October 25, 2014 | 1641 users online

Foundations - Philosophy - the supernatural airbrush canvas

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2008 8:38:00 PM More reviews by acurrens

i love this foundation. i wear it over a liquid mineral bc i need full coverage for redness. this is the only thing that looks good that covers the redness that i have tried. the only problem is that the lightest shade (natural) is still dark for fair skinned people. does anyone wear a powder over this or do you think that it sets well alone?

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2008 10:44:00 PM More reviews by zeroxstar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely my HG mineral powder, or any powder for that matter. It gives amazing coverage and doesn't feel cakey or heavy. I seriously don't know what I would do without this. I'm NW15-20 in MAC and I use the natural shade which is a bit darker than my skintone but looks natural, as the name implies, and gives me a bit of healthy color.

The packaging is very handy as well and as long as you replace the sponges it's perfect!

Cannot rave about this powder enough, it trumps BE powder SO easily!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2008 8:43:00 AM More reviews by BanditKat0824

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very nice. You get a dewy-type look with this application. My skin looks better with this foundation as opposed to BE which needs help with Mineral Veil, etc. I llike it. The only downside for me is the applicator - I've washed it, of course, and the washing appears to have "weakened" the sponge. The sponge has a tendency now to be looser when reattached to the container and comes off upon application and causes a bit of a mess. I gave it only 2 lippies for pkg for this reason.

Update: 2-23-09 I still love this stuff and found that replacement sponges can be bought on line. That solved the applicator dilemma but I still think the sponges are inferior and should last longer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2008 12:25:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

This really reminds me of Urban Decay Surreal Skin. With that said, really love this foundation. I absolutely refuse to bother with the packaging though, ie the puff pad. I think mineral makeup should be applied with a brush, so that's what I use. This applies very light and silky. When I say light, however, I don't mean sheer. You can definately achieve full coverage with this. It's almost matte. Slightly dewy, which I love. The color I got, Sand, does tend to look slightly yellowy, but my skin does have a yellow undertone, so it works. This lasts a long time and doesn't turn weird, ie shiny, dry, change colors. You get a lot of product for the price. Would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2008 10:00:00 PM More reviews by snlederman

I should start off by saying I'm a makeup freak. Meaning... I've tried everything under the sun. The funny thing is I'm not kidding. I have probably tried 100 different foundations. HERES THE DEAL: If you have acne prone skin this foundation is a miracle. It will NOT make you break out. When you first get it your going to think the coverage is so so.. you have to wait till the powder starts to absorb in the pad and then the coverage will be much better. If you have blemish marks your still going to need to put a little more concealer over it. Its not a big deal when you consider the fact that your not going to break out from it. My recommendation for your little spots, is Benefits Your's bluffing concealer (comes in a yellow tube). Put on the philosophy foundation then spot treat with this stuff and your GOLDEN! If you need one with a treatment in Benefit's Galactic Shield concealer is the equivalent with treatment.

TRUST ME.. I've mastered the process. I've been fighting acne on and off for years!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2008 5:33:00 AM More reviews by missalyss

i personally really like the applicator on this product. the applicator is which initially drew me to the product because it saves more time in comparison to other loose powders. however, after using it, id have to agree that its difficult to tell how much you're actually putting on. besides that, i love the coverage for this foundation and i like its finish more than bareminerals. the only other downside for me is that i tend to get shiny half way through the day with this product although that didn't happen when i used bareminerals. overall, i give it a 4 lippies because i think it does give you the airbrushed finish described.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2008 10:11:00 AM More reviews by RedHeeled

I've been a mineral makeup user for a while, and have always used loose powder but have been finding it hard to use when I'm pressed for time. The Supernatural initially drew my attention because of the packaging - even though it was loose powder, it was packaged in such a way that I could (perhaps) save time when applying.

Unfortunately, the applicator is a bit difficult. I find it hard to see how much powder is actually coming out of the applicator, so I tend to overapply. The sponge doesn't work well when "blending", so I've been finding myself dotting on the powder with the applicator, and then blending with my kabuki. I find coverage to be about medium, but unfortunately, it does contain bismuth oxychloride which made my sensitive skin itch.

I do wish the color selection was a little better. I'm NC25-30 with yellow undertones, and found that Sand was a bit too light, but all other shades did not contain yellow undertones. I debated between Natural and Beige, and ended up with Beige which contains rather peachy tones. Based on the color selections available, I would not be purchasing this again (I may change my mind if Philosophy expands the color selections).

For those worried about contaminated/dirty sponges, Philosphy does sell replacement sponges at $3 for a pack of 3.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2008 9:13:00 PM More reviews by nunzi182

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really do like this product but I have one gripe. The application for this product makes me feel like it's not really going on my skin and I sometimes feel like I overapply it. I think with practice this will fine once I can gauge the flow of the powder. Other than that I really like this product and feel like the coverage is good. I wouldn't say airbrushed but definitely good. I don't feel like I have a mask of foundation on which is the effect I was going for. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2008 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Orwell

This is a great powder foundation - it's mineral and natural, it has a small amount of SPF and the coverage is good and also buildable. I use a brush to buff this into my skin as I haven't worked out how to use that awkward puff sponge (one lippie off for the awkward packaging). The powder is not a finely milled one like some other ones I've used, but it works very well. I use it over the Dr Brandt Pores No More primer for a good finish. And it hasn't caused me breakouts after a couple of weeks of using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2008 2:22:00 PM More reviews by spacejam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i bought this in the porcelain shade and it gave a great coverage BUT it was way to dark for my skin :S i thought porcelain would be the lightest. I know they do a natural shade and i would be grateful if anyone could tell me if this is a lighter shade? i am a number 1 or 2 in dior foundation.

the dispenser for the powder was very cute and well made and the mirror in the lid is useful, if only they did a much lighter shade :(