Victoria's Secret Vanilla Lace Silkening Body Splash

4.1

on 7/26/2007 3:40:00 AM

For me this is tied with Strawberries & Champagne for having the strongest alcohol smell of the VS Garden Collection. I've read in some of the previous reviews that if you give it time the scent improves on the drydown, but it's not worth the wait for me. For a bargain vanilla scent I prefer Warm Vanilla Sugar from B&BW.

on 6/15/2007 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This smells good enough to eat. It's a true vanilla, not cakey, not creamy, just vanilla. It's divine.

on 5/29/2007 11:04:00 PM

This smells great, like Bath and Body Works Vaniila Bean Noel. However after a few minutes I can't smell it on me, so I spray on more. Next thing i know i walk into a room with people and they ask what smells like vanilla. I guesss thats my own noses fault, but this smells good and I just want to smell it. Oh well maybe if I layer...........

on 5/29/2007 1:13:00 AM

i could never find this in the store as it always seemed to sell out, today i got my hands on it and got it along wit the lotion. when i just spray the body splash it does smell of alcohol, but after a minute or two it turns into a LOVELY vanilla fragrance. especially layered on with the lotion, this scent is soooooooooooooooooooooo nice. it smells like delicate vanilla- NOT LIKE cupcakes. i love it. got it for $4 on a 5 for $20 deal.

on 4/2/2007 1:25:00 AM

This is such a beautiful and simple vanilla scent but I hate the strong alcohol smell you get when you initially spray it. Maybe I'll try the EDT and see if that'll work for me.

My favorite vanilla scent, ever! Very warm and sensual but also sweet at the same time. I have a tendency to love foody smells so this really suits me. Will definently repurchase if I run out.

on 3/2/2007 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a classic Vanilla scent, but I agree that the spray has a strong alcohol smell to it. I think it's a good winter lotion to keep in the rotation.

on 1/10/2007 6:43:00 PM

Hmm, I don't know what to think about this scent. I used to love it until I bought it for myself. I noticed a kinda dirt-like note to it. Weird? Maybe I got a bad batch or something. Anyways, it's a decent scent a more grown-up vanilla yet still playful. Guys seem to like it a lot. I don't know if I'm going to repurchase the body spray when I run about, I probably will... Maybe I'll try the lotion instead?

on 12/28/2006 2:06:00 PM

I love vanilla lace, but when I spray this stuff all I get is an overwhelming whiff of alcohol. After a few minutes I can pick out the vanilla smell, but it is not that strong, and does not last as long as my other body splashes. Would maybe repurchase if it was on sale.

on 11/19/2006 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Bought this based on reviews and the fact I had a $10.00 off coupon. I love vanilla scents in the colder months and my favorite so far has been Avon or Body Fantasies by Parfums de Couer When I first sprayed this on I was a little dissapointed. It smelled very alcohol-ish, VERY and then when it dried the scent seemed faint. I went a little "spritz happy"- about 10 sprays with no difference. However, after it "warmed up"( in about 10 minutes) to my skin I was so pleased. A true, sweet but not sickly, vanilla. I spritzed myself over 5 hours ago and I can still smell it. Great lasting power.

Popular Fragrances