October 25, 2014 | 1697 users online

Lash Treatments - Mavala - Double-Lash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2010 2:20:00 AM More reviews by mysticachai

Although this is a great product, you have to be really careful using it as not to get eye infections. It's very easy for bacteria to grow in this bottle so it's better to get a separate lash wand and wash it every time you use it. My lashes grew maybe 1-2mm after 2 months of using it, but I also got a bad eye infection from it.
So as long as you're careful not to contaminate the bottle, you got your bang for your buck with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2010 1:07:00 AM More reviews by marigakuto

This stuff really works! Especially considering the price ($8 on Ebay). I bought one last year and it lasted over a year!
Sometimes I got lazy and didn't use it everyday but generally I felt my lashes looked a lot thicker and a bit longer than without it, and they'd always look really good when I apply mascara (very visible for Asian lashes haha).
A couple weeks ago, I bought a DHC lash tonic since I wanted to try something new, and threw out the tiny bit of Mavala I had left. OH do I regret that -- already my lashes are falling out a lot more, almost everytime I wash my face and sometimes 2-3 :(( now I'm left with literally 2/3rd of what I had!!
Just bought another one on eBay but will have to wait another two weeks AGGHH guess I'll have to live with sparse lashed for a while..
DEFINITELY will not try another product again and stick with what works!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2009 6:05:00 PM More reviews by frozen_rain

This is one of my favourite products. I bought it off ebay based on the reviews. I religiously applied it every night to top and bottom lashes, starting from root to tip.
Within two weeks, I definitely noticed a difference in my lashes. They are thicker, fuller, and longer. They look so much healthier!!
For me, the only downside to this product I would say would be the white residue that is left on your lashes in the morning. It can impair mascara application if not removed properly.
I have tried castor oil, but find this much more efficient and dramatic.
Will definitely, definitely repurchase. Thank you, MUA.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2009 3:38:00 PM More reviews by xyan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I started using this product 4-weeks ago, and applied it religiously everyday. I've started to notice my lashes getting longer and thicker.
I asked my husband today if he noticed any difference in my lashes, and his response was "Yes, I noticed a few weeks ago and I just thought it was weird" LOL.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2009 1:14:00 AM More reviews by cainca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Been using this on and off for years since about 2004. Given the reasonable price and the fact that I always see results (when I am willing to take the time to apply it at night - this varies depending on my life) I give it four stars. It is almost a five star product in my mind given how inexpensive it is comared to other options out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 5:30:00 AM More reviews by bobbob616

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was first introduced to this product more than 10 years ago! Being Chinese, I had almost non-existent bottom lashes and shortish top lashes. After using this twice a day, I now have slightly longer top lashes and I can actually see my bottom lashes! Definitely my HG. Although it doesn't irritate my eyes, it does have a weird smell to it. But I'll definitely repurchase for the rest of my life! (Yes, it's that good.)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2009 9:06:00 AM More reviews by starspex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

i've been using this for well over 4 weeks and so far its done nothing noticeable for my lashes even though i'm still using it nightly. Also, I dont like how it dries to leave white flaky residue on my lashes sometimes. Once my bottle is half way down I might try Talika instead,this seems like a waste but having only spent 8.25 on it online i'm not too peturbed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

I have blonde, short eyelashes, average amount. I figured I was just destined to never have fabulous lashes, even w/ my HG mascaras. Then, I did some reading here on MUA. There are a lot of lash growth options, some cheap, some $$$$. I can't afford $$$$, so I thought I'd start at the bottom and work my way up.

1st I tried Ardell (see my review). This was my 2nd attempt w/ a lash growth product. It too comes in a mascara-type packaging. I got it off ebay for like $9 (inc s/h). I used it religiously on my upper and lower lashes every night for several months. I noticed some definite growth and a bit of voluminizing (read new lashes coming in), no darkening of lashes, and fortunately, no eye or eyelid irritation at all. Very good product.

However, I wanted to see if there was something better out there (again w/out spending too much $$$$), so I purchased Rapidlash at Bed Bath & Beyond. I do not think I will go back to Double Lash due to the wonderful results I"m getting w/ Rapidlash, so I marked I would not re-purchase. However, even w/ a 20% off coupon, Rapidlash is still $40, so if on a tight budget, Mavala is the way to go, IMO. I gave this 4 lippies, but only becuz MUA doesn't have a 3.5 option.

12/04/09 UPDATE - compared to the results I'm getting from castor oil, this product is now downgraded to a 3.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2009 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Mai82DN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For some reason, my eyelashes really went down south... they were really sucky. They were very short, straight, and sparse. This stuff does work. I definitely have a lot more lashes now. Now they look fuller, they're stronger, thicker, and a little longer. However, this isn't a miracle product and definitely not my HG. I've seen results from Latisse on Asian girls who had sucky lashes also, and this has nothing on what Latisse does for length. I'm going to start using Latisse soon, but use Mavala on days that I won't use Latisse just because I feel like it is a great lash conditioner. Mavala makes my lashes feel much stronger.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2009 11:24:00 PM More reviews by meiren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for a month now, 3 times or more per week.
I don't know about the lengthening part but it definitely made my lashes look thinker and fuller, and they fall out less imo. It works. Better than those expensive department store brands if you think about the price and overall quality of this product. I will buy again if I run out.