MAC Satin Lipstick in Brave

4.1

To be honest, this color wasn't flattering on me. I have pale asian skin, and if you're asian too, don't get this lipstick. Its also a little drying, and not long-lasting at all (i don't think mac lipsticks last that long). I put it on and it lasted me a few hours, and if I eat anything at all then the lipstick is for sure gone. just not a flattering color overall.

on 6/6/2011 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Despite the overpriced amount i paid for this: $36, i would repurchase this because of how much i love the colour and texture. The colour is so flattering! And looks pretty good on almost all my clients. The smell is also so yummy! The staying power on this lipstick is AMAZING! I had a lip wax, and ate a sandwich and this stuff did not budge! Wth!?
Definatley my HG lipstick.

on 5/30/2011 1:45:00 AM

I really like this color. It's the closest I can get to a nude lip still looking natural and healthy. I'm giving it 4 stars because of the formulation - I think the satin formula, although it has a nice staying power, is too drying on my lips. If it wasn't for that, it would be a 5. I really like this lipstick and will probably buy again.

on 5/24/2011 10:32:00 AM

I so wish this looked on me the way it looked on certain bloggers who led me to buy this shade. This nude pink doesn't look pretty on me at all - my lips seem to cancel out the pink, bringing out a lot of brown, and I end up looking, at worst, like a corpse, and at best, like I've mistaken my concealer for lipstick. It's also so much more drying than all of my other lipsticks, including other MAC Satin shades, and even with a healthy helping of lip balm underneath just leaves my lips feeling cracked and dry within an hour.

on 4/20/2011 9:47:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am in my 50's and have been searching for the right lipstick since my teens. At least once a week I'd buy 2 or more lipsticks and give them away the next week. I found MUA in my 40's and became a MAC freak.I was loving shades like half n half,myth,peachstock,cherish,spirit but got bored. I have zero pigment in my lips and happened to have 2 MAC captives. I gave 1 to my cousin who has the nicest pigmented lips I ever saw. The lipstick is made for her. She never looked any further. She actually finished a tube in less than 9 months. I thought I found my HG but a few weeks ago my son said eww mom what are you wearing? So the search began again. My last purchase was chatterbox but it is too crreamy and I was not thrilled with the color anyway so when I called to see if my candy yum yum was shipped out I had a conversation about finding the perfect texture and color l/s. He recommended MAC brave.I was on a mission! I figured I have so many tested lipsticks and liners that I consider empties that I will just pick it up for free. Lo and behold as I'm testing my lipsticks I have a brand new Brave.I have MAC cranberry liner forever so I paired the 2 together and I'm in love.. I will get a back up in case I lose it. It is creamy on my and not a MLBB l/s on me cause lack of pigment. It is great for every day wear. Crossing my toes and fingers it is a keeper. Everyone must try it.

on 4/2/2011 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This reminds me of Mac LE Mehr lipstick sooo much. It is just a tinge lighter, but still its about the same range and same finish as Mehr. This is really beautiful.

on 2/15/2011 2:07:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

A little too pink, and a little too drying for my taste. I'm on the search for a new MLBB lipstick - it used to be MAC Hug Me but I realized it was pulling too brown on me. Brave is too cool for me and appears slightly bubblegum pink against my warm complexion.

For reference I consider MAC Subculture lip liner and NARS Chihuahua lip gloss to be MLBB colors.

on 12/28/2010 11:34:00 PM

I really love this lipstick. I have dark hair and medium toned skin, and this lipstick is almost like my natural lip color--it only defines my lips more and makes them look fuller. A friend of mine is extremely pale and has lighter brown hair, and this shade looks amazing on her too. The formula/consistancy is nice, my only problem is that after a while of wearing it it'll start to dry up on my lips and clump w/dead skin cells--just be sure to exfoliate the lips before using it.and i love the smell of mac lipsticks.

on 12/15/2010 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm undecided about this - I like the colour, very classic and neutral, MLBB, wear everyday, etc and it is pigmented enough for I don't like the satin formula. It makes my lips look dry and emphasizes the lines. Looks better with gloss over. I have other, similar shades with nicer formulas (Estee Lauder Dune Rose, Anna Sui Rouge G in 302, Guerlain Gardenia) so I don't reach for this an awful lot. Don't get me wrong, it's nice enough, but it isn't super wonderful.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm fair skinned and blonde, this does not flatter me. I get regular teeth bleaching treatments and somehow magically this made, not only the rest of me, but my teeth look dingy. It is an unfortunate color.

I lost it somewhere and I don't miss it.

Recommended for Medium Skin