April 21, 2014 | 1037 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Cristalle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2007 7:17:00 PM More reviews by obzessd

This is for EDP. It's currently my favorite scent. I love this and No. 5 from Chanel. It's complex and warm and sophisticated. And it lasts the whole day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2007 3:10:00 PM More reviews by alu8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A true classic! I don't wear this everyday--only in the colder months. Got the set with lotion, bath gel and EDP about 8 years ago as a gift. I still have about 1/4 left of EDP. The scent has not changed at all. Most perfumes will become changed after even 1-2 years. This did not. It is very sophisticated--I typically wear this on holidays or special night out. Long lasting and yummy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2007 6:33:00 PM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Clean and refreshing like a sunny day. Cristalle begins straightaway as No.19 with a citrus twist. Then it blooms into a lovely soft citrus, with a hint of green. Nothing floral about this one, it's perfect for a summer trip, a casual day, or even work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2007 10:42:00 AM More reviews by mermaidmaenad

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

oh a classic. green and very sharp and biting at first...but 5 seconds later it is smooth and elegant and...well, smells like summer. also can be the other seasons...just dreamy and upscale...

2010- revisited this again. There is NOTHING else like this in the realm of citrus/green anywhere. it is the best, most elegant, flavor for the summer possible. end of story. a must have, i believe i have gone through many many bottles of this through the years. perfection.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2007 11:31:00 PM More reviews by bonnardkitten

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I flirted with Cristalle for a while until I found Diorella. I once read a description of Cristalle where the person described it as having a "transmission" problem - that it shifted "gears" awkwardly as it transitioned from top notes to heart notes (sorry, I don't remember the name of the person who wrote that). I would have to agree with this assessment. Although Cristalle contains many of the same notes that Diorella has, it has none of Diorella's sparkle; to my nose, Cristalle is banal in the dry-down. I like Cristalle's odd, smoky/fresh opening notes - I find it is startling and original and bracing in the beginning. Then it seems to settle into a boring, "fruit-salad"-like floral. I just wish that Diorella could have been named "Cristalle" instead. Diorella reminds me of Barbarella or godzilla, or, worse - both of them at the same time! Cristalle has an elegant name, and an elegant bottle - but the scent itself is not one of my favourites.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2007 1:09:00 PM More reviews by libbynan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this fragrance. I've been wearing it for 30 years on and off but I find that I have a hard time locating a store that carries it. It's not an everyday fragrance though. I wear it once in a while.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2006 1:55:00 PM More reviews by renia22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite EDT's, along with it's cousin, Chanel #19. My husband didn't like the Chanel 19 all that much, so I tried this one instead. It's similar to the 19, but softer and lighter. It's smells fresh and light, while still maintaining the classy, expensive aura that the Chanel fragrances are known for. I also love that it doesn't overpower or smell 'perfumey'. Love it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2006 3:11:00 PM More reviews by moonstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After reading all of the wonderful reviews on this site, I had to sample this the last time I went out shopping. I sprayed away without even smelling it out of the bottle first. Big mistake! Instead of clean, fresh, green, olfactory perfection, I got slammed by the sharp scent of pine needles and absolutely nothing else. Perhaps the tester had gone bad, who knows? I had such high hopes...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2006 2:30:00 PM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my goodness this stuff reeks. I love citrus fragrances, but I detected no citrus in this fragrance at all. It smells very sharp and green. Very, very masculine. It actually gave me a chemical headache. This is going back tomorrow! ugh!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2006 3:51:00 PM More reviews by MellyHelly

Cristalle is lovely! I prefer EdT over Edp.
I've been knowing it for years since my mother bought a bootle back in the '70 and I used to spray with it!
What I really like in Cristalle is the fact that it's both fresh/clean AND elegant.
Usually I go for strong intense almost thick scents and dislike fresh type, because of their lack of personality and poor staying power.
Citrus scents usually morph into a acrid smell, but not Cristalle!
It stays teh same way till the end with a beautiful oakmoss base.
It's a scent you can wear at workplace without disturbing anyone and at the same time it's there with you and it's feminine.
I don't wear this for going out at night, but it's perfect for waking up in winter and it makes you feel clean in a crowd.