July 29, 2014 | 1840 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick in Brave

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by sah125

I love this lipstick for an everyday look. It's a soft blush pink color. It goes with almost every eye makeup from smoky eyes to just liners. I use this especially for the days when I want to look fresh and awake.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2010 3:09:00 PM More reviews by MisMeganNicole

The texture is smooth and creamy,but I was expecting a slightly darker shade. Worn alone it's a perfect neutral shade,but line lips with a natural toned liner and fill lips in with MAC Brave and it looks amazing.

View my lip swatch!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by chikky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is my everyday lip colour that i wear to work. i like that it's a satin finish because i can have a cup of coffee without the lippie smudging all over the cap & is still stays put up until lunch time. it would be better if it was matte though.

nice pinky-beige it's flatterng on my nc25 skin. if i could help it, i would never ever be caught with my bare browny lips in public. i always have to have something on it & brave would be what i prefer for a natural lip colour.

my most used lippie out of my multiple dozens, i would repurchase without a doubt =)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Anitag

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This color just doesn't work for me at all. On my pigmented, naturally dark lips, this just looks like a awful pasty pink color with some lilac/purple thrown in! I really wanted this shade to work for me. I had seen some reviews on Youtube of those wearing it with similar skin tone to me (Bobbi Brown Honey), but it just wasn't happening. I really regret buying this and should have known from past experience that this shade wasn't going to work on my lips.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i was told this was similar to NYX Thalia but wow were they wrong! I HATE THIS COLOR. This would look good on a fair skinned blonde but not a redhead. its somewhat workable w/ Money,Honey over it but i doubt ill EVER use this color. this was my second MAC l/s and so far im not caring for them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2009 9:24:00 AM More reviews by mac222

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

When confronted with all the l/s choices at the MAC counter I usually just get overwhelmed and can't decide. I was determined to add another lippie to my meager stash though, so I reached out and grabbed Brave. It looked pretty in the tube and it looks even better on. I have full lips, especially the bottom one, which are fairly pigmented and I like a l/s that finds a balance between showing up on my lips and not being too dark or dramatic. This one fits my criteria! It is a pretty rosy nude shade that I think will be a great everyday staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 7:25:00 AM More reviews by bobbob616

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with this lipstick! I don't normally wear lipstick but I use this everyday now. It's so pretty and subtle. I found a (inexpensive!) Yardley lipstick that's a matching shade of MAC's. If you are looking for a cheaper solution, Yardley Supermoist in Coarl is perfect for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2009 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Sakurazukamori

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this lipstick. i was crazy about kinda sexy, but I just could not find it, so I took Brave instead and I do not regret. The color is a pinkish nude that goes finely well with a black smokey eye or even nothing at all. I always get praises everytime I wear it. It lasts long and the Satin finish is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2009 7:38:00 PM More reviews by ManhattanMermaid

Finally found my TRUE HG, MLBB everyday go to lippie! It's not too shiny and not too matte. Not too "wet" and not too dry. PERFECT for me.

What attracted me to this color was the girl in the Style Black ad... They didn't have a nude lippie for this collection, so I didn't know if it was her natural lip color or what. Well, I went to the MAC counter & was talking to a makeup artist, and I said "I wish you guys had this color", pointing to the girl in the ad. He said, "we do have that, that's Brave and it's permanent!". So I tried it on, fell in love & bought it. I didn't know for sure if he was pulling my chain until I heard on the boards someone else said that was the lippie the girl in the ad was wearing! NC25-30

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2009 12:39:00 PM More reviews by simba2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am loving this lipstick so much. Its perfect for me. It's basically the color of my lips but it makes my lips more nude. And it lasts me such a long time, after drinking something or eating something it is still there on my lips. Its a little drying but not enough where i would stop using this. Definitly going to repurchase.