MAC Satin Lipstick in Brave

4.1

on 4/20/2011 9:47:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am in my 50's and have been searching for the right lipstick since my teens. At least once a week I'd buy 2 or more lipsticks and give them away the next week. I found MUA in my 40's and became a MAC freak.I was loving shades like half n half,myth,peachstock,cherish,spirit but got bored. I have zero pigment in my lips and happened to have 2 MAC captives. I gave 1 to my cousin who has the nicest pigmented lips I ever saw. The lipstick is made for her. She never looked any further. She actually finished a tube in less than 9 months. I thought I found my HG but a few weeks ago my son said eww mom what are you wearing? So the search began again. My last purchase was chatterbox but it is too crreamy and I was not thrilled with the color anyway so when I called to see if my candy yum yum was shipped out I had a conversation about finding the perfect texture and color l/s. He recommended MAC brave.I was on a mission! I figured I have so many tested lipsticks and liners that I consider empties that I will just pick it up for free. Lo and behold as I'm testing my lipsticks I have a brand new Brave.I have MAC cranberry liner forever so I paired the 2 together and I'm in love.. I will get a back up in case I lose it. It is creamy on my and not a MLBB l/s on me cause lack of pigment. It is great for every day wear. Crossing my toes and fingers it is a keeper. Everyone must try it.

on 4/2/2011 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This reminds me of Mac LE Mehr lipstick sooo much. It is just a tinge lighter, but still its about the same range and same finish as Mehr. This is really beautiful.

on 2/15/2011 2:07:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

A little too pink, and a little too drying for my taste. I'm on the search for a new MLBB lipstick - it used to be MAC Hug Me but I realized it was pulling too brown on me. Brave is too cool for me and appears slightly bubblegum pink against my warm complexion.

For reference I consider MAC Subculture lip liner and NARS Chihuahua lip gloss to be MLBB colors.

on 12/28/2010 11:34:00 PM

I really love this lipstick. I have dark hair and medium toned skin, and this lipstick is almost like my natural lip color--it only defines my lips more and makes them look fuller. A friend of mine is extremely pale and has lighter brown hair, and this shade looks amazing on her too. The formula/consistancy is nice, my only problem is that after a while of wearing it it'll start to dry up on my lips and clump w/dead skin cells--just be sure to exfoliate the lips before using it.and i love the smell of mac lipsticks.

on 12/15/2010 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm undecided about this - I like the colour, very classic and neutral, MLBB, wear everyday, etc and it is pigmented enough for I don't like the satin formula. It makes my lips look dry and emphasizes the lines. Looks better with gloss over. I have other, similar shades with nicer formulas (Estee Lauder Dune Rose, Anna Sui Rouge G in 302, Guerlain Gardenia) so I don't reach for this an awful lot. Don't get me wrong, it's nice enough, but it isn't super wonderful.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm fair skinned and blonde, this does not flatter me. I get regular teeth bleaching treatments and somehow magically this made, not only the rest of me, but my teeth look dingy. It is an unfortunate color.

I lost it somewhere and I don't miss it.

on 10/28/2010 10:16:00 PM

I completely disagree with the review before mine that Brave doesn't flatter fair-skinned blondes. I LOVE this color--probably my favorite!~ It is great pink with a slight nude undertone. I like the matte color. I either use Mac Dervish liner or YSL #6 underneath. Wonderful! The only complaint I have is the texture isn't creamy like the Spice Mac liner I once used.

on 10/18/2010 10:32:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

Not for fair skinned and blondes! Has a bluish or purplish undertone, which makes my face look washed out, and lips smaller. A bit drying too. Far not the best neutral/beige lipstick to compliment a light eyed, light haired person.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I own two of these because I love it that much. I'm Fair skinned, NW20 with dark hair (for reference) This is my lips but "better color" for me. I have freckles on my lips and this covers it up very nicely. This color is a great everyday, don't know what else to wear shade. I love it.

The satin finish is perfect for me. It doesnt come as nude as it looks like in the tube, and it adds more brownish-pink on my lips. it's perfect for a subtle daily look without the dullness. It's so moist that you needn't use lipbalm.

Popular Lipsticks