April 24, 2014 | 1513 users online

Treatments - Estee Lauder - Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by chickatheist

this is a bad product for different reasons: (1) its very expensive. (2) it did nothing to reduce or minimize the appearance of my pores (3) it made me get TONS of whiteheads! would not purchase again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

WOW, look at the negative reviews here. I, on the other hand, loved this product and I am pretty picky when it comes to mu and skin care. I used this at nights for more than 2 weeks (I got a sample) and absolutely loved my skin. The scent is great without being too strong. It absorbs well and my skin looks 100 times better than what it was. My skin is normally oily and acne prone but this definitely repaired the unbalanced nature of my skin altogether.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Camandjoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yes, like a few had said, it's not really a serum, it has not improve my skin on a permanently , BUT, it does what it claims to do and it does it very well. I have oily t zone, after using estee lauder oil controlling lotion and this product, I noticed significant difference, the oil controlling factor is amazing, I don't have to blot until like 8 hours after I applied these products. It does feel like a primer though as make up goes on smoothly. But it feels lighter and more breathable than other primers that I have tried, I have used smash box photo primer and I hated it. So I will continue using/buying this since it works, though it's not cheap but it lasts a while plus does not cause breakouts. I will stop using it only if I find another day serum.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by randi2515

As much as I hate to fork out the money for this product, I've definitely found it worth every penny. Been using this on and off for about 7 years and I just keep coming back to it. Don't think it really does anything in the long run for anti-aging or anything but when I put this on under moisturizer and foundation, my skin looks very smooth and stays that way for HOURS.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 12:45:00 AM More reviews by danammelvin

I love this product! It has really made my pores non-exsistent, and trust me they used to be huge! And because my pores are smaller my oilyness is down. I also love the scent. I wish that EL would go back to glass packaging...it just feels so much nicer in my hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by danammelvin

I have huge pores and oily skin. I am 23. I have noticed a huge difference in the overall feel of my skin and my pores have gotten so much smaller. As for the price, it may be a little expensive, but there are so many more expensive serums out there, and heck! this is a serum! its going to be a little pricey because this is the product that does the dirty work for your skin.

additional comments (6/20/11): I just want to say, after seeing some negative recent comments, that I have noticed that even after I don't use this for a week or so, my skin does not "go back to normal." I have seen huge improvements in my skin texture. It is a serum, and I can feel the product sink in instantly (I do use the Olay Pro-X face machine). The serum is also a skin refinisher, so thats the serum working to smooth out the skin and make it over time softer and smaller pores. The website says "In 4 weeks notice a 69% difference." I have been using Lauder only since December 2010 and with the serum my skin has changed dramatically.

Please fully understand the product and what it is supposed to deliver before bashing it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by klhoward

I am 2 days into using this after getting a sample from the counter and wouldn't normally write a review after this short a time, however I am so amazed by the immediate results, I had to! I didn't get this for reducing my pores, but more for improving the texture of my skin after I noticed my 30 something skin looking a little tired looking. I use it in the morning and have found, even after only 2 days that my skin looks so much brighter, the texture is better, it feels so soft and my skin tone a bit more even rather than a little red in places. It makes me look like I have a sheer foundation on when its just the good skin showing through.

However - the downside, it made my skin feel a little tighter than it did before (dry feeling) and I developed increased flakiness and a few pimples. I switched to a richer moisturiser and keept using this but just didn't end up getting on with it. Later I tried the Idealist even skin tone serum and loved that - see separate review.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by perikita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this product. I am usually a “brand traitor”, and this is one of that products I buyed more than once. Since I am 30 I realized my pores increase, I had tested Pore Minimizer by Clinique and didn’t notice any difference when I used it and when not. Idealist really works.
There are two problems: it is very expensive and if you forget it, it gets rotten in a few months.
But it works.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2011 10:04:00 PM More reviews by MySilentHeart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been trialling Idealist on and off for 6 months. Recently I thought I would stop using it just to see if it really made a difference to my skin. Without it my skin was an oil slick within three days. Idealist helps control my oiliness and pore size (I don't have massive ones, but they are still visible). It makes my skin silky smooth and smells great. I use it every morning under moisturiser. I like that it soaks in quickly so I can put my moisturiser on straight away. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 12:53:00 AM More reviews by marchflower34

Finally a product that really works! Shrunk my HUGE ugly pores! It says to use in the morning but I use this on my nose morning and night (but sometimes skip mornings). Using an expensive product like this on only the parts of your face that really need it helps the product to last longer :) I use this every day and use elmer's non-toxic school glue like a pore strip product about every two weeks and it keeps my pores cleaned out :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No