Sebastian Potion 9

4.1

Water, Glycerin, Guarhydroxypropyltrimonumchloride, Jojoba Seed Oil, Safflower Seed Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PVP, Cetearyl Alcohol, Methyl Gluceth-10, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Fragrance, Panthenol, Imdazoudinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Amodimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Propylparaben, Olive Fruit Oil, Orbigyna Olefera Seed Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Disodium EDTA, Stearalkonum Chloride, Sesame Seed Oil, Ethyl Hexyl Methoxycinnamate, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tetrasodium EDTA, Rice Bran Oil, Citric Acid, Orange 4, Camellia Sinesis Extract, Willow Bark Extract, Ext. Violet 2, Red 40 (2012 formula)

I have incredibly thick, wavy/curly hair which is dry and unmanageable. I have been searching for my HG styling product for over 20 years and nothing's hit the mark yet and God knows I have tried EVERYTHING - although I'm experimenting with Smooth Down and Real Control products after spending over $100 in Redken's store on Fifth Ave last weekend during a trip to NYC (good dollar rate for us Brits at the moment!) Sebastian's Potion 9 got some great reviews on here but it merely left my hair crunchy. It's also a bit icky and gloopy to the touch and feels quite synthetic when applying.
When I die my headstone will say "And here she lies, having spent almost $500k on hair products during her lifetime. What a shame just looking at her now."

I live in Arizona and the hot summer sun really dries one's hair - to the core!! I was looking for something that was light weight and would add a little shine and control to my thin fly away hair. This product is what I was looking for! It smells terrific and left my hair shiny, lustrous, and less staticky (?is that a word?). I just applied a dab (dime sized amount) to wet hair and styled as usual. Love the results!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have shoulder length hair that is medium-coarse, but I dont have tons of it.
I was simply looking for a product that would make my hair more manageable but not weigh it down. And this is it! If you have specific needs, this probably isnt it. But it is a simple styling product that is lightweight and does its job. I blow dry and straighten my hair everyday, and this makes it look really healthy. Not greasy or heavy at all, and you can tell when you pump it on to your hand that it is a very light product. Before I was using sebastians whipped waves (i believe that is the correct name), even though I straighten my hair, but I found that product to be waaay too heavy and very greasy. I could barely use a dime size without looking like i forgot to wash my hair.
Im not sure what size I own, but its a nize size bottle and I think it was around $14, which to me is not bad at all. I also love the pump dispenser and the smell is wonderful. It smells just like a salon.

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!!! Before, my hair was dry and frizzy.. After I bought the big one (500ml), at the next 2 months..My hair start to be shinier, bouncier and very soft..
I have wavy to curly hair, and it's really great for defining waves.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love the ingredients in this and it makes my hair manageable and defined. It lasts me a long time. I use about a quater sized amount for almost waist lenght hair. 5.1 oz

I have curly and pretty coarse hair (a lot of it!) and, on recommendation of my hairdresser, I apply this product (on damp hair) just before straightening using a blowdrier/iron. It works wonders! It makes my unruly and generally dry hair manageable and soft when straightening and I am done in about 30 minutes (usually it takes me around 50 minutes). I use only a moderate amount and it still has a significant defrizzing and conditioning effect. It provides minimum hold and doesn't weigh my hair down at all. There are many ways to use this product depending on hairtype and texture - and this is simply where it works best on my hair! Also, its gel-like and watery consistency is a huge plus when straightening

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I know a ton of people love this, but it was not good at all for my baby fine wavy hair...

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have used this product as a leave-in for the past 5 years. I have long, layered fine hair that is easily prone to split ends. This keeps my hair healthy and strong. It smells good and with the new packaging-it's very easy to get the perfect amount to apply.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I have no idea what this product actually does for my hair, but I can say that I donít notice any difference whether Iíve been using it or not... Iíll try to finish my tube, which I think Iíve had for 2 years now, but wonít be buying again. I prefer completely silicone-free products anyway.

Ingredients: Water (aqua), Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Stearalkonium Chloride, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, PVP, Trimethylsilyamodimethicone, Hydrolized Wheat Protein, Hydrolized Silk, Cetyl Alcohol, Methyl Gluceth 10, Octylmethoxycinnamate, Panthenol, Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia Chinensis), Safflower Oil (Carthamus Tinctorius), Macadamia Ternifolia Nut Oil, Babassu Oil (Orbignya Oleifera), Borage Seed Oil (Borago Officinalis), Evening Primrose Oil (Oenothera Biennis), Dog Rose Hips Oil ((Rosa Canina)), Propylene Glycol, Caprilic/Capric Triglyceride, All Spice Extract (Pimenta Dioica), Lemongrass Extract ((cymbopogon schoenanthus)), Hydroxyethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, Fragrance (parfum), Annatto (CI 75120), Ext D&C Violet 2 (CI 60730), D&C Orange 4 (CI 15510), FD&C Red 40 (CI 16035), Vegetable Oil.

I'm so happy to find others who don't like this product, since it is so much praised by many women.

This makes my hair tangled and dry, quite the opposite of what I'm looking for. I feel that this is damaging my hair instead of protecting it. I will however try this on my roots just out of curiosity. My roots could use some body, but my (long) hair ends don't need it.

I gave it 2 because it has a nice scent and that's always a bonus.

Popular Styling Products