April 25, 2014 | 1129 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - TruBlend Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2008 5:56:00 PM More reviews by jse23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder! The texture is almost creamy, and blends well. I've repurchased this twice, and both times it worked out great. Good coverage, I dust it over my foundation to set it, and then do a few touch-ups during the day. My advice for this, and all pressed powders, is to ditch the foam pad (because not only does it holds germs, but it deposits too much powder and makes the face looks chalky) and buy a fluffy powder brush. It works alot better.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2008 8:49:00 PM More reviews by darkerheartx134

this powder smelled funny, made my skin ghastly and oily won't repurchase

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 11:25:00 AM More reviews by imnotreallyadoctor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow. Wow wow wowzee wow. This is one incredible powder. It does EVERYTHING. It acts as a base and finisher for my eyeliner/shadow as well as my foundation so that they don't budge. It zaps shine without ever caking because of lotions or oils or whatever. It's super long-lasting and best of all, you can't tell I've got any on. I just use the puff thingy that comes with it to apply it. Oh! Also, it never makes you look too matte. I definitely recommend this product, and will be repurchasing the moment it runs out.
Edit: Well, it ran out and I bought it again (the new formula) and it's pretty much the same, except the colour goes on more heavily. So points off for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2008 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Tiki21

With a kabuki brush, this is the best pressed powder I've gotten out of a drugstore. It covers well, doesn't look too cakey, and (most importantly) doesn't give me breakouts. I like the color (I want a bit of color in my powder), love the coverage (with or without foundation), and love the feel of it (not heavy at all).

And I haven't had much luck with drugstore powders, including most Cover Girls -- they've usually made me break out, or made my skin feel heavy or itchy, or had too heavy a color for my tastes. I bought this one as an emergency replacement while travelling, was happily surprised, and have been repurchasing it ever since, especially if I find it on sale in a dollar store somewhere.

I hate the case; I even hate the new case just as much (the one with the littler mirror in it) -- they're just dog ugly. And I've had several of these compacts now where the product broke (2 out of the last 6 crumbled while travelling in my purse; one "chipped" significantly so it's relegated to my bathroom). They don't all break up, though -- one I've had for months now in my main purse and it's in perfect condition -- so I think it's a quality control problem more than a product problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2008 2:16:00 AM More reviews by rinnieover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this product for about two weeks now, and my basic opinion of it is, eh.
pros:
-very clean, never makes me break out, even with my sensitive skin
-great coverage
-cheap as beans
-the shade selection is unimpressive, but the undertones are pretty, no pinkishness or orangey fake tan hints.

cons:
-looks cakey, not good for using as a setting powder
-shade selection is sucky
-can be messy to apply
-the sponge thing it came with is basically useless. I just tossed it into that ever-growing pile of bad sponges/brushes to join its brethren.
-no icky fragrance

I'm not sure if I would repurchase. Still on the quest for the holy grail, but this is my favorite drugstore powder so far... so I guess I will, if it runs out before I find the Almighty Powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2008 12:19:00 AM More reviews by beautifulicious

this is the 1st cg product that hasn't disappointed me! it actually has super good coverage so i only use the pump foundation for my under eyes. so what i do is use a blush brush and brush on a lot of powder and blends it evenly. pretty easy to blend however if you hav dry skin i do not reccommend this because it has like this stuff it in causing ur skin to look a tad bit dry. i like how it gives me an inner glow to my face tho. it might be because im using a shade too light but my face looks bright and awake with it on. i wont be buying this again though because i hav founda my HG, Clinique Stay-Matte Pressed Powder!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2008 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Ambam032

I picked this up because my other pressed powder didn't match well with my TruBlend liquid foundation. I love the color matching system! It matched beautifully. Unfortunately, it completely crumbled the first time I put it in my purse. Won't buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2008 2:55:00 PM More reviews by savigny

pretty good for the price. Overall I am happy with this product; its just I can not bear the case and the pad it goes with any more. I have translucent medium, and it really works good on my medium fair Asia skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2008 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Savvy890

pros:
has a good coverage
cons:
the pad sucks

has parabens

has little bubbles in it (its hard to explain(

needless to say i gave it to my friend

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2008 1:30:00 PM More reviews by envime

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't use foundation just a pressed powder for light coverage and oil absorption. This powder is pretty cool and does the trick for me. It gives me natural looking, even coverage. You just have to be careful not to put too much or you will get the pale "dead" look.

I don't particularly care for the sponge nor the ugly packaging. I did notice however that they have a new packaging for this formula, still not the best but ok I guess.