August 1, 2014 | 1726 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 2:41:00 AM More reviews by woaifobs

I have a couple tubes of this lying around. Everybody in my family loves it for it's smell and how it leaves your face smooth, supple, exfoliated, and soft. It's a joy to wash your face in the morning and before bed. Just to be clear - it smells amazing and the smell lingers for just a perfect amount of time.

As for anti-acne and blackhead removing... it doesn't have the the strength that concentrated treatments have, so don't expect this $4 tube of facial cleanser to work miracles if you have severe acne and blackhead/pore problems.

I will continue to repurchase for the rest of my life. As for packaging, the soft tube is very soft and nice. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by srao92

I personally have not experienced any of the anti-acne claims of this product. It works well as an exfoliator though so I'm going to stick to using the regular version instead.

Removed two lippies because of harshness of product (very abrasive beads) and no effect on acne besides general exfoliation properties.

It will make your skin more sensitive over time so I recommend not using it more than 3 times a week unless you are very oily. 5 times a week should be max for the few unfortunates with over productive sebaceous glands.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Puresimple1

This is amazing! Has been a HG product for years!! But one thing I have to warn everyone is DO NOT Use it with your clarisonic! The granules will get stuck and potentially break your device! Also not to scrub too hard since it's ground shells (it's possible to scratch your skin!) and make sure you purchase it in a tube! Much more hygienic :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Ttylxox

I used it before and it immediately cleared my acne. It also left my skin feeling soft and I got compliments on my complexion. I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by squirrelXetiquette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hey-ooooo!! Love this scrub; i cannot picture my life (read: face) without it! It does the job without breaking the bank! The scrub is rough but not too rough; the scent is pleasant; the slight salicylic acid is fab! I love this face (and body!) scrub sooo much. Try it & you will fall in love with your smooth, fresh face!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by goshelbyjo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Duration- I have been using this scrub off and on for about 5 years. (My mom has used the fresh face one for a decade)

Price- $5 = no problem (Tip: Walmart brand "Equate Beauty" has the generic product for half the price. Trust me, it's exactly the same.)

Packaging- Absolutely no complaints

Smell- Just like apricots. Nice and fresh.

Formula- Definitely for exfoliating with the grittiness, but not too rough.

Intended Purpose- Once daily use to rid the face of dead skin and clogged pores.

Results- Fresh, soft feeling face with noticeably clean pores.

Other- It's oil and paraben free, which is a plus.

Conclusion- I can see myself repurchasing this forever. There's just nothing that comes close to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 8:06:00 AM More reviews by ButterflySami

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best scrub for the money! Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by shengqix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The beads are very irregular, it feels harsh scrubbing it on my face, i feel like i'm just tearing my pores with the irregular edges of the natural apricot beads... but it does clean my skin very well without any harsh chemicals. it doesn't take away all the oil from my face, but it leaves my face feeling clean!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by lizrocks8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

First of all, many people complain that this scrub is too harsh and can cause damage to your skin. The trick is to VERY GENTLY scrub your face with this in circular motions.
It's not a great scrub. I've used better ones but it's reasonable for its low price. It has a very strong smell which I don't really like and after about two weeks of use the lid broke off. I have severe acne, acne scarring and very oily skin but I'm currently taking doxycyline. I use this in the shower every second night (very gently) and when I apply makeup the next morning my skin is very smooth and supple. I do like that is has some acne controlling ingredients but I would probably recommend this to someone with very mild acne and oily skin. If you have sensitive or dry skin, do not use this product. Go for something with small, evenly sized beads or even an AHA or DHA mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by bonbon1281

Awesome product! I've already repurchased this many times over. I have an oily T zone and do break out at times along my jaw line and especially my chin and this product helps to deep clean my face from any oil, sweat, and makeup and makes my skin feel "aaaahhhhh".