October 24, 2014 | 843 users online

Lip Treatments - C.O. Bigelow - Rose Salve

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by shnaps01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product a lot. It kind of works like Vaseline for me. The drawback is that it's huge and the smell isn't to good to me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this product. I carry it around with me everywhere, and use it for everything from moisturizing my cuticles, to lip balm, to elbow cream. It smells lovely and subtle, like a powdery rose, and is very emollient and feels just wonderful on. Will repurchase forever.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by L7412

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was gifted this from my cousin who swears by it. I know she uses it on her lips and cuticles.

I hate this stuff on my lips. It's greasy. I'd much rather prefer Nivea lip balm or the EOS lipbalm. Why would I use this when other great options (tubed chapstick) exist where I don't have to dip my fingers into the tin??

As for use on cuticles...I think it's ok. I like my Orly Cuticle Oil or my Burts Bees cuticle balm better.

I just leave this in my office drawer now for midday cuticle softening when I feel like they are too dry. But I could defiitely live without this product. And I will not buy again once I finish it.

Yes, it does smell nice. But that really is my only favorable impression with this item.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by awkwardstraw

I pretty much live on this stuff. It doesnt dry my lips out like most chapstick/lip glosses do

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff is just lovely - I like the smell, it shines nicely and isn't too sticky, and it makes my lips so soft. The problem? As others have mentioned: the packaging is beyond awful. I can only use it maybe once every month because I can never open it and throw it back in my purse only to remember it weeks later. It's a cute tin and all but I won't even think of repurchasing when I can't even use the product I've got!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by melllm

I always have this on hand. I love applying it to my lips. It's super soft and moisturizing and has a sutle scent. Hate the damn tin though - it can be such a pain to get open sometimes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by vanillasocks15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this Rose Salve. It's super soothing on my lips and stays on for quite some time. I've used it on my cuticles a few times, however I find it slightly too greasy for that use. My biggest issue with this product is the packaging. It's extremely difficult to remove the top. I don't know what it is about this metal tin, other products from different brands I have no issue with, but c.o.'s rose salve is just difficult to open. While I love the actual product, I probably won't buy it again because the tin is so hard to open.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Daphn2000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I truly like this product. Smells good, works good... However, I am frustrated with the packaging. I just went to smooth the product over my chapped lips. However, I cannot get the dang thing open. What good is a product if you cannot use it because of the packaging?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by nabs07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

this saved my cuticles and lips during the cold Canadian winter months and continues to do so! =)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by ShannonRosa

this stuff is great! good smell, leaves lips and other chapped ares moisturized and my lips a nice shine. love it! the only thing is i wish there were more natural ingredients further up on the ingredients list.