MAC Satin Lipstick - Myth

castor oil, trioctydodecyl citrate, glyceryl triacetyl hydroxysterate, candellla wax, octydodecanol, silica, jojoba oil, beeswax, sesame oil, ozokerite, carnauba wax, cetyl ricinoleate, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, vanillin.

on 3/17/2012 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Warm medium light skin tone. Makes me look dead. Dark hair. Light eyes.

on 3/17/2012 10:26:00 PM

I was SO skeptical about this color at first. I got in a back to Mac swap so it was free but the MA had to convince me to walk away with it. The key to this lipstick is manipulation! I adore how many custom colors you can make with this...my favorites being the mixtures with Costa Chic, Impassioned and the recently purchased Viva Glam V! Now that I know it's capabilities I will never be without one in my extensive lip collection!

on 3/14/2012 9:19:00 PM

I have bought this product twice. It looks nice with a tan or when I'm pale. It does have a "chalky" feel and look. At times, it highlights (or produces?) flakiness on my lips. If you use too much, it washes you out. However, I like it b/c I can combine it with lip liner, a dot of lip gloss at the center of my bottom lip, or wear it alone and it all looks good!

on 3/13/2012 4:14:00 AM

This is a really good shade of nude lipstick! My only problem is that it's extremely drying, and it settles into the cracks of your lips and flakes off in an unflattering way, even if you use lip balm on your lips first. I'm not 100% if I would re-purchase it or not

on 3/12/2012 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

What i like about this lipstick is that it's creamy and very pigmented. To me it smells like donuts and i love it! haha.
Myth doesn't make your lips too pale so you dont look like you're dead. I have used it for couple times now and unfortunately it didn't last long on my lips. So you maybe have to add it more later.
I got mine for 19 and it's quite expensive to me..

on 2/11/2012 10:10:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm so glad that I waited until now to review this lipstick. I was iffy about it at first but now I love it. I just had to learn how to apply it (I apply a bit and then spread it around with my finger). I don't get a death lip look from this colour. It works with the colour of my lips to give me a muted pinky peach colour. It looks amazing with a gloss over it!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE this colour soooo much, im NC35 so i have yellow tones to my skin and am obsessed with finding the perfect nude with a hint of pink and this is my favourite, Its a lovely silky matte lipstick and the colour is intense - i hate those sheer ones! and its pretty cheap, but it should be because the packaging is pretty bland and rubbish. Another downside is that with using it every day it only lasts a month. Ive tried so many nudes though and this id definitely my favourite.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I love pairing Myth with baby pink and pale peach lipgloss. It is a vanilla shade with a subtle peachy tone to it. I really can't wear it alone as its just too pale for my skintone but it's fabulous for canceling out my lips natural hue underneath lipgloss.

on 1/16/2012 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I avoided this lipstick forever since so many people said it gave them death lips, looks like a concealer, washed them out, etc. But I saw a You Tube video of a girl with a similar skin tone so I then ordered it off of Nordstrom's site. I'm happy to report that it does not make me look dead! I can't believe I've avoided this colour for so long. On me, it shows up as a pinky beige nude. Myth reminds me of a ligher version of peachstock. I'm not sure if I will repurchase since I reach for Peachstock more. As far as MAC lipsticks go, Peachstock is still number one for me. Its a very nice colour, but still is not perfect. So I took one lippie off.

on 12/31/2011 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have medium to tan skin and black hair, so its extremely hard to find a good nude lipstick that doesn't make me look dead! But this one I really love. It has peachy undertones so it works with tan skin. I have read reviews saying its drying, but I haven't noticed it being dry at all, even with a lip liner underneath and no chapstick. The staying power isn't great though unfortunately. It does last about an hour so make sure you bring it with you when your going out. Other than that I really do love it! Perfect nude color!

Recommended for Medium Skin