Biosilk Silk Therapy

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40-B, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol,Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum (Fragrance)Hexyl Cinnamic Aldehyde, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Gamma Methyl Ionone, Citronellol, Lilial, Hydroxy Citronellol, Geraniol, Eugenol. Silk Therapy Lite: Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Phenyl Trimethicone,C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Fragrance (Parfum),Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, GeraniolHydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool.

I bought the shampoo and conditioner at shoppers. I wouldn't repurchase it at shoppers only because each were 20 dollars , a little pricy if you ask me. However I liked the results. I used my own loreal an Aussie stuff for curls afterwards but my hair felt nice. I have a lot of hair lol, it's wavy- curly and full of volume. I want it sometimes to be a little less frizzy and a little more smooth in terms of frizz so I tried this. The shampoo was nice , it reminded me a bit of tresemme keratin smooth line. It was a silky feeling which was nice. The conditioner was normal, and I agree it was a little weird washing it off like got a little rough and squeaky washing it off with my fingers but when I got out and dried my hair my hair looked more vibrant . I have natural hair colour. It looked nice and more smooth:D but I won't repurchase it because of price. Lol I wash my hair daily soo thats why I couldn't be able to afford it weekly.

on 6/19/2013 12:22:00 AM

It's nice but the product comes out of the bottle too quickly and makes it difficult to find the exact amount needed or else my hair looks greasy. Not worth the hassle and price.

on 6/11/2013 10:54:00 AM

I have been using this product for several years and I love it. Its great for making hair shiny and defining any styling you have done. I also use it in my naturally wavy hair to keep it from getting frizzy while drying. It is on the pricy side but it definitely works.

on 5/29/2013 1:42:00 PM

This is a great product. I love this stuff, it make your hair shiny and pretty. But if you apply too much, you hair will look very oily and dirty. I use a bit less than a dime size. The price is -__-, but I got it off amazon for $32 when the seller promote a sell. Love this stuff, definitely repurchase :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've used this stuff on and off for about fifteen years. Overall, I love it. The only downside is the addition of SD alcohol, but that's also what makes it dry quickly and not weigh your hair down.

The scent is very clean and light. I use it on my dry hair to tame frizzies and the scent linger in my hair faintly most of the day. It does what a serum should, providing shine and softness.

It is too expensive, considering how many other products there are out there now that are similar to this. When I first started using this, there weren't many serums on the market, so the price made more sense. But now, every drugstore brand has a serum, so there's more competition. I do feel it should be a bit less expensive. That said, it lasts me about two years, and my hair is mid back length.

on 5/17/2013 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I always saw people raving about this and I looked at the price and immediately didnt care for it. The price is outrageous! I was extremely skeptical and I thought it was overhyped and a waste of money to purchase. My aunt recently gifted it to me and so it was perfect, I would get to try it out and not spend a penny! I tried it out still skeptical and it is AMAZING! It is worth every penny. All the hype is because it is perfect and nothing short of amazing. It does exactly what it says, it makes my hair soft and beautiful looking. All the other Biosilk products are good too. I HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND this product to everyone! Every since I got this product I havent looked back since and will be repurchasing over and over again. Dont walk to get this product RUN!!!!

on 5/6/2013 6:15:00 AM

this stuff is amazing! my hair feels like its been freshly cut each time I use it! after straightening my hair is feels super smooth.. the straightener just glides over my hair too!

A great product if you flat iron your hair a lot. Works well as a smoother when applied to wet hair before styling, and also as a finished. Nice salon smell as well.

on 4/28/2013 10:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I started using Biosilk in my early teens (I am now 26) when my aunt, a hairdresser, used it on me after blow drying my hair. I have thick unruly curly hair that tends to frizz but have very oily scalp and dry ends. I have tried a ridiculous amount of products and always come back to this. Biosilk is lightweight and easy to spread. I use a dime sized amount on my wet hair spread evenly and heat style then a small amount after styling, when I wear my hair curly I mix in my hand a dime size amount biosilk and about 3-4 pumps of a curl cream (biotera at the moment) and either air dry or use a diffuser. Whatever product is left on my hand I rub on my elbows and/or knees. Pricing may seem high but the large bottle will last a little over a year for me. I have paid the same amount for a smaller bottle or organic argan oil at a health food store and while it had done wonders for my skin, it made my hair super oily.

on 4/26/2013 4:56:00 PM

I wish I didn't just buy a big bottle of this. I found the large bottle for $29 (instead of $40 which I've seen elsewhere) so I went for it since the other bottle was tiny. I'm going to try to take it back.

This didn't work for me but I since it does for so many others, I think it's probably because of how dry and damaged my hair is. I have dyed it sooo many times and used to blow-dry, tease and curl it a lot. This product seems to sit on top of my hair making it look kinda coated and greasy and just basically made it look worse.

I noticed in a bit of time it started to maybe sink in or something and look (slightly) better, but that doesn't matter because I can't get over the smell, which I hate. It smells strong and chemical-y like a dry cleaners or bounce sheets and it gave me almost an immediate headache. Not a fan.

Top Rated Biosilk Products