April 19, 2014 | 951 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick in Brave

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Anitag

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This color just doesn't work for me at all. On my pigmented, naturally dark lips, this just looks like a awful pasty pink color with some lilac/purple thrown in! I really wanted this shade to work for me. I had seen some reviews on Youtube of those wearing it with similar skin tone to me (Bobbi Brown Honey), but it just wasn't happening. I really regret buying this and should have known from past experience that this shade wasn't going to work on my lips.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i was told this was similar to NYX Thalia but wow were they wrong! I HATE THIS COLOR. This would look good on a fair skinned blonde but not a redhead. its somewhat workable w/ Money,Honey over it but i doubt ill EVER use this color. this was my second MAC l/s and so far im not caring for them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2009 9:24:00 AM More reviews by mac222

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

When confronted with all the l/s choices at the MAC counter I usually just get overwhelmed and can't decide. I was determined to add another lippie to my meager stash though, so I reached out and grabbed Brave. It looked pretty in the tube and it looks even better on. I have full lips, especially the bottom one, which are fairly pigmented and I like a l/s that finds a balance between showing up on my lips and not being too dark or dramatic. This one fits my criteria! It is a pretty rosy nude shade that I think will be a great everyday staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 7:25:00 AM More reviews by bobbob616

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with this lipstick! I don't normally wear lipstick but I use this everyday now. It's so pretty and subtle. I found a (inexpensive!) Yardley lipstick that's a matching shade of MAC's. If you are looking for a cheaper solution, Yardley Supermoist in Coarl is perfect for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2009 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Sakurazukamori

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this lipstick. i was crazy about kinda sexy, but I just could not find it, so I took Brave instead and I do not regret. The color is a pinkish nude that goes finely well with a black smokey eye or even nothing at all. I always get praises everytime I wear it. It lasts long and the Satin finish is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2009 7:38:00 PM More reviews by ManhattanMermaid

Finally found my TRUE HG, MLBB everyday go to lippie! It's not too shiny and not too matte. Not too "wet" and not too dry. PERFECT for me.

What attracted me to this color was the girl in the Style Black ad... They didn't have a nude lippie for this collection, so I didn't know if it was her natural lip color or what. Well, I went to the MAC counter & was talking to a makeup artist, and I said "I wish you guys had this color", pointing to the girl in the ad. He said, "we do have that, that's Brave and it's permanent!". So I tried it on, fell in love & bought it. I didn't know for sure if he was pulling my chain until I heard on the boards someone else said that was the lippie the girl in the ad was wearing! NC25-30

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2009 12:39:00 PM More reviews by simba2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am loving this lipstick so much. Its perfect for me. It's basically the color of my lips but it makes my lips more nude. And it lasts me such a long time, after drinking something or eating something it is still there on my lips. Its a little drying but not enough where i would stop using this. Definitly going to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by evange

I like the texture. But the colour is too mauve. Infact, all the mac lipsticks are iether too mauve or too brown. They dont have any natural peachy colours (just lighter versions of browns and mauves)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Mariate21

I absolutely love this lipstick!!! It's my favorite lipstick for everyday so far. I really can't pull of nude lips, I think it's because I'm on the yellow pale side. This lipstick falls great between nude and pink, more pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Jbreezy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for that perfect nude lipstick for so long, and this lipstick does it for me! I have cherish before, but since im olive skin, it made me look pale with it. Brave is just perfect because it has that pale pinkish lavender tone in it that suits very well for my skin color. Its pigmented yet subtle. This is the perfect everyday look for people with olive skin tone; color is light but it makes the lips pop out! Texture is amazing. Would definitely buy this product again.