April 20, 2014 | 1871 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Garden Tomato Complexion Soap ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2006 4:24:00 PM More reviews by ChicaBoricua

I bought a whole bunch of Burt's Bees products in an effort to eliminate anything and everything that contains parabens. This soap is just awesome. My skin was breaking out quite repeatedly, not sure if it was due to the Yves Rocher products I was using before (had to get rid of them bc of parabens) but the minute I used this soap my skin was very radiant and soft. Within two weeks my face has cleared up completely and it has a glow and radiance I was never able to achieve before with other products. This does not dry out my skin and it cleanses it very well. My Burt's Bees routine is as follows: 1) Wash with the Tomato soap 2) exfoliate with the citrus scrub 3)followed by the tomato toner 4) spray the carrot oil mist 5) moistuirze with the carrot facial creme 6) pat royal jelly eye creme around eyes. This routine has made my skin really beautiful and I am getting compliments all the time. It works for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2006 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Wildflower583

So far I am really loving this soap a lot. I bought it in a sample pack along with the Wild Lettuce soap which I also love and I'm very happy I did. I'm going to go buy the full size of this when the small one is gone. This leaves my skin so clean and soft and doesn't dry me out at all. I use this along with the Garden Tomato toner and it's just remarkable in the short time I've been using this how much the texture of my skin has improved. Also the recent breakout out I got before I started using this has greatly diminished. So very Impressed. Smells great too and also does a pretty good job of removing make-up. Love the idea of not putting a bunch of chemicals on my skin. Since this I have explored other Burt's Bees products and I'm really liking everything for the most part! Awesome line.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2006 11:56:00 AM More reviews by oasdus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My skin has been breaking out lately, so I started using the tomato soap and toner based on reviews here. I stopped breaking out and the skin is healing up. I also love the smell of these products, the soap especially. I wonder if the lycopene in the tomato is the soap's secret to improving skin? Here are the ingredients: Vegetable soap base, fragrance, tomato powder, aloe barbadensis.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2006 1:40:00 AM More reviews by weasermae

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this soap. I use it every night along with the Tomato toner. It keeps my skin in check regarding breakouts. If I use something else, or go a day or so without it, my skin doesn't look so happy! I had really bad acne as a teen, and now get occasional breakouts. But this soap truly helps. I really love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2006 8:52:00 PM More reviews by nemesis41

This is quite a good cleanser. It's great for my combination skin in the summer months, though I suspect it might be a bit too drying in the winter. It really gets the oil and gunk off my face, and my skin feels clean for hours after using it. I also like cleansers in bar form, easy to use and lasts a long time. I also like the fact that this smells like fresh tomato plants in a garden.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2006 1:20:00 PM More reviews by 40sgirl

I really love this soap! I just bought my second bar. This is the only cleanser I have used that seems to clear up my skin, and I have tried lots of different kind of cleansers for acne and oily skin but the Burt's Bees stuff really seems to do the trick. I use this along with the tomato toner. It lasts me about 6 months.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2006 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Amazaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product! From the colorful packaging, to the smell, to the red color! I only gave it 4 lippies because, at times, it can be drying but in the end, it keeps my skin free of breakouts! I would buy it again; it is pricey but lasts a long time.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2006 10:36:00 PM More reviews by iceboi

This soap clears your skin dramatically on the 2nd week usuage but I find it to always purge my skin badly leaving me with deadly pimples. I do love how it leaves my face squeaky clean but then I always find a film of it left on my face after every wash. Will not re-purchase. Also very expensive for a damn bar of soap. If you like all natural try LUSH prodcut skin care line.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2006 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Traceym329

I have been using this product for five years. I absolutely love it and will never not use it. I used to have horrible break outs and this was the only thing that cleared it up. It is for oiler skin. I have recommended this to several other people who all loved it as well. You can buy it for about $6 a bar, which I think is pretty reasonable. The smell is great. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2006 8:42:00 AM More reviews by ljanik01

This soap is definitely for oily skins- would be a bit harsh for dry complexions because it really gets rid of oil! I like the smell and color, and don't understand the complaints about the size of the bar. It's a pretty standard size for a facial bar soap and you need very little lather to get the effect. My only complaint is that it doesn't do a good job removing mascara, I have to lather up twice around my eyes (I hate eye makeup removers). A bit expensive but worth it (IMO) for something all natural.