December 22, 2014 | 1797 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Selly03

I love Clinique's Almost Lipstick range.
'Almost Lipstick' feels just like lip balm, is moisturising and has a slight sheen but isn't too glossy.The colour does not go on as thick as lipstick either. Overall is has a very natural look and the colour suits almost everyone. I have olive skin and very dark black eyebrows so I find it difficult to find a lip colours that suit me. I have a few other colours of the Almost Lipstick and love them for everyday use.

Packaging: very nice, absolutely no complaints.

Price: Its a bit pricey but I really like the product so I think its worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Rumrumrum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

After reading that Liv Tyler wore this as Arwen in LOTR I put my boner away and ordered this on Sephora. Almost lipstick sounded like the perfect product. Moisturizing, smooth, can't-mess-up sheer, and relatively affordable. Alas, it was neither moisturizing or smooth. It dragged on my lips and I needed a lip balm over. The color, I'm sure, looks great on most people but I have problematic coloring and it didn't suit me. I'm kind of olive, kind of yellow, slightly warm :( I think I made that up.

Will be returning.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by KatGen

As much as I love playing with different lipstick shades...from natural berries to bright corals and reds, seldom have I found one that looks and feels right everyday. I'm usually stuck with a shade that is fun for a night out, but too bright for the next day. Black honey is perfection for me, and as far as I can tell, it is sure to compliment all skin tones. Sounds corny, but i feel prettiier with every application! It is totally worth a try. I love the feeling and color of this 'almost lipstick.'

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 3:52:00 AM More reviews by wallflowerrr89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh my goodness, this is my favorite lipstick ever! I was searching for a natural looking lipstick for every day wear when I stumbled upon this. At first I was unsure due to the deep brown color of the stick, but it ended up being beautiful on! It is a red/berry color that is perfect for wearing day or night. Glides on smooth and doesn't get sticky. Leaves my lips feeling soft and moisturized. I have somewhat pale skin, but I can imagine this shade looking good with just about any skin tone. Definitely a must-have for your beauty bag!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Magdalena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Applies as a sheer dark berry on me, and when I blot it to get a more even result, it almost disappears. Not my cup of tea, but a fun GWP nonetheless -- I had always wanted to see what the hype was about.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 4:33:00 AM More reviews by fisek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is might be the best thing I have ever owned. I had been looking for a lipstick that would look natural while darkening my lips a few tones. a bit as if you'd been making out for hours.
this is it. The color is beautiful, very natural yet noticeable and it has a nice shine to it without looking too glossy or sticky. it doesn't dry out my lips. I have dark blonde hair and fair skin and it really brightens my whole face. my friend with darker skin and black hair tried it on and it looked amazing too, so I feel like it would look great on pretty much everyone.
I use it everyday and just add a few extra coats if I'm going out at night.
Will definitely be repurchasing, probably for the rest of my life.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 9:48:00 AM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the balmy consistency of this product. It doesn't dry out my lips and it gives them a pretty deep berry color. However, because my lips are very pigmented, I find myself having to layer to get this to show up on them. I can get the same effect by using Revlon Lip Butter in Fig Jam with less layering. I wouldn't call it a dupe, but it's close enough for me, so I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 6:05:00 AM More reviews by BombshellChic

Just more praise for this product! I have fair skin and dark hair. The color is fantastic on me, if I may be so bold. It's the best universal color I've ever seen, hands down.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by LC2rd

Lovely color on my almost porcelain skin. It is like a bitten lip shade, a little bit of coco mixed in there, but so beautiful! Its a sheer shade so it wont go on super pigmented at first, however there will be noticeable color. I recently read a review on here that said the user had layered it on multiple times and no color payoff. She must have really dark, dark lips for that to happen!

The casing I have is a long, skinny metal tube with a brush stroke silver side and a flat silver side. Very nice looking. Elegant and grown up. I don't think this is a shade kids will like, like teenagers and the like, as it seems more adult, but it is a lovely shade.

I myself don't see any dryness with this shade, I use the Fresh Lip sugar treatment a lot so that could be why, and the color fades nicely to a mlbb shade. The scent actually does seem like honey too, and considering I use a honey mask every night trust me when i say this.

I read that Arwen wears this in LOTR which is awesome:)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 8:44:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I tend to be skeptical of rave reviews for colors that apparently suit all skin tones. But this one actually seems to be true. I have very pale neutral-to-yellow toned skin and this color looks natural and pretty on me. The texture is fabulous, my dry lips feel so much better with this on. The color goes on a browny red shade, but because it is sheer it doesn’t look scarily dark. The color is buildable so if you wanted a darker color you just add another layer. As others have said, this doesn’t last very long, but sheer lipsticks never do. I don’t think I would rush out to buy a replacement when I finish this tube, but I will certainly consider buying again sometime in the future.