December 21, 2014 | 1689 users online

Lip Treatments - C.O. Bigelow - Rose Salve

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by vslaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this rose salve! It works soooo much better than regular lip balm! I wear it at night and when I wake up my lips are super smooth! I have this in blueberry, and Absolutley love the packaging! Though, I would really like to see them make this in a tube, since the tin can become a hassle. But other than that it's amazing! It lasts forever and is definitely worth the $5.50!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

This is the BEST thing you can put on your lips. Simple as that. I absolutely love this salve. Not only can you use it on your lips, but your face, cuticles, and etc. It has a unique scent to you, but is really good. It keeps your lips amazingly smooth, and helps treat your chapped lips not smother them. This is a MUST if you like soft, smooth, and lips that smell good! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by ebanks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This lip balm is fantastic, smells great and stays on, I get extreamly chapped and dry lips and this is such a big help. It is a must for going skiing too. Love the look of the tin as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 4:15:00 AM More reviews by princessrox136

I have both this and the original Smith's Rose salve in fact I did a comparison of them on my blog. I love this. I think the formula is slightly better than Smith's because when I apply this at night, it is still protecting my lips in the morning. I sometimes get cold sores and this type of product is essential to keeping my sensitive lips moisturized when that happens. I use one or the other of them EVERY night before bed and the results are beautiful, soft lips. A lot of people say this is just glorified Vaseline. I disagree, it has rose extract which acts as an anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant (beat that Vaseline). I have NEVER tried a better lip balm before these. There is one problem though. As much as I love the C.O. Bigelow balm, I can't get the tin open if I have the slightest bit of moisture on my hands. I think it gets worse during the winter with the cold temperatures but it's really obnoxious. That is why I went out to buy the Smith's salve which, by the way, opens like a dream. If C.O. Bigelow made this open-able this would be my HG product!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by shnaps01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product a lot. It kind of works like Vaseline for me. The drawback is that it's huge and the smell isn't to good to me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this product. I carry it around with me everywhere, and use it for everything from moisturizing my cuticles, to lip balm, to elbow cream. It smells lovely and subtle, like a powdery rose, and is very emollient and feels just wonderful on. Will repurchase forever.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by L7412

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was gifted this from my cousin who swears by it. I know she uses it on her lips and cuticles.

I hate this stuff on my lips. It's greasy. I'd much rather prefer Nivea lip balm or the EOS lipbalm. Why would I use this when other great options (tubed chapstick) exist where I don't have to dip my fingers into the tin??

As for use on cuticles...I think it's ok. I like my Orly Cuticle Oil or my Burts Bees cuticle balm better.

I just leave this in my office drawer now for midday cuticle softening when I feel like they are too dry. But I could defiitely live without this product. And I will not buy again once I finish it.

Yes, it does smell nice. But that really is my only favorable impression with this item.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by awkwardstraw

I pretty much live on this stuff. It doesnt dry my lips out like most chapstick/lip glosses do

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff is just lovely - I like the smell, it shines nicely and isn't too sticky, and it makes my lips so soft. The problem? As others have mentioned: the packaging is beyond awful. I can only use it maybe once every month because I can never open it and throw it back in my purse only to remember it weeks later. It's a cute tin and all but I won't even think of repurchasing when I can't even use the product I've got!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by melllm

I always have this on hand. I love applying it to my lips. It's super soft and moisturizing and has a sutle scent. Hate the damn tin though - it can be such a pain to get open sometimes.