August 29, 2014 | 1839 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Moremi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have purchased this three times and I am planning on a fourth purchase soon. I usually buy one every year. I prefer this to Bobbi Browns gel eyeliner, which I bought because of the better looking packaging. The only thing I don't like about this product is the glas jar. It does not look glamorous. It didn't dry out, like the BB did though.

I wear contact lenses and it does not irritate them or my eyes. I tightline daily with this, but a little bit differently since I wear lenses. I kind of paint my upper waterline closest to my lashes while my head is tilted back to avoid product on my lenses. When in a hurry, it sometimes happens that I get it on my lenses, but as I said, no problems.

After abort 6 months of use, I find mixing the product around with a clean needle helps to redistribute the moisture in the product.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by nhitle

I don't know what the hype is about... This gel liner irritated my contacts AND gave me major raccoon eyes- it smudged like crazy. One of the worst department store makeup product I have ever used. Will never buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Actually

I don't know what all the rave review is about. This thing runs. I've been using Bobbi Brown's eyeliner for years and got tired of how fast it dries out. So based on mua reviews, I decided to try out this MAC fluidline. Application goes on smoothly and I was so ready to love this. A mere TWO hours later, it's transferred all over my lower lids from what I observed, just regular blinking. I did not rub my eyes or do anything to it. Another 30 minutes later, complete racoon eyes. I cannot use a product that runs. I suppose you can use it if you don't blink at all. Big LETDOWN.

I do not have oily eyelids, in fact my skin is kind of on the dry side.
Good thing I put it on at home and didn't go out right away. Imagine the horror if I put it on in the morning, go to work, and didn't discover I have complete racoon eyes until afternoon in the washroom.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

I love this eyeliner because it is so black, smooth, and long lasting... but I prefer liquid because you do not need to go through the hassle of digging in the pot and cleaning the brush later.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2013 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm very lazy when it comes to eye makeup, maybe because I'm also hopeless at it. But I'm really digging that gorgeous effect a simple black eyeliner can do to Asian eyes so I MUA'd the best eyeliner on the market and this is the one that tops the list. And it's amazing! I especially bought MAC's 266 brush to apply this with and I can't believe how much depth and definition it adds to my eyes. It's got a great consistency that' is smooth and easy to blend, it sets quickly and is budge free. Definitely a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by peachez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My HG eyeliner. Great consistency, easy to apply, and it is a true black. Plus, you get a lot of product for the price because it lasts forever- or at least until it dries up and you have to throw it out. It took over a year for mine to dry up and I still had quite a bit of product left in the tub despite using it almost every day. I will definitely continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 4:36:00 AM More reviews by Cath12

Love, love, love it. I've tried cheaper products but they were so much more inferior. Will never try another. This will not budge no matter how oily your eyelids get (for best application, I use a #209 brush). The black is intense so be prepared. I use this on my waterline and it stays put for most of the day. No raccoon eyes! I would love a black that was a little softer for day time but I guess that's what dip down (brown) is for. For those of you that are complaining that it dries up, do 2 things; 1. Put the lid on it immediately after use and 2. Store it upside down.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by erintotheizzo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Win. HG product for sure. I love rocking pinup style, so that means crazy extended cat eye liner. This stuff stays on all day, doesn't interfere with my lash glue's holding power and goes on incredibly smooth. I use the 266 brush (I think?) starting in the middle and work my way out. It can work either way, smudgy effect or super precise. Remember, a little bit goes a long way :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by famouscigarillo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love this eyeliner! It is very soft and easily glides across my eyelid. It is definitely long-lasting but it's also super easy to take off at the end of the day. I wouldn't really call it a striking, deep, dark black or anything though. Its finish is more subtle than many black liquid eyeliners I've tried from the drugstore - which I enjoy, because I like a defined eye that doesn't scream "makeup!". It's a small jar but I know it will last me a long time.

The only negative aspect about it is how it's not always convenient to apply in a rush, or on the go (if a touch-up is necessary). Also I use a MAC angled brush to apply it and I have to ensure to clean the brush after each use or product will clump on it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've had mixed experiences with MAC products, I LOVE their lipsticks and lipliners, but I'm not wild about their foundations or powders... This gel eyeliner however, is one of my loves!

I apply it with a small flat brush and tightline, applying only to my top lid and top waterline - it glides on easily, and a little goes a long way. It wears quite well also, although I do have to touch it up occasionally - I get a little transfer onto my bottom waterline and into the inner corners of my eyes. Removal can be a little difficult as it really does last, but if I'm thorough it's fine.

It's a beautiful absolute black, perfect for everyday, and applied well it really is a brilliant liner! I haven't had any of the problems that some of the other reviewers have encountered with fading/pulling/etc...
Mac's usual great packaging- for me, a great liner all round.

I take one lippy off simply because I DO get a little bit of transfer with this gel, but I would definitely repurchase as it lasts so long and really is good value for money.

(My next eyeliner purchase will be Inglot Matte Collection AMC Eyeliner Gel, as I've heard it's incredibly long-wearing, essentially waterproof, and doesn't transfer at all: I need something flawless for my wedding)