November 21, 2014 | 1938 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 4:33:00 AM More reviews by fisek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is might be the best thing I have ever owned. I had been looking for a lipstick that would look natural while darkening my lips a few tones. a bit as if you'd been making out for hours.
this is it. The color is beautiful, very natural yet noticeable and it has a nice shine to it without looking too glossy or sticky. it doesn't dry out my lips. I have dark blonde hair and fair skin and it really brightens my whole face. my friend with darker skin and black hair tried it on and it looked amazing too, so I feel like it would look great on pretty much everyone.
I use it everyday and just add a few extra coats if I'm going out at night.
Will definitely be repurchasing, probably for the rest of my life.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 9:48:00 AM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the balmy consistency of this product. It doesn't dry out my lips and it gives them a pretty deep berry color. However, because my lips are very pigmented, I find myself having to layer to get this to show up on them. I can get the same effect by using Revlon Lip Butter in Fig Jam with less layering. I wouldn't call it a dupe, but it's close enough for me, so I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 6:05:00 AM More reviews by BombshellChic

Just more praise for this product! I have fair skin and dark hair. The color is fantastic on me, if I may be so bold. It's the best universal color I've ever seen, hands down.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by LC2rd

Lovely color on my almost porcelain skin. It is like a bitten lip shade, a little bit of coco mixed in there, but so beautiful! Its a sheer shade so it wont go on super pigmented at first, however there will be noticeable color. I recently read a review on here that said the user had layered it on multiple times and no color payoff. She must have really dark, dark lips for that to happen!

The casing I have is a long, skinny metal tube with a brush stroke silver side and a flat silver side. Very nice looking. Elegant and grown up. I don't think this is a shade kids will like, like teenagers and the like, as it seems more adult, but it is a lovely shade.

I myself don't see any dryness with this shade, I use the Fresh Lip sugar treatment a lot so that could be why, and the color fades nicely to a mlbb shade. The scent actually does seem like honey too, and considering I use a honey mask every night trust me when i say this.

I read that Arwen wears this in LOTR which is awesome:)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 8:44:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I tend to be skeptical of rave reviews for colors that apparently suit all skin tones. But this one actually seems to be true. I have very pale neutral-to-yellow toned skin and this color looks natural and pretty on me. The texture is fabulous, my dry lips feel so much better with this on. The color goes on a browny red shade, but because it is sheer it doesn’t look scarily dark. The color is buildable so if you wanted a darker color you just add another layer. As others have said, this doesn’t last very long, but sheer lipsticks never do. I don’t think I would rush out to buy a replacement when I finish this tube, but I will certainly consider buying again sometime in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by racheezy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow, I love this. It makes my lips a stained brownish red, slightly glossy. One layer looks natural, like my lips are just naturally that color and you can build it to make it darker and stick out more. It looks good however you do it. Its like your natural lips but better, as others have stated. The only issue is staying power but I can deal with it for this. Definitely glad I bought this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by alexandraxy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Now I can say it.... Yes, it's true!
Black honey is an absolute must have.
I was skeptical, I feared it would be too dark for me. It's not.
I bought it after having read innumerable reviews,
99% of them positive. First time ever that I buy sth without having seen or tried it.
I had to order it from the US; I live in Germany and I'm often in Italy. In both countries it's impossible to find it.
The price was good 15dollars (all brands are much more expensive in Europe in comparison to the US).
I also like the silver, sleek packaging - simple, elegant and functional.

But most of all I like the result I get: it's a wonderfully flattering hue. For me, too: I have blond hair and fair
(not too light, though) complexion.
It beautifully ehances the color of my eyes (green).
The texture of black honey is fantastic, so moist you can almost use it without moisturizing your lips beforehand
(and it's all said!).
It's sheer, the quality I most appreciate in black honey,
and brilliant, it lights up your entire face.
The hue is gorgeous: it leaves a tint as if you had just sipped red wine. So, I would define the color as bordeaux. Its undertone is more red than brown.
It's transparent and light and lips look youthful and healthy with just a veil of black honey, much more than covered with
a layer of normal lipstick.
Because of it's sheer nature, it doesn't last as long as a normal lipstick. At my age I've become quite an expert in wearing lipstick and in my case I must say it lasts pretty long. In any case, if you don't eat a complete meal it has
a reasonably long staying power.
For sure a more than worth while purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

I'm so glad I found this stuff! So I was watching a television episode and this beautiful actress had the perfect shade of lips. I couldn't keep from staring at her mouth. It wasn't full lipstick, it was a tint of berry and it was so beautiful, not too glossy. I couldn't figure out what she was wearing. I brought it up to a friend and she recommended this and she was spot on.
This really is "Almost Lipstick" and not a gloss and it gives the perfect amount of colour. I like the fact that it tends to "dry down" on the lips and almost look like your real lip colour. I still have no idea what that actress was wearing for sure but it looks exactly like Black Honey. I think I may order a few more of these in this shade, this is my new HG lip product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by gdeezy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think you have to be fair skinned for this product. Even though it looks very dark, it goes on almost invisible. I have dark skin so on me, it just looks like I've applied a clear gloss. Another problem is that it doesn't last long either. I can't recommend for darker skinned women, but from reading some of the reviews, it must be pretty good for others.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

Not for me, looks streaky and is a weird shade of blackened raisin that makes me look dead even though I am super pale I can usually pull of blackened reds but not this one.