July 25, 2014 | 1179 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by CupcakesAndUnicorns

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This review is for the original German version, not the one that is made in Mexico.

The actual cream is thick. Like, super thick. This makes it quite difficult to rub in, but I find that warming it up in my hands first helps it go on more smoothly. I also make sure my face is 100% free of water when I put it on, or else the oils in the cream mix with the water and create this 'slick' that just kind of sits there.
As for the scent, I'm really into it. It's kind of citrusy-powdery, which I think is delicious and comforting. It's quite strong though, so if you're sensitive to fragrances in your products this would probably annoy you.
I buy the 100ml tube because it's easier to carry around and more hygienic than the tubs, but I'm not sure if it's available in tubes in all countries. One tube lasts me about 2 months.

At night, I wash my face and then apply 5% benzyl peroxide to ward off any evil blemishes which may be lurking. Once the BP has soaked in completely (I usually give it 15 minutes or so) I literally slather my face and neck in the cream and go to bed with this 'mask' on. By the time I get up in the morning, it's all sunk in and my face is soft and dewy.

Most mornings I just rinse my face with hot water, apply sunscreen and some vanishing cream (only on my oily bits) and nothing else. However, when I wear makeup, I mix in a little of the cream with my foundation and apply it with a stippling brush. This gives the most beautiful look to my skin after I set with powder - My face is matte, but somehow still glowy and pretty. The best part is that my foundation never looks cakey, even after powdering multiple times throughout the day.

I never thought such a thick, fragranced product would work for me, but my face just eats it up with relish. Fabulous, amazing stuff.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by skinsthatcare

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Some of my friends mums use this cream and I used to use it when I was a teenager.I recently repurchased as the skin on my hands was drying out from excessive washing up and this was the only moisturizer they had in the pharmacy.

What I like about this product is the price is very cheap in comparison to other skin hydration products so it is good value for money, it leaves your skin texture soft and moisturizer and it comes in a practical container with a silver grey security seal so you know when you open it it hasn't been contaminated with other products.
What I don't like about this product is that it is highly perfumed and I'm not really a fan of the scent as its not gentle enough for me, it can leave your skin with a shiny residue on it as not all the product is absorbed by the skin, it can cause some spots because it is greasy, it doesn't have ability to hydrate lines on the face and I wondered why they chosen that shade of navy blue for the packaging.

I have been using shu uemura depp sea moisturising lip balm and caudalie pulp vitaminee regenerating concentrate in combination with this product to enhance the skim hydration as the product was not enough by itself.it feels like a product for use in cold weather to create a barrier between cold winds and your skin if you are someone who is forced to spend a lot of time outdoors in cold weather.I would repurchase this product for this purpose and to use on my body but I am still looking for a more effective moisturizer with increased skin hydration as the small line at the side of my mouth wasn't hydrated from using this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Jess9

This works great for me. I have combination skin and I use this cream all over my body. It is a very heavy, very moisturizing cream so I wouldn't recommend if you have major acne problems. I've repurchased many times. I like it especially for around the eyes. I took away a lippie because of the packaging. I wish it came in a large squeeze tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am reaching for this more and more now that its getting colder. It snowed today. I put this on my nose, cheeks, hands, everywhere that feels dry and chapped. It is thick and can be white at first but goes away with rubbing in it and leaving it to dry. Feels great everywhere and I love the smell. The blue tin that is so distinguishable makes it great for traveling. It is cheap and can be found everywhere. This product is so easy, multitasking, and comforting.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2013 6:00:00 AM More reviews by sassiko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Well well who knew this basic moisturiser was so good. Since reading about how this cream is better than creme de la mer I started using it on my face. I gave it 4 stars because I have been mixing some sweet almond oil with it, so essentially this is a review of the combination, but it has nicely cleared up a patch of really dry skin around my nose which I thought was ezcema or psoriasis. It smells lovely - so homely and of childhood and its dirt cheap. Fab!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Nitala

This stuff is heavy and greasy however, it works WONDERFULLY on cold, windy days. I'm a student so I pretty much have to rely on buses and walking to get to where I need to go. This stuff keeps my skin soft ALL DAY without reapplication. This is fantastic stuff for my dry skin since it tends to get even worse during the winter. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by jengin45

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm obsessed. I look forward to putting this stuff on. Wow! Very creamy and moisturizing. Greasy at first but really soaks in.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by ratgirldjh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I know most of the reviewers on here prefer the German version of this creme - but I don't.

I like the one that I can buy at Walmart in the huge 13.5 cobalt glass jar. Yes, it has petroleum jelly in it - but I think it works much better than the one without.

for some reason I was sensitive to the 'fragrance' in the German one and this one doesn't bother me.

Plus I find that this one soaks in faster and is just all around good for my skin, the german nivea just sat on my skin.

i like to use this for a facial cleanser as well - i use it just like cold cream; put a layer on my face massage it in and remove it with a tissue and sometimes use a warm washcloth after. leaves my face smooth and hydrated!

So yay for the Mexican/American version of this creme! It deserves some love as well :)

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This review is for the GERMAN Nivea Creme.

I decided to try this after reading the feature in the Daily Mail where they put Nivea up against Creme De La Mer--Nivea held its own and then some. I was going to grab a tin from my local Target but I learned about the differences between the Mexican and German formulations and decided to get the "good stuff" online.

The creme goes on thick and creamy, but after a few seconds of rubbing/body heat, the formula becomes much thinner and spreads beautifully. I use it at night under some argan oil; the next morning my skin is soft and plumper, with any lines smoothed out. It also didn't break me out. I don't mind the Nivea smell...I kind of like it, actually. But the scent is there and strong, and may be off-putting to those sensitive to fragrances.

I took a page from CDLM's book and use a little spatula to scoop out the creme--that keeps my fingers out of the tin and helps to keep the product more sanitary. Also, a little creme goes a long way: a pea-sized amount or two is all that is really needed, and it soaks right in. Use too much and it all won't make it into the skin--you'll have a shiny slick.

This is definitely worth the hassle of finding it online!

FWIW, the Mexican formulation--this is what is sold in the US--is excellent as a hand and body moisturizer. A bit slimy for the face, IMO.