November 24, 2014 | 1529 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Hawaiianxangel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product leaves me on the iffy side. it smells great and KIND OF reduced my pore size but its REALLY EXPENSIVE! I definitely not buy again just because of the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2011 4:00:00 AM More reviews by jojoshine

I brought it early this year but only has been using it consistently recently - I wish I did it earlier!

To be honest, on the pore side I have not noticed any difference yet - maybe because I have not used it long enough - but I did not really have much hope there anyway. I've heard for pores, none of the product out there will make huge difference/resolve the problem.

But I have noticed a HUGE difference in terms of oil control. I have combination skin and very oily around the T zone. I use it before my moisturizer and my skin is not terribly shiny anymore. I have tried so many oil control products and so far this one is the best one. It's very light and also make my skin feels so smooth. Yes, it's expensive but I think it's fair for the brand and product; it lasts quite a while as well.

I do not quite like the glass bottle packing - it's very heavy and make it hard to bring with me when I travel.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2011 6:45:00 AM More reviews by DHendricks999

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh my god, this stuff is HORRIBLE! I bought this one when I was just getting into serums. I had a great night serum and wanted a day one as well. I am pretty obsessed with exfoliating and I have huge pores so this one drew me in right away. I had tried a sample EL's Advanced Night Repair serum and it seemed great so I decided to go for it. After a few days of using, I noticed that my skin was starting to look really dull and dry and the skin around my nose and mouth were starting to flake. I figured that it was just my skin getting "refinished" and kept at it. A few more days, and I had little whiteheads popping up along with some blackheads all over my cheeks and jawline. I still kept at it. (It smelled so great and was kinda pricey so I really wanted to like it!). Then, it happened. Cystic acne ALL over my face. Huge and painful. It was awful!! Needless to say, I returned it. What I look for in a serum is something that will A.) work, and B.) actually nourish and change my skin for the better. This product is just a bottle silicone. Many women say they loove how it makes their skin feel and they can't even see their pore anymore so it must be working. Well, you can't see your pores anymore because they're hiding under a thick layer of silicone. If they marketed it as a primer, I wouldn't take such offense to it. But to me, a serum is a skin treatment product not a makeup product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by avi00z

I got a very generous sample of this product during estee lauder's sale event. It smells nice and the texure is light weight but it is not a serum by any means. When you put on skin, the skin feels soft but you have to wait a couple of minutes for the product to sink in. It does exactly what it say; it minimizes the appearance of pores, nothing more, nothing less. It does not eliminate black heads or any skin imperfections that you may have and it is definitely not a primer. It minimizes the pores as long as you use the product but once you stop for a couple of days, everything goes back to normal. I cant talk about the packaging because I got a sample. It did not break me out. Considering that it is a pricey product and you are getting only results as long as you use the stuff, I would not waste my money and buy this. I think you can get the same results with a much cheaper product. So in my opinion, save your money and spend it on something that is really worthed.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2011 7:32:00 AM More reviews by Eldomi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This irritated my skin like hell!!. May be good for someone with thicker skin. My dry&fine skin hated it!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by chickatheist

this is a bad product for different reasons: (1) its very expensive. (2) it did nothing to reduce or minimize the appearance of my pores (3) it made me get TONS of whiteheads! would not purchase again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

WOW, look at the negative reviews here. I, on the other hand, loved this product and I am pretty picky when it comes to mu and skin care. I used this at nights for more than 2 weeks (I got a sample) and absolutely loved my skin. The scent is great without being too strong. It absorbs well and my skin looks 100 times better than what it was. My skin is normally oily and acne prone but this definitely repaired the unbalanced nature of my skin altogether.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Camandjoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yes, like a few had said, it's not really a serum, it has not improve my skin on a permanently , BUT, it does what it claims to do and it does it very well. I have oily t zone, after using estee lauder oil controlling lotion and this product, I noticed significant difference, the oil controlling factor is amazing, I don't have to blot until like 8 hours after I applied these products. It does feel like a primer though as make up goes on smoothly. But it feels lighter and more breathable than other primers that I have tried, I have used smash box photo primer and I hated it. So I will continue using/buying this since it works, though it's not cheap but it lasts a while plus does not cause breakouts. I will stop using it only if I find another day serum.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by randi2515

As much as I hate to fork out the money for this product, I've definitely found it worth every penny. Been using this on and off for about 7 years and I just keep coming back to it. Don't think it really does anything in the long run for anti-aging or anything but when I put this on under moisturizer and foundation, my skin looks very smooth and stays that way for HOURS.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 12:45:00 AM More reviews by danammelvin

I love this product! It has really made my pores non-exsistent, and trust me they used to be huge! And because my pores are smaller my oilyness is down. I also love the scent. I wish that EL would go back to glass packaging...it just feels so much nicer in my hand.