and get it off. I returned it, bought another tube, and it did the same thing. (I tried several applications before returning both tubes.) Before this, my only gripe was it was too difficult to remove, which is not a bad thing when you have oily eyelids and end up with raccoon eyes at the end of each day. I gave it a rating of 2 since it started off awesome and morphed into terrible. Try Maybelline's Illegal Length Fiber Extensions mascara, waterproof formula. It worked for me, but not for others.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by angelanggg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my go-to mascara of all time. To be honest, it is not that lengthening or volumizing. It literally just blackens your lashes and make them look big. However what i like about this mascara is its unique formulation, IT DOESN'T SMUDGE!!!! ok, some people don't like it because it has to be removed by warm water, instead of regular makeup remover. But it is not that difficult at all. What i do is I let it on until finishing shower, as the hot steam has already made it softer, I just need to wipe it off with a damp cotton pad.

I got this in the baby travel size from Sasa (but i don't think it is available at their online shop) It only costs me $22 in Hong Kong dollar for a tube (less than US$3), which will last more than 2 months. As mascara will expire every 6 months, I can't think of any reason that I should go for the regular size.

btw, i quit using eye and lip makeup remover long time ago. Don't you guys feel they are too harsh on your eyes? If they remove super-water-resistant mascara and eyeliner without a fuss, I can't imagine what kind of "chemicals" or "detergents" are in that bottle and what they would do to the eye area.