C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve

4.3

Petrolatum, Lanolin oil, squalane, jojoba esters, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, cotton seed oil, octyldodecanol, bisabolol, red 20 lake (CI 73360).

on 7/4/2012 11:26:00 PM

I picked this up at BBW recently, as I thought it might make a good dedicated cuticle treatment. As a massage therapist, it's especially important for me to keep my hands as soft as possible. Since I must keep my nails so short, the skin on the sides my nails become calloused. I hoped that this would soften them up. It didn't. In fact, it left the skin around my nails dried out and in far worse condition. I suspect the fragrance in this product negates the wonderfully moisturizing ingredients. Whatever it is, it makes for one frustrating product. One that's going into the garbage.

on 6/27/2012 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Its a really good lip balm and body balm (?) in general. Its moisturizing and does its job. The packaging is really cute & vintage! The price is alright for a lip balm.. its actually cheaper than my origins lip balm, softlips and eos lipbalm. But one thing i didnt like was the smell.. its sorta un pleasant.

on 6/21/2012 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I use this on my lips and cuticles at night. It really does keep them moisturized. It's hard to find something that lasts all night. Basically, this is a basic necessity. I've had mine for over a year, and I use it almost every night (I did have a period when I didn't use it but this tub lasts a long time). With all the BBW coupons, you can get this pretty cheaply. A word of caution: I wouldn't use it on my face. If I get this stuff on my face, it breaks me out.

on 6/10/2012 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

i wanted to love this product so much, i really did i've heard some great things about it.
personally i didn't find it very moisturizing more it just sat on top of my lips and didn't do anything my lips still peeled this just made my lips slick.
then on top of that i found out i am allergic to lanolin oil, which comes from sheep wool and it made my lips break out in little bumps. so not cool.
personally i would never buy this again mainly because i'm allergic to that ingredient and secondly because it doesn't do what it claims. if i wanted something to seal my lips it would be great but this is a no go for me.
happy shopping ladies and gents.

on 6/8/2012 11:22:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have few lip products I would run out to buy again but this is one of them. I usually apply this every morning and night and my lips are in much better condition than they've been in for ages. When I first bought it I was apprehensive about the smell, but it has really grown on me. The tin is nice too.

on 6/4/2012 2:24:00 AM

This is the best lip conditioner I've tried!!!!
The best thing about this is the rose smell,it's not overpowering.
Unlike other balms where I dread wearing them this one I can't wait to put it on!
I actuallly adore the tin can because I can get the right amount in one swip where a Chapstick takes a couple of swips. The price is just right for me to ill for sure buy this product again and a again.

on 5/17/2012 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this rose salve! It works soooo much better than regular lip balm! I wear it at night and when I wake up my lips are super smooth! I have this in blueberry, and Absolutley love the packaging! Though, I would really like to see them make this in a tube, since the tin can become a hassle. But other than that it's amazing! It lasts forever and is definitely worth the $5.50!!

on 5/1/2012 10:46:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is the BEST thing you can put on your lips. Simple as that. I absolutely love this salve. Not only can you use it on your lips, but your face, cuticles, and etc. It has a unique scent to you, but is really good. It keeps your lips amazingly smooth, and helps treat your chapped lips not smother them. This is a MUST if you like soft, smooth, and lips that smell good! <3

on 4/5/2012 11:07:00 AM

This lip balm is fantastic, smells great and stays on, I get extreamly chapped and dry lips and this is such a big help. It is a must for going skiing too. Love the look of the tin as well.

I have both this and the original Smith's Rose salve in fact I did a comparison of them on my blog. I love this. I think the formula is slightly better than Smith's because when I apply this at night, it is still protecting my lips in the morning. I sometimes get cold sores and this type of product is essential to keeping my sensitive lips moisturized when that happens. I use one or the other of them EVERY night before bed and the results are beautiful, soft lips. A lot of people say this is just glorified Vaseline. I disagree, it has rose extract which acts as an anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant (beat that Vaseline). I have NEVER tried a better lip balm before these. There is one problem though. As much as I love the C.O. Bigelow balm, I can't get the tin open if I have the slightest bit of moisture on my hands. I think it gets worse during the winter with the cold temperatures but it's really obnoxious. That is why I went out to buy the Smith's salve which, by the way, opens like a dream. If C.O. Bigelow made this open-able this would be my HG product!

Popular Lip Treatments