October 25, 2014 | 1412 users online

Styling Products - Sebastian - Potion 9

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 12:54:00 PM More reviews by island_honey

I have used this product as a leave-in for the past 5 years. I have long, layered fine hair that is easily prone to split ends. This keeps my hair healthy and strong. It smells good and with the new packaging-it's very easy to get the perfect amount to apply.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2009 11:53:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have no idea what this product actually does for my hair, but I can say that I donít notice any difference whether Iíve been using it or not... Iíll try to finish my tube, which I think Iíve had for 2 years now, but wonít be buying again. I prefer completely silicone-free products anyway.

Ingredients: Water (aqua), Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Stearalkonium Chloride, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, PVP, Trimethylsilyamodimethicone, Hydrolized Wheat Protein, Hydrolized Silk, Cetyl Alcohol, Methyl Gluceth 10, Octylmethoxycinnamate, Panthenol, Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia Chinensis), Safflower Oil (Carthamus Tinctorius), Macadamia Ternifolia Nut Oil, Babassu Oil (Orbignya Oleifera), Borage Seed Oil (Borago Officinalis), Evening Primrose Oil (Oenothera Biennis), Dog Rose Hips Oil ((Rosa Canina)), Propylene Glycol, Caprilic/Capric Triglyceride, All Spice Extract (Pimenta Dioica), Lemongrass Extract ((cymbopogon schoenanthus)), Hydroxyethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, Fragrance (parfum), Annatto (CI 75120), Ext D&C Violet 2 (CI 60730), D&C Orange 4 (CI 15510), FD&C Red 40 (CI 16035), Vegetable Oil.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2009 7:22:00 AM More reviews by Honeyhoney

I'm so happy to find others who don't like this product, since it is so much praised by many women.

This makes my hair tangled and dry, quite the opposite of what I'm looking for. I feel that this is damaging my hair instead of protecting it. I will however try this on my roots just out of curiosity. My roots could use some body, but my (long) hair ends don't need it.

I gave it 2 because it has a nice scent and that's always a bonus.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 1:45:00 PM More reviews by na8i

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I first noticed this product when my hair stylist used it in my hair (shoulder lenght, fine and silky strands, but wavy) before blow drying and styling. Since Sebastian products are horribly expensive in Norway I managed to swap for this - I am one happy camper, indeed! I have no complaints. The smell is great; it is packed with beneficial ingredients; it never fails to make my hair smooth and silky (I wash and blowdry daily). No residue problem. I really feel that this does make a difference. Perfect for those who need intensive treatment, but doesn't have the time to lounge around with a hair mask.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2009 4:56:00 AM More reviews by charb3

I use this on my daughters' hair. It helps to manage their long, fine, thick hair beautifully. I personally like the scent and that it is kind of a gel/ detangling agent in one. Definite staple in my home and I really like the new packaging over the old.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 2:44:00 PM More reviews by ddddggg

This product is so good.. its the first leave in conditioner ever made, and to date little has changed.. Every time i talk to a hair stylist, they give me excellent feedback on this one. And i love it. It smells great. And its especially handy when youre at the beach and you want to use some protection against the sun

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2009 8:19:00 AM More reviews by Linzi1

Right, just want to comment on previous comments it may help someone. I have used seb potion 9 for years, from what I understand it was taken over by Wella and yes for those that really know this product I would say mainly that the oil content has gone down so it does not put back so well what shampoo has taken out! Potion 9 is still better than most other products of its kind on the market. For those experiencing dryness I would say look at the shampoo you are using, use less of it as many use too much. I have found the sebastian drench shampoo & conditioner to work well with potion 9 for my long wavy hair and would recommend for any hair type. Try it I can tell you it is one of the very best for hair condition and texture DOES EXACTLY WHAT IT SAYS!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

On and off I have been using this. I particularly go to it when my hair is damaged. Recently, I went for a trim and she cut off six inches. That was a lot, and now I have to flat iron every day. I am very worred about damage, so I bought this again to leave in because as I grow out my hair, I want it to be in great shape always. It's a good product - it does define my waves so I can leave as is and it looks full an shiny, or I can flat iron and my hair still looks full. My colour seems to like this product and it looks bright with great tone. I remember a hair dresser once remarking how much my hair liked this product and I think it does. My hair does not like protein treatments for some reaso as a rule, but there are a couple of products that are ok as long as I alternate - this is one of them. I always like to have this on hand and I like that it makes my hair look thick and healthy (although not as soft as all-soft leave in!).
EDIT: July 18, 2011 Haven't used it in a while, my hair is so dry and long and nothing was helping. Found it, put in a good dollop and braided it. The next morning, shine and softness which I haven't felt in a while. Still a great item.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by orch_id

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i bought this because a friend told me how much she loved it and she has lovely hair. well it didn't do anything nice for my hair, this stuff made it feel kinda dirty and not soft at all, as if i hadn't conditioned or something. also made my hair limp and ruined the natural waves i usually have. i don't like the smell either, definitely won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 8:55:00 PM More reviews by skla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one product that I go back to again and again. My hair is straight and waves a bit if I air dry - which I do 99% of the tie. I live in a very dry climate and this protects and saves my hair from frizz and anything else the weather throws at it. The trick is to not use too much, just a dab will do and I have long hair. Long hair that gets constant compliments on it's shine. I have tried other things, but I always come back to this. One tube lasts a long time, so the expense is worth it.

Nice fresh smell too.