August 23, 2014 | 1321 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in High Tea

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by mishycakes

LOVE IT! Its definitely MLBB<3. I've been alternating with many nude lipsticks
But this is love. Looks frosty in the tube but it doesn't show once
Applied. Soft and moisturizing, perfect nude for my NC40 skintone

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2009 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Crazybunnygirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After Reading mixed reviews about this product , I decided is pick it up and try for myself. I tested it in the store and really couldn't see much of a difference, I thought maybe I'd play around with it, layering it over other lipsticks.
I have to say, this particular lipstick is totally and completely average. Not in a bad way, it's just that when it's on my lips all I can say is "it DOES have nice _______, but it could have a bit more..." sheathed it's shimmer, pinky tones, coverage, shine, peachy tones, nude-y-ness, pretty much EVERYTHING. but I don't take this as a bad thing. Were always looking for the "best", but what may be the best in one places may not be the best in others, so when I can find a product that's just OKAY, in everythig, I take it as a good thing. I take it as I can pair it with a lipgloss or other lipstick depending on what I feel like and I know that I'm going to snatch this up out of my makeup case when I'm in too much of a rush to play with color.
Definately a great go-to, nude lipstick. I'll definately repurchase over and over again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 11:55:00 PM More reviews by sskona

This is my current favorite everyday lipstick. I love how it's nude without making me look dead! I'm actually on my second tube (and I NEVER use a color long enough to purchase a second tube!). It's the perfect color on its own as well as an awesome base color-I layer different glosses over it to alter it depending on my makeup mood that day. It looks great with every color gloss-from pink to bronze glosses, they all look beautiful! I highly recommend if you are looking for a natural nude!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2009 2:54:00 PM More reviews by fr0stin3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's like gloss in an easy to apply lipstick format! I love how it gives a great shiny look without the sticky, goopy, glossy, nastiness that I've come to detest.

The color is gold with a hint of pink. It's nude while being multi-dimensional. I am NC30, blue-black hair, black eyes and practically no lashes. High Tea is perfect when I'm wearing Haux shadow in the crease, black liquid liner and eyelashes. I prefer it over the satin, muted lipsticks because it is not flat.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2009 12:29:00 AM More reviews by marylola50

I like this lipstick a lot. It's a lighter nudeish frosty color, but very light frosty.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2009 1:32:00 PM More reviews by LIEHIEZE

I really like this lipstick. Its a very pretty goldish-nude, that doesn't make me look washed out (I'm an NC20). I tried many of the nude lipsticks, but they made me look very washed out and this one didn't. I love the smell and it stays on pretty well. Also it gives a nice shine because it's a lustre.
I rated this 4 lippies because I wish it was a little bit more pigmented, and it doesn't show up the best on my very pigmented lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 8:22:00 PM More reviews by dolce_1127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Of ALL the High Tea swatches I have seen online (because I have been eyeing this for a long time), it seems like a pink shimmery lipstick, like Politely Pink, but in store, it is actually a beige with tiny shimmer. It is a luster and therefore it glides on like a dream. I have countless lipglasses but I never had a lipstick. I bought 2 before but I returned them both. This one I am going to keep. I absolutely ADORE it. It is a nude, but it is not boring concealer nude, it looks great on my NC25 skin, and it has great colour pay off for a luster lipstick from MAC. Looks a perfectly natural and nude in natural light, in bright lighting it looks like a cute neutral pink, in yellow ballroom light it looks beige and nude pretty! I like it because it adds that little extra *bling* to my face, I don't know how it does it, but it does, even when I'm not wearing smoky eye makeup. Moisturizing, smells like vanilla, but like all MAC lipsticks, there is that icky lipstick smell hiding under that faint vanilla. I like it so much though, and I think my MAC lipstick phase has now officially began.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Designkelly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted Creme D'Nude...but it was sold out...so I got this lipstick instead.
I like it...its certainly not as matte as Creme D'Nude. It definitely lets your natural lip color come through. It has a nice light brown color with gold shimmer. I think it's a nice neutral to have in your back pocket but I'm not crazy about it. I wish I reached for it more...I think the issue is longetivity...My lips always get dried out from using lipsticks unless layered with gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 3:27:00 PM More reviews by aeroerin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was in search of a good nude lipstick on my NC25 complexion that wouldn't make me look like death. The SA suggested High Tea first and, after swatching some other cult MAC nudes (Myth, Blankety, Creme D'Nude [which I will purchase in the future], Hug Me, Hue, and others), I settled on High Tea. The lustre formula is amazing, though not the most long-wearing, and the color toned down my lips' natural color without making me look like I rubbed concealer on my mouth. It's my go-to for more dramatic eye/cheek looks. I'll continue to B2M for/rebuy this shade!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 10:30:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

I'm not generally a fan of MAC lustre lipsticks because they just seem to always be too sheer for my pigmented lips. I do have a few though that I adore, and I'm a nude lipstick junkie, so I was happy to acquire this initially. The joy ended the second I put this on. It's not that it's horrible by any stretch, but on my NC40 skintone and pigmented lips .. this ended up being a $14 lip balm. Color payoff wasn't as impressive as some of the other lustres, rendering it the same color as my lips but just more shine. If you're pale, this would probably be a great addition to your arsenal, but for my skintone, this just failed to impress.