October 21, 2014 | 1815 users online

Pressed Powders - E.L.F. - Clarifying Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2011 2:53:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I honestly don't like this product. I honestly think that baby powder would give a better job in absorbing oil and mattifying my face. I found that it doesn't last on my face at all and I had to constantly reapply this almost by the hour. Really disappointed with this.

EDIT!

This is probably the most drastic change of heart I have ever had in a makeup product. First of all, buying a whole lighter color that was more yellow tone, I use this on top of my tinted moisturizer and garnier roll on to give more coverage and wear to my summer foundation routine in order to set it.
I already have two of these in my bag and i think this will be my new powder since it's so cheap and does the job perfectly. I don't know how I come to hate it the first time but I must've gotten a dud at that time because this held up during the heat together with my tinted moisturizer and concealer pretty well.
I like using a kabuki brush to pat it on my face to give me good coverage without it looking too cakey. Thank god I gave this another go! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by lovelace07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have had and used this product for about a year now. I always just used my own brush to blend it in my skin and I never really noticed a difference. I mean, it gave me that matte finish but other than that I wasn't too impressed, but for the price I wasn't too upset. BUT. . .I do have to say I tried something new with the pwder and I used my brush to blend it into my face, and then I took the sponge it came with and kind of patted it into the pwder and dabbed it on my face around my trouble spots and ithen took my brush and blended it in again and I have to say I immediately noticed a difference! My skin looked so good and I was amazed.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2011 6:57:00 PM More reviews by phoebemarch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was wandering around through Target when I found this product and decided to give it a try because of the $1 price. Being that the price is about as good as you're going to get for ANY makeup product, the quality of it is surprisingly good. The EcoTools powder brush I use picks up a good amount of product and it doesn't go puffing out everywhere. I've learned not to apply too much to one area of my face because it does go on pretty matte, however this is easily controllable. The packaging is a pro and a con for me because for some reason, it doesn't snap closed, it just closes. However, I have dropped it a number of times and nothing has really broken. For $1, I would have expected super cheap packaging (meaning that it would break easily), but I was pleasantly surprised. I don't know if I would buy it again, especially because I assume there are far better powders out there for only a few dollars more. I've also noticed that e.l.f. isn't available at every Target anymore, so I don't know if I'd order it online with the pricey shipping costs. If you find it, it's a convenient and fairly good buy.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by FluffyLlama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's so weird. It clumps up into little lumps on the surface. It doesn't help much with my face..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by demmie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This didn't do much for me. It looked chalky and way too matte, for even when I wanted a matte look. It just looked cheap sadly.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by DASHY1022

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great product that I know will continue to be in my collection. I did not like using this all over my face but rather underneath my eyes to set my concealer. When I use it this way, my concealer NEVER creases and it is only $1!! It lasts a long time as well. I love it and will repurchase :)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by cheapglamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

did not like it. at all.
i barely placed my brush on top of the product and powder crumbled off and spilled everywhere. since that moment the powder just kept on crumbling out.
even the lightest dusting felt very heavy. didnt help control my oil, in fact it made it worse. it just sat there and oxidized throughout the day. by 2pm i was 10 shades darker. i looked like a greasy milk dud.
also couldnt help notice some bumps on my jawline while using this product, which then vanished once i stopped.

i usually finish a product even if i dont like it, just so im not wasting anything. but this was so bad (and so cheap) it found the trash in a matter of days.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 12:48:00 AM More reviews by girrl65

I actually really like this. The powder is not well pressed so it goes everywhere with the slightest tap, but I like this because it is almost powder foundation consistency. I use a kabuki brush and this works wonders on my face. I literally could not believe it. It covered up minor, old acne scars and redness (I used concealer for big things). I went through it pretty quick so I'll have to order a few more. But for a buck, who cares! Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by newyorkrita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the BEST powder I have EVER used!! I have bought a million macpowders and they all are a little bit cakey looking no matter what I try! plus mac's powders never really match my skin tone. elf's powder is so AMAZING! its soft, silky and gives a beautiful natural looking coverage and matches my skin tone perfectly!! plus its only $1!!! I am going back to target and buying 10 more!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by jenntruxton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

love it!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay i beleve i got this in light beige and honestly i cannot stop getting compliments.

its pigmented and almost a creamy powder so to speak.
i use the puff or a large brush and sweep it over my face. once in a while it can look powdery but i buff it in and then its flawless! it cuts the redness on my ruddy skin and it really stays!

its a dollar and for that alone its amazing. its a small package but who cares!!! i already bought a couple back ups bc i dont think i ever want to go without again.

i have bought sooooooooooooooooooo many powders before and always was soooo disapointed for the money and quality.

cant believe i am reviewing such an inexpensive line so glowingly..but dangit ..it works!