April 21, 2014 | 924 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - Amazing Grace cologne

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 8:20:00 AM More reviews by meliskimee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This has been my signature scent for years. I layer it with the body wash, lotion and touch up w/ the oil roll-on for going out. My favorite version of this scent is the body wash, it is the "cleanest' (yet not soapy) vehicle. I like that this isn't anything in particular; floral, green, musk, fruit... What it doesn't smell like is what appeals to me. I get complements on this every time I wear it by both men and women and have never gotten comments on anything else. I had a much older woman sniff me down in line at the supermarket. It's one of those fragrances that people notice when you are close to them, but I really lasts on me, my hamper even smells like this!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2009 9:47:00 AM More reviews by ymantra

I was interested to smell this one since it's so popular. I got the smallest bottle they had Sephora. I have used it several times, I'm still trying to determine if I really like this one. It smells a bit synthetic when you first spray it one, and I can't identify what it smells like. I sprayed it again now in my arm sort of to give it another try and see what the drydown really smells like? I also use this on my girls since it is light and femine.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by cosec00

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you ever watched a QVC airing of philosophy you'd think this fragrance was the nectar of the gods.

I got this fragrance along with the shower gel as a gift with a philosophy purchase. I was actually kinda excited to get it because of all the raves. I like a good, clean, light scent as much as the next person. But the key word in that sentence is the word 'scent'. Why would anyone wear a fragrance that you have to sniff repeatedly to even detect what it is? After a few deep huffs, all I was able to pick up was a vague scent akin to ivory soap.

If you like ivory soap, then I have to wonder why you'd spend the money on this?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2009 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Cruzsluvr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this!! I've been wanting this in roll-on for a while, kept holding off since I have so many perfumes already. My husband surprised me with this and inner grace just a few days ago. The lasting power is amazing, he got me the oil roll-on, and the subdued version of this scent is just perfect for me! the price was so-so, 15 bucks for this, but I guess I can get over that. I'm looking to get the cream to layer!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2009 6:02:00 AM More reviews by makeuploca

I gave a review on pleasures by Estee Lauder, and like that scent, this scent was one of my favorites and that says alot coming from a picky fragrance picker(Not a big fan of Escada.Vera Wang,ect). When I first spray this(everytime) it comes off as strong and kind of bug-sprayish smelling, but once it settles, O-M-G(lol). It smelllllllllssss aaamazing. I can't even describe its scent except for the fact that if floral,feminine scents aren't you're thing, then this perfume is def not for you.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Wyrmiax

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A screechy, harsh opening, extremely synthetic-smelling. The drydown is a warm musk/rose and very nice.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2009 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Kristineth

I know a lot of people describe this as having a fresh~clean scent, but for some reason it smells musky and gross and grandma~ish on me....I'm not sure why. blah. I really wanted to like it, but, I don't. I do love Philosophy Falling in Love though....although the scent doesn't seem to last on me...at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2009 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Sxyska

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First off, I love Philosophy and saw that this perfume got SUCH great reviews both on this site and Sephora so I was excited to try it. I hate to go against the grain, but it smelled like something my Grandmother would wear (no offense Grandma). It was described as being a clean scent, but it didn't smell clean at all. I really really wanted to like it, but there would be no way I would ever purchase this perfume. I do however love Philosophy's Falling in Love.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2009 9:34:00 AM More reviews by eritreanempress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

Uhhhh. This is a SUPERSTRONG musky smell that just clouds your sense of smell. It smells like an old lady and I am shocked that this is Philosophy's best selling fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2009 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Jill70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this for my 9 year old daughter Grace. I couldn't be at an event she was performing at one night, so I got her this so she could cover herself with "amazing-ness" before she went on. It worked - she was able to play that night. So, it's a lovely scent for an innocent little girl without being overly sweet. For her pushing 40 mother? No thanks.