August 2, 2014 | 1285 users online

Loose Powders - Cover Girl - Professional Loose Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Zanita27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this stuff to set my makeup and get rid of the greasiness. To me this is just a nice basic powder to use. It's not cakey, and I actually love the Noxzema smell. Frankly, I'd prefer it over something that was scented like old fashioned flowers. I've had no problems with the cap coming off in my bag. The sifter is great because you don't get powder everywhere which can be really messy.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2010 8:18:00 AM More reviews by sidebraid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

The smell is very strong and smells of ancient face powder. Also, it just poofs everywhere.. the cap also doesn't screw on and way too much comes out of that sifter. I only wanted a finishing powder, but even a light application makes my face look a little powdery and 'made up'. Would not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by smurden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Tossed after 1 use. Can't get past the smell ~ I thought they had gotten rid of the noxema smell a while ago? Love that the lid stays on tight which, with the dirt cheap price ($4.12 at Ulta), are the only redeeming qualities of this powder. Can't vouch for the color, wear, or oil controlling properties since I couldn't get past the smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2010 9:23:00 AM More reviews by CorrieVO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used this product for years; tried to find other loose finishing powders that go with my yellow/olive undertones, but I keep coming back to the Translucent Fair 105 or Translucent Light 110 as my staples - love this powder. Versatile: it wears well over moisturized skin (buffed on with a buffer brush for sheer coverage) or over foundation (applied with a round flat sponge applicator for fuller coverage matte finish). I have oily skin, though, so within 4-6 hours I'm shiny; after blotting off excess oil, I'm able to reapply without problem and go another 4-6 hours. Color stays true (does not seem to oxidize over the course of the day). Smell of product is fresh, like Noxema. Definitely a reliable standby for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2010 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Rustumbobbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This power is a nice setting power but if your looking for coverage you wont be pleased. overall it's a good product with alot of product packaged for the price you pay and I actually would purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by emromano

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just bought my second one.

I have two sets of makeup, one at my home the other at my boyfriends place, and I keep my MAC loose powder @ my house ( and usually the nicer makeup in general )

But, having both, I actually like this stuff better. It takes the shine out of your freshly applied makeup, and sets it. No complaints here, and especially for the price.

Only downside is that the cover on my last one cracked bc it is very thin and cheaply packaged...hey for five bucks I am not complaining.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 1:12:00 PM More reviews by MichieKrum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great inexpensive powder to set liquid foundation. It gives sheer coverage and does not go on cakey. It dusts on nicely and blends well into the skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2010 12:01:00 AM More reviews by jenja536

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this only to apply under my eyes to catch any fall out from eyeshadow. For that purpose only it does it's function. It has a strange medicinal or menthol smell that I'm not very keen about but am able to tolerate. Like all loose powders it can get messy. I apply a thick layer under my eyes with a foundation sponge and when I'm done with my eye make up I wipe it away with the same sponge. I use the shade translucent light. I purposefully purchased a much lighter shade to help brighten up my eye area.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2010 12:41:00 PM More reviews by lotsasmiles

I was so dissapointed in this powder, #1 because of the overwhelming strong perfume smell, and #2 for the chalky look that it gave me. I ended up throwing the whole thing away after using it once. Not worth your money!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by danicajonas

This is an okay powder, i have dry skin so it didnt work very well for me it really showed dry patches, and this isnt a good powder if you touch up alot because after the first touch up it will look really cakey. i tried it on my sister and she has normal skin so it worked great for her.