October 31, 2014 | 1087 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Cristalle

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2007 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Pollars

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I think Christalle smells like bug spray with a dash of lemon in it. I don't find too many of the Chanel perfumes appealing. I did wear them when I was younger, but not too crazy about them now.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2007 2:23:00 AM More reviews by skullaria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This smells like lemonade and bleach. It is a clean, light scent at least.

I used to like it until I realized that fact. I gave mine away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2007 9:37:00 AM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Cristalle is your typical lemony goodness 70s scent in the vein of your diorellas, eau d'hadrien, etc etc. I remember when my mom bought the EDT back in the late 80s (before the EDP was even made) ...trying it as a teenager, the EDT smelled off on me. A few months ago, I was wearing Coco Mademoiselle (drastically different smell) and it seemed like everyone aroudn me was wearing it, so I decided to go buy something new. I tried the EDP and fell in love. The dry down is nice, and it smells a lot more understated than Coco Mademoiselle. Also a lot less people wear it, so you don't smell like the girl next to you, or your boyfriend's ex girlfriend or whatever. Evidently the EDT and EDP are two different perfumes. I can buy that because the EDP has more depth and more peach and lilac, the EDT is more crisp and the lemon and tobacco notes more pronounced.

I understand the EDP was made by Jacques Polge to create a more "year round" scent but it is still spring-summer to me. I am one of the few Cristalle lovers who likes both the EDP and EDT and find that I can layer and use both. I am also not ant-Polge like some hardcore Chanel fraggies, his stuff is fine (with the possible exception of Allure but I digress) and I think the EDP is faithful to the original. What I do is put on the EDP in the morning and use the EDT to "update" when I want to put on more (after lunch, before going out to dinner etc). There is something really refreshing (and the spray function is even different from the EDP) about spritzing on the EDT after lunch on a hot day. Love it!

Cristalle has become my signature scent, and I do have the nerve to try and wear it in the winter (although I may jump over to more wintery scents from time to time) I think Cristalle is just odd enough a fragrance that I might be able to hold on to it for a while. It really is odd, just wear it with an open mind and you will see what a masterpiece it is amongst all these cheap perfumes that all smell the same.

One thing weird about Cristalle for me is that my husband, who has a very sensitive nose, does not say anything about Cristalle. He is extremely opinionated and is the type to complain vehemently at the first whiff of something off. He barely notices when I have it on and has neither good nor bad to say about Cristalle. For me that is a good thing, it makes me feel like it blends into my skin and makes it that more of a signature scent for me.

20 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2007 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

Much too sharp and much too biting. I smell pine needles, evergreen trees and synthetic chemicals. No thank you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2007 11:16:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

With the warm burst of spring weather we've had here in New England, I've taken a shine to these sunshine filled scents that just add more warmth to the warmer weather and/or add a little refreshment and coolness on those warmer days; Chanel Cristalle is one of those classic scents that feels/smells so good when the weather warms up. Despite all the other citrus scents out there these days, Cristalle remains classic. I remember years ago my older sister was about 21 (which made me about 17) she bought a bottle -- wore it for a while and decided it wasn't quite her. As luck would have it she bestowed me with this sparkling beauty. It was as if she had truly presented me with a treasure! Not only did this amazing sister pass on her knowledge that normally goes from older sisters to younger ones -- but she was a sensual woman, years above the maturity of 21; she had a fondness for tea, awesome music, cats, reading AND she was quite the aromaphile! I loved her for giving me that bottle of Cristalle and for offering me the opportunity to enjoy the finer things/more sensual side of life. Every time I smell Cristalle, I remember that day; even though it was indeed a little cloudy and cool --- upon that first spritz of Cristalle my world felt alittle more sunny and bright. Cristalle banishes the glooms away -- lifts the spirit and energizes the mind. Even after 24 years it still makes me smile. Now that my sister has recently passed away -- her memory and all the lessons of life she taught me are embellished when I spritz on Cristalle. It's amazing how scent has the ability to take you back-- help you to remember the treasures of your past and loved ones who are gone from our sight.... but never really gone in our hearts. I am so glad she gave me that bottle of Cristalle to remember her by. And even though I don't have the actual bottle (too many moves and crashes in 24 years!) I do have the memories that the scent of Cristalle conjures up and those can never be broken.

28 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2007 7:17:00 PM More reviews by obzessd

This is for EDP. It's currently my favorite scent. I love this and No. 5 from Chanel. It's complex and warm and sophisticated. And it lasts the whole day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2007 3:10:00 PM More reviews by alu8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A true classic! I don't wear this everyday--only in the colder months. Got the set with lotion, bath gel and EDP about 8 years ago as a gift. I still have about 1/4 left of EDP. The scent has not changed at all. Most perfumes will become changed after even 1-2 years. This did not. It is very sophisticated--I typically wear this on holidays or special night out. Long lasting and yummy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2007 6:33:00 PM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Clean and refreshing like a sunny day. Cristalle begins straightaway as No.19 with a citrus twist. Then it blooms into a lovely soft citrus, with a hint of green. Nothing floral about this one, it's perfect for a summer trip, a casual day, or even work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2007 10:42:00 AM More reviews by mermaidmaenad

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

oh a classic. green and very sharp and biting at first...but 5 seconds later it is smooth and elegant and...well, smells like summer. also can be the other seasons...just dreamy and upscale...

2010- revisited this again. There is NOTHING else like this in the realm of citrus/green anywhere. it is the best, most elegant, flavor for the summer possible. end of story. a must have, i believe i have gone through many many bottles of this through the years. perfection.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2007 11:31:00 PM More reviews by bonnardkitten

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I flirted with Cristalle for a while until I found Diorella. I once read a description of Cristalle where the person described it as having a "transmission" problem - that it shifted "gears" awkwardly as it transitioned from top notes to heart notes (sorry, I don't remember the name of the person who wrote that). I would have to agree with this assessment. Although Cristalle contains many of the same notes that Diorella has, it has none of Diorella's sparkle; to my nose, Cristalle is banal in the dry-down. I like Cristalle's odd, smoky/fresh opening notes - I find it is startling and original and bracing in the beginning. Then it seems to settle into a boring, "fruit-salad"-like floral. I just wish that Diorella could have been named "Cristalle" instead. Diorella reminds me of Barbarella or godzilla, or, worse - both of them at the same time! Cristalle has an elegant name, and an elegant bottle - but the scent itself is not one of my favourites.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No