September 30, 2014 | 1247 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick in Brave

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by nast1a

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It wasn't too bad overall. The color was a beigeish pink, unfortunately too beigeish for my liking.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by ppinkrroses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG lipstick color. It's the color of my lips only more intense (I'm an N3 but I have darker rosy lips). It's perfect for the day and I like layering on a lighter colored lipgloss during the day, but it works for night too when I put on a darker lipgloss. The longest I've known this color to last was 3 hours--I had been at work for about 3 hours when I went to get a drink of coffee and there was lipstick on the cup after I drank it! I've never had a color last for that long. I'm always going to have this lipstick in my makeup kit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by simera2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This a great everyday color. This is pretty much the same color as my lips but more muted. It is drying though, but it has amazing staying power.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2010 2:18:00 AM More reviews by leeli86

I love brave!! This is not an astounding unique colour, this is just the perfect everyday rosy natural lipstick that is just beautiful everytime you put it on. It's a comfortable colour that you're going to get a lot of wear from and therefore worth the $16.50 CDN. Like all MAC satins, it has good pigmentation, is nice and smooth, and smells delicous (like vanilla cupcakes!). Only downside is that I find it slighty drying but the trade off is that it actually stays on. I can have a cup of coffee and brave will still be there, maybe not as fresh as when first applied but my lips are still obviously stained. My favourite everyday lippie of the moment!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by sah125

I love this lipstick for an everyday look. It's a soft blush pink color. It goes with almost every eye makeup from smoky eyes to just liners. I use this especially for the days when I want to look fresh and awake.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2010 3:09:00 PM More reviews by MisMeganNicole

The texture is smooth and creamy,but I was expecting a slightly darker shade. Worn alone it's a perfect neutral shade,but line lips with a natural toned liner and fill lips in with MAC Brave and it looks amazing.

View my lip swatch!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by chikky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is my everyday lip colour that i wear to work. i like that it's a satin finish because i can have a cup of coffee without the lippie smudging all over the cap & is still stays put up until lunch time. it would be better if it was matte though.

nice pinky-beige it's flatterng on my nc25 skin. if i could help it, i would never ever be caught with my bare browny lips in public. i always have to have something on it & brave would be what i prefer for a natural lip colour.

my most used lippie out of my multiple dozens, i would repurchase without a doubt =)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Anitag

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This color just doesn't work for me at all. On my pigmented, naturally dark lips, this just looks like a awful pasty pink color with some lilac/purple thrown in! I really wanted this shade to work for me. I had seen some reviews on Youtube of those wearing it with similar skin tone to me (Bobbi Brown Honey), but it just wasn't happening. I really regret buying this and should have known from past experience that this shade wasn't going to work on my lips.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i was told this was similar to NYX Thalia but wow were they wrong! I HATE THIS COLOR. This would look good on a fair skinned blonde but not a redhead. its somewhat workable w/ Money,Honey over it but i doubt ill EVER use this color. this was my second MAC l/s and so far im not caring for them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2009 9:24:00 AM More reviews by mac222

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

When confronted with all the l/s choices at the MAC counter I usually just get overwhelmed and can't decide. I was determined to add another lippie to my meager stash though, so I reached out and grabbed Brave. It looked pretty in the tube and it looks even better on. I have full lips, especially the bottom one, which are fairly pigmented and I like a l/s that finds a balance between showing up on my lips and not being too dark or dramatic. This one fits my criteria! It is a pretty rosy nude shade that I think will be a great everyday staple.