November 25, 2014 | 1800 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Powder_Puff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's easy to apply using the MAC small angled brush but I find it smudges by the end of the day and I look like a bit of a mess. The container lasted about 5 months until it started to dry out and became difficult to apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by NPxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

MAC Fluidline Gel Eyeliner is brilliant!!

Application is nice and smooth, stays put for 12+ hours and is highly pigmented so that you will get that strong black colour that you ideally want in a gel eyeliner.

I apply using a Benefit angled eyeliner brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Troubleina

I wear black eyeliner daily on my waterline. This lasts 12+ hours for me, i even had a YAG eye laser procedure when wearing it, lots of eye drops, no running, smearing or smudging! It looked great!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by marianagallardo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

As a makeup artist I always try to find my HG gel liner for brides, water resistant, waterproof, etc... THIS, my friends, this is overhyped. This last, one lippy for that but it isnt the blackest black in the makeup industry and MAC sells the Blacktrack as that (marketing, people). Beside, i dont find that a little bit goes a long way.

It comes in a glass container which makes the product look and feel fancy, beside the noise that the cap and the jar does when you open and close is... I dont know, I love it, haha.
It dries in the container. Judge me if you want, this doesnt deserve the hype or anything.

In Mexico we have a brand, the name is Adara. This brand have the BLACKEST BLACK gel liner I´ve ever tried. It doesnt smudge, transfer or anywhing. It is waterproof like you cant imagine... you just need a little bit to work with. Another positive thing is that it havent dried out and I have it for 7 months AND it is cheap as hell... In dollars it is $4.60. this is way better than the MAC one.

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by beccatay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have had major trouble with this liner smearing all over my lid. I have no trouble with other gel liners, but this one will not stay put. No matter what primer I use under it or powder I use over it I end up looking like a freak when I wear it. It is super creamy and easy to apply so that is why I gave it two stars. I usually like MAC products, but this one is not for me. I definitely will not be purchasing it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 4:03:00 AM More reviews by iloveyoulauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I AM IN LOVE WITH FLUIDLINE! It is the easiest gel liner to work with. Because of how creamy the liner is, it makes it super easy to create different liner looks. Although, because it is so creamy, some buyers may have difficulty applying it. But for me, creating a dramatic cat eye look, or smudging it for a smokey eye is soooo easy and beautiful. I just got broken up with, boo-hoo me, and I've been a crying mess constantly wiping my eyes. And guess what? Blacktrack stays with me through all my daily breakdowns. This truly is a stand up product for an inexpensive price.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by kamiibbb

It's a really great black but the eyeliner texture itself is wayyyyyyy too creamy. It's so creamy that when I apply it, it easily smudges everywhere. I have purchased for a year now and I've only used it at most 3 times. My sister agress with me as well that it is too creamy. Although it's good for those who want their cream liners to "glide-on", this eyeliner is not for those who want it to stay. I've tried setting it with black eyeshadow but it still smudeges everywhere. At first I used it for both my top and the outer half-bottom lash line, then I tried using it only on the top lash line, and once only as a thin tight lighner but each time it smudged like crazy. Definitely a miss. It has been sitting im my makeup collection unused....sigh* I prefer my Bobbi Brown one and my Maybelline one more than this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by JocelynSC

This gel eyeliner is amaaazing, I applied it in the morning, later in the day went for a run and by bedtime the colour only slightly faded. The colour is black enough to give a somewhat matte liquid liner look. No smudging. Only a little product is required so it will last awhile. People seem to experience the eyeliner drying up before finishing it but I find storing it upside down and tightly closing the lid to prevent this from occurring. Overall well worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by clirby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used this product for years and finally decided to write a review today after crying and then noticing that my eye makeup was impeccable afterwards! I love the cat eye look with a slightly thicker line. Liquid tends to be too fine, and i always end up making a mess. Gel is easier to work with because it doesn't dry as fast, and it's easier to make a thicker line using a slanted brush. I've tried bobbi brown, but the pot dried up quickly on me and i had to throw it out with half of the product unused. Same with makeup forever. MAC somehow manages a smooth fluid consistency without drying to a clay-like texture after a while. Also, this stuff has some serious lasting power! While it's not 100% waterproof, i've gone to sweaty clubs and danced in it, worked 12hr days, slept in it, gone camping for days in it, cried in it, and it rarely budges. The only activity i've found that wiped it off was surfing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Moremi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have purchased this three times and I am planning on a fourth purchase soon. I usually buy one every year. I prefer this to Bobbi Browns gel eyeliner, which I bought because of the better looking packaging. The only thing I don't like about this product is the glas jar. It does not look glamorous. It didn't dry out, like the BB did though.

I wear contact lenses and it does not irritate them or my eyes. I tightline daily with this, but a little bit differently since I wear lenses. I kind of paint my upper waterline closest to my lashes while my head is tilted back to avoid product on my lenses. When in a hurry, it sometimes happens that I get it on my lenses, but as I said, no problems.

After abort 6 months of use, I find mixing the product around with a clean needle helps to redistribute the moisture in the product.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No