December 18, 2014 | 1702 users online

Lip Treatments - Laura Mercier - lip silk

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2004 7:06:00 PM More reviews by crazymocha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a GREAT product. I put it on before I go to bed and it protects my lips the whole night (with heater on!!!); the next morning my lips are still moisturized. It's a thick cream, so I would only use it before bed or when my lips are really chapped/dried. The price is extremely pricy ($19), but one tube does last one winter.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2004 10:16:00 AM More reviews by labelslut

Hmmm, I thought this was my holy grail lipbalm until Helena Rubinstein's Collagenist Lip Zoom came along. Lip Silk is pretty okay but it doesn't leave my lips as smooth and plump as Lip Zoom. It is also quite hard to get it out of the tube, unlike Lip Zoom.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2003 8:09:00 PM More reviews by lolly5377

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've tried about a zillion different lip hydrating products, and I think this is probably the best. I can't understand all the complaints about the price. Carmex and ChapStick are wax and just dry out your lips. Clinique's All About Lips is $20, doesn't work as well, and you get about half the amount as with Lip Silk (because the stupid little pump on the All About Lips won't get out all the product from the bottle). Very moisturizing and won't rub off. I've got very dry lips and this is the perfect product for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2003 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Lisacarmel

I cant understand why this stuff is so expensive. It seems hard and waxy to me, and I have a hard time even squeezing some out. I will stick with my Burts Bees Honey beeswax or Avon Dew Kiss over this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2003 8:50:00 PM More reviews by KAHMEH

I removed a lippie for the price, which, as noted below, is outrageous at $18, but this stuff really works for me. It's not too greasy, but it's thick, soothing and very protective. It lasts a long time as long as you don't drink or eat anything. But when you do need to reapply, a very little bit goes a long way. (Which is good, because this is a tiny package for $18!)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2003 7:45:00 PM More reviews by kookykitty

Do not waste your money on this product if you are looking for something to soothe and moisturize dry chapped lips. The Laura Mericer MA at Macy's in Downtown Plaza, Sacramento bullied me into getting. She basically insulted me and said she couldn't talk to me until I put some Lip Silk on(that wasn't even the insulting part!). Ok, anyhoo, this product was nothing but vaseline on my lips. Icky and thick with absolutely no moisturizing going on at all. It just sat there on my lips. Save your $18 and buy a tube of Aquaphor and a lipgloss instead.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2003 1:00:00 PM More reviews by GlitzyGlam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this from an awesome swapper (I just couldn't bring myself to pay 18$ for a chapstick, minus the stick I guess). Anyway, it's very hard to squeeze out of the tube, so it's a very thick wax substance. I was expecting a creamy gel type formula. I quit using all of those 2 dollar drugstore chapsticks because they actually dried my lips out so I had to keep using them constantly. The Lip Silk, didnt do that, thank god. I just dont see why it's so expensive. They make it sound all nice by naming it lip SILK, but don't be fooled. It lightly moisturizes and creates a nice waxy barrier over your lips, preventing them from further drying out (good for night time). However, I think Clinique's all about lips should be the one named lip silk, it's like a creamy lotion in a lil pump that makes your lips silky as can be. I actually do think Clinique's is worth the 20 bucks. This is a fairly good product, but it's just not worth 18$, in my honest opinion. There are other 18$ lip products at Sephora that work much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2003 12:13:00 PM More reviews by allthatglitters

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lip Silk is not worth the price. A heavy waxy layer sits on top of your lips with little hydration.
Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2003 6:16:00 AM More reviews by Cordelia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product did not work at all for me. It is a thick balm that comes in a squueze tube. The balm is colourless and scent-free. It applies easily to the lips. I only used this once - I applied it at night and left it on overnight. When I woke in the morning my lips were dry and sore, and the dry, cracked feeling did not go away for another 4 days. Definitely wouldn't use again, though it might suit others, as my lips are quite sensitive.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2003 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Grakkeh

This is a really great product. It instantly softened my lips for hours, no need to keep reapplying. And a little really goes a long way. It retails for $18, which is a bit pricey, but I purchased mine from eBay for much cheaper. I will definitely repurchase when the time comes. Anything for a lip product this great!